The Center Suites
Harolds Hotel(Cebu City)
$114
$95
Agoda.com
Radisson Blu Cebu(Cebu City)
$204
$138
Radisson Blu
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssmall chapelbudget hotelescario streetayala mallhot and cold showerfront desk officerair conditionhotel is locatedcomfortable bedstaxi driverfree breakfastwifijeepneyacsecuritycleanlinesscloset
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I strongly recommend The Center Suites if you want a hotel that is accessible going to the malls. Price is very reasonable considering the quality of service and security. The owners are very accommodating to their guests.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Erique Y
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Booked this hotel for Sinulog. Rooms are very small, kinda pricey for what you would get because all of the hotels were already booked during this season. Small restroom I really don't know how I fit in haha. People were very helpful, great smiles and assistance.

If you're gonna be visiting for Sinulog it much better to booked a hotel at least 5 months before the festival. I guess there are more better hotels than this.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank ByaherongNoyPi
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed for the Sinulog festival. The room very tight, but we didn't see that as a problem because we only went back to the hotel to sleep. It was perfect for sleeping - good room temperature, comfortable beds. The bathroom was tiny, and the water coming out of the shower head smelled funny. Wouldn't have minded the discomfort in the room had the hotel staff been more friendly towards us. Admittedly, we had a sneak-in, but finally told them and paid for the extra charges, but they were always still extra suspicious towards us.

On our last night, after we'd settled the bill and checked out, the hotel stopped me from leaving. My entire group went ahead since they had earlier flights than me. I didn't understand why, but they told me it was because I didn't return the key to room 207. It didn't make sense still because I was registered under room 215 while my other friends were in 207. I tried helping them out by searching 207, but it wasn't there. I had done what I could but even still they didn't let me out. They were charging me P500 for the key, but I refused to pay because it wasn't my responsibility and I needed that money to pay for a cab to the airport. I told them to contact my friends who were in that room, but they insisted I be the one to pay. I kept telling them I had a flight to catch, but they said I wasn't allowed to leave unless I surrendered that key or paid. I started freaking out because they really didn't want to let me go and I was going to miss my flight home. It came to a point where the guard physically blocked me with his arm. I got agitated, slammed a door, causing it to shatter. I know I was wrong in doing that, and I would take it back if i could. But even I'm so appalled at how fussy they were over a silly little key that I wasn't responsible for.

The hotel staff really gave me a lot of stress and didn't make me feel at all welcome or safe. Not worth the "cheap" rooms.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
70  Thank Erica P
Reviewed January 15, 2014

stayed just one night. While the room seemed clean enough, there were mosquitoes and possibly other insects that bit us while we were sleeping, even under blankets. Did kill one mosquito the following morning. No wifi while we were there. They said it was being upgraded or something. Staff was ok, though most of the time they seem suspicious but I guess it's for security reason. No hot water on our floor level as the dispenser was either turned off or out of order so we had to get it from the second floor. Later in the afternoon, there was no water in both dispensers anymore, hot or cold.
Though it was near Ayala mall, you have to walk quite a bit and be familiar with the area, as the hotel is not so visible since it's not on the main road unlike tunes hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jose S
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I'll make the review as fair as possible given the terrible experience we've had.
Pros: (1) size of the room is bigger than usual for 4pax (2) near Ayala mall
Cons: (1)There is an additional cost for children between 7 & 12 which was not explained when I made the reservation. We did not ask for an addtional bed since the kid can fit on the double bed with a grown up. Had I known of the additional cost, i would have picked another place. This was also unexpected since this policy is usually observed on 4 or 5 star hotels and need I say again that I asked during reservation about this. (2) they dont serve breakfast earlier than 7. The earliest is at 630 during the first night stay and they still served it at 7. During our last night, what is bothersome is they do not alter their service with a customers need. Because we woupd be leaving early on our last day, we asked if we can get the breakfast in the evening instead, the answer was a curt no. (3) the cabinets on room 119 are pouring with water (literally) which we believe comes from the adjoining bathroom. (4) they will ask for an additional 3% for credit card charges over 3k and the ultimate clincher (5) I asked for an official receipt and the front desk personnel said she cannot give me one unless I pay an additional 12% on top of their promo price. Verdict - horrible place to stay in. The stress is not worth the so-called inexpensive room prices.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family