“A hidden gem”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The restaurant is easy to miss, but once you are ensconced inside, you will treated to an array of declicious French food. The salads are good and foie gras portions were generous- definitely a must visit for those who love duck liver.

For mains, the duck confit was moist, flavorful and tender. Save space for their chocolate cake which looks small but is apcked with so much chocolate inside!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We visited this restaurant for the first time, after hearing the food was good

The people we spoke to were right, lunch times the food was brilliant,

......................HOWEVER

We went in the evening, the ambiance - the location, the gardens were all great, ordering food via a IpAd was a little weird, especially as they had to produce a paper reciept for us to check (yep the in was faded and difficult to read) we checked dilligently it was ok

10 mins later two starters arrived
10 mins later a main course arrived - hang on a main course arrives, but we are still waiting for two starters >>?????

Another 10 mins goes by, another starter arrives, along with the same main course that arrived before ????????

Another 5 mins the final starter (a cold starter at that) arrived, and yes agin the bloody main course (spag bol) arrived for the fourth time..................jeeeeezzzzzz

Eventually everything almost settled down , except because of the starter cock ups - the first two main courses had been sat around for sooooooooooooooo long the mains were cold ??????

Food great -

Service - would not expect such bad service from MacD's or J.bee

We then discussed not paying the service charge - we did not get service - so why should we pay for it

Sorry Suuurrrr but we can't do that - the Manager has gone home and no one can make that decision

If you go - go when there is less that three tables being serverd otherwise your order will be buggered up

Normal people want

All the starters at the same time
All the main courses at the same time
If you stay for sweet (we didn't, would have taken too long - and they may have buggered that up as well) expect a very long wait

Personally I would never recommend this venue to anyone - which is a shame as the food is very good, quantity and quality, but I may be a little old fasioned - but I lke good service

And good service does not excist at this venue...............which is a real shame

Steer clear

Ladas

3  Thank Ladas T
Reviewed February 25, 2013

GOOD
-dined a couple of times at the restaurant and food is always amazing
-staff are attentive
-menu is ordered via ipad
-cream brulee was just beautiful
-french with chinese twist

BAD
-na

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Decor is awesome but the food was kind of disappointing. For starter I had the quiche. It had good flavours but it really was undercooked. For the main dish I ordered the pepper steak. I didn't liked it, the meat, probably a low grade quality, was far from tender unfortunately. Also the waitress came surpringly with our main dishes even if we were not done yet with our starters. She didn't even understand why I was not happy about it. I asked her to take away our mains and to fire new ones when we will be done with our starters. She said yes but brang back later the same plates that was now stone cold. I told her to do something about it, and she came back 1 minute later. My steak was now just warm enough to be edible but the vegetables was still cold. At that moment I understood it was pointless trying to make her understand what was wrong... All in all I was disappointed...

1  Thank jasperzzz
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The place is really nice and pink. Its has the ambiance of being in a little french house. The interiors is really nice. The menu is on an Ipad. How bout the food? Well the food is really good. I liked the appetizers and I had duck for a main course. It was really delicious. Cooked to perfection. Prices were understandable around 12USD or more per Entree. My only let down was the service and thats why its only 3 DOTS for me. We waited for an Hour for our Main Courses. Yes, it was a busy night for them but hey 1 hour is just a too much waiting time. I'd perfectly understand if it was a 20-30mins wait but an hour??? it seemed that they forgot our orders. It would have been perfect for me if they improve that.