“tasty lechon” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rico's lechon

Rico's lechon
Ranked #32 of 693 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Filipino, Asian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
philippines
“tasty lechon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

not the best ive tasted but the service in this resto was good. staff was courteous and helpful. also the other dishes like veggies are tasty and fresh.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank isayqc

Davao City, Philippines
“One of the best lechon I've ever tasted! definitely better than the lechon place that starts with a Z”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

there's original flavor and spicy flavor!

original goes for 500/kilo and spicy went for 550/kilo as of this writing
If you're shipping it back to a city they'll provide a box for an additional charge of 25 pesos

stock quickly runs out so it's better if you reserve in advance. there's a branch nearby the airport. I forgot the street but the information is on their facebook page!

will definitely come back for more!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sheymoure
Singapore, Singapore
“Have to eat it there, and when its fresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place is a tucked away amidst other shops and it would be quite easy to miss it if you don't have a local person to tell you where it is. Also, the parking can be a little tedious due to the limited parking spaces available and having to fight for it when it is meal times on the weekend.

The seating area of the place is extremely small and it does get packed quite easily and very quickly. Expect a long waiting time during the weekends. My friends and I were there on a Friday afternoon for lunch and it was not as packed as weekends but we were still required to wait for about 20 minutes before we were seated.

I would highly recommend the lechon when it is fresh and please try to eat it as soon as it is served. Upon completion of the meal, it was clear that the fats were hardening due to the air conditioning and staleness of the dish. I would also highly recommend the original instead of the spicy lechon even though both were good in my opinion, the original was better. Take heed as the spicy lechon was pretty spicy for some of my friends. Other than that, the garlic rice was fresh and tasty to accompany the lechon.

Would recommend going to this place if you wish to try some of the better local delicacies but bear in mind, some of it depends on your luck.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank iron_symphony
Manila, Philippines
“Lechon overload!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Rico's is probably not that popular compared to Zubuchon or CnT, because both times that I have been to their restaurant in Mabolo the cab drivers didn't know that there's one in Mabolo, and they are actually surprised that we preferred to try Rico's over CnT and Zubuchon. But my brother and I were just so intrigued with their spicy lechon, and given that they're the only ones serving spicy lechon, we just had to try it.

It's not a 5 star restaurant so don't expect 5 star service or ambiance. Both times we ate there, we had to wait about 15 to 20 minutes before we were seated. But it is their lechon that is the sole reason why we keep on coming back to their restaurant.

Their lechon is very tender. The flavor is just the right mix of herbs and spices. I can eat their lechon even without vinegar. The skin is crunchy and not too salty, even the skin parts that look tough and wrinkly and not crunchy anymore ... they are still so good.

When we came back to Manila, we skipped the usual dried mangoes and otap and rosquillos for pasalubong, we brought home lechon from Rico's.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
philippines
“strike 3, OUT!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

1st time, I went there at 11am, they were already full, and people were waiting. So I left.
2nd time, I went there at 1pm, and they already ran out of lechon, any kind. So I left again.
3rd time, I went there at 6pm, and they already ran out of the regular lechon, all they had were the spicy type. What the heck!!! The spicy type were already pre cut to plate servings. And I could already see the fats and oil start to harden, which means these were lechon parts that were not that new anymore.

The problem with this restaurant is a serious case of poor restaurant management. How the heck can you run out of lechon? Ok, I can give the 2nd time experience some slack because it was already past noon time. But how in the heck can you run out of lechon at 6pm???? The reason why their lechon easily gets stale is because their preparation area is located in the middle of the restaurant, where the aircon passes through. If you keep your lechon in a cold area, we expect the oil and fats to curdle, the skin to lose their crispiness.

Who wants to eat lechon that is cold and the fats and oil starting to turn solid and white? Please, Rico's setup is turning up worse than CNT's. As the previous reviewer said, they need work, lots and lots of work.

• Visited June 2013