“Clean modern oasis in Cebu” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of TR3ATS Guest House

TR3ATS Guest House
Ranked #23 of 76 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“Clean modern oasis in Cebu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

We only spent one night in Cebu between flying in and taking a bus up to Malapascua, and it was super refreshing to stay at Tr3ats. Super nice clean rooms. We had an air conditioner and private bathroom, and it was so comfortable that we didn't leave our room for a few hours when we got in! There wasn't much to see in walking distance, but we took a jeepney to a few shopping malls. The receptionist told me that they'll soon be opening another Tr3ats near the airport, which would be ideal for travelers like us who were just stopping through for one night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Wrenee

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
Istanbul
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Good design pays. Nicely designed, well decorated and clean rooms for good price. Quite central also. Friendly staff but as with anywhere in the PH, they didn't know how to get to places, even as central as Ayala Mall, by jeepney. So we took the taxi and later saw there are direct jeepneys from right in front of the Treatz. Also make sure to order your home-cooked breakfast the day before (pay extra). Overall very nice place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank icouldiwill
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I'm a backpacker who travels frequently in Asia and one of the places I loved the most is Cebu. But most hotels in Cebu cost too high for a typical backpacker. But on my 3rd visit in Cebu, I bumped into this new small hotel which I like the most. It's very clean! Price is low with very friendly and accommodating personnel. GOOD VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY ! ! ! To all the staffs, thank you for the great stay. I'll back back soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank KoreanBBQ_2000
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Cleanliness
The guesthouse is very spic and span coz it's a newly opened one. The private and shared bathrooms are neat and with functional hot and cold showers. The shared bathrooms are tidied regularly coz I see Ate Nanz, their cheerful housekeeper, clean it every now and then.

Location
It's along Englis. Just take a jeepney labeled 06C. It's somewhere near SEC or securities exchange commission. Popular landmarks are SEC, Jollibee Guadalupe, primary homes.

It's quite accessible coz it's just walking distance to the Guadalupe market, Jollibee Guadalupe, convenient stores, and a new mall in the One Pavilion.

Rooms
Rooms are clean and with comfy beddings. Toiletries are replenished every day. They have private, family and dorm-type rooms for you to choose from. Wifi is VERY good in their rooms. I can make free international calls to my friend using Skype and viber without any connection interruptions!

Friendly staff. Need directions to certain places? Need to know some important info?
They'll assist you. Also, if you're a long staying guest, you might be lucky enough to taste Michelle's sumptuous cakes (I especially liked the "red velvet.") she, April and Rod have been so accommodating for the entire duration of my stay.

All in all, my stay was really excellent! If you wonder why my review is such a lengthy one, it's coz I'm just a satisfied customer itching to post about my experience with this hotel.

*note: I'm not affiliated in anyway with this hotel. :-) I'm a professional woman in my late twenties and I'm very choosy and particular about hotel amenities.

• Stayed November 2012
5 Thank GremyHong
Changes daily
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Dang it, I thought I might be the first to review Tr3ats, but I was beaten to the punch...
The place is EXACTLY what Cebu needs. Modern, clean, cheap, friendly, all of the things in abundance in many places in SE Asia, but seems lacking in Cebu.

This is my third place of stay in Cebu, and it is the only combination of everything a budget traveler wants. Location, AirCon in the Cebu heat, clean, and cheap. The other two places I stayed had some but not all of these.

They have a security guard, and you can catch the 06C jeepney right outside the place to take you into the center of town and any point there on.

Only knocks: The rooms have curtains instead of doors on the doorways so noises being made outside trickle into the rooms, so bring ear plugs. They charge too much for drinks, 60 peso for a Red Horse where the other places I stayed had Red Horse for under 30. And the drains in the showers are slow, not sure how that happens in a brand new place.

But they have info on the area, maps, friendly staff, all in all, best deal in Cebu, hands down.

Room Tip: There are three dorms on the right side of the hall and private rooms on the left. The dorms, 1 fema...