“The Henry: Setting New Standards in Hospitality and Service Management | Cebu”

The Henry Hotel Cebu
Ranked #4 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed August 31, 2013

“An urban boutique hotel that surprisingly showcase its character through its exquisite design and offers comfort and convenience at a very reasonable price”, that is how I would describe my overall experience at “The Henry” in Cebu.”

Full review here: http://trackingtreasure.net/2013/07/the-henry-setting-new-standards-in-hospitality-and-service-management-cebu/

Genuine hospitality, an art gallery, a great value for your money, all of this only at The Henry.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique and lovely!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review that highlighted the unique character, exquisite design, great value for money, guest comfort and genuine hospitality - the kind of experience our guests can look forward to at The Henry... Like No Other. I look forward to having you back in the near future. Thank you very much.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We finally got the chance to stay at the Henry Hotel (formerly the House of Cebu) when we had stay in the city for one more night after our trip to Northern Cebu due to flooding in Manila.

It's a fun and quirky boutique hotel in an area with watering holes, restaurants, and a nice-looking spa. You only need to walk a few steps and you can take your pick from the many establishments surrounding it. Vintage pieces, graffiti art, and random objects are cleverly placed throughout the building. I never felt that it was pretentious. You also get the industrial feel because of the exposed beams, lighting, AC units, etc on the ceiling.

There was a swimming pool but we didn't check it out. Before checking in, we took a look at the Big and Large rooms (the XL and XXL rooms were all booked that night) and decided on the Big room since there was just two of us girls and the Large room had no partition between the bedroom proper and the bathroom. That kind of setup would probably be more suited for couples or families.

This is a boutique hotel, so don't expect porters/bellboy helping you with your bags as well as room service and stuff. The room was clean and very spacious; i wondered how much bigger the other rooms are. They provided towels, drinking water, room slippers, toiletries. The AC is also easily adjustable. One very minor thing...when we first went inside, there wasn't any toilet paper in the bathroom. Not really a good thing when one of us really had to do her business and the other person wasn't in the room.

We got the rate without breakfast. It's an additional php1000, if i remember correctly. Instead, my friend ordered breakfast ala carte the next day. The corned beef serving was really small for the price. Kinda felt ripped off. Upon seeing the small serving, i opted not to order and just look for food at the airport. Front desk let us leave behind several boxes of lechon belly with them (for pickup later in the day by our other friends), which was nice.

They'd gladly look for a cab for you, so we never had any problem looking for cabs during our stay. They were usually there within 2 minutes. All in all, I had a pleasant experience during our stay. Wished we could've stayed another night, though.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to know you had pleasant experience all in all in The Henry that you wished you stayed another night. The whole team certainly would look forward to your next visit. Regret that we fell short on some items. Please be assured that the concerns you raised will be addressed appropriately. Nonetheless, it has been a pleasure to have served you and thank you for making The Henry your choice of hotel in Cebu City.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My only regret with booking a room at The Henry Hotel is that we could only stay for one night. Everything about this hotel is fantastic, from the welcoming staff, the art in the rooms and lobby, the unbelievably comfortable beds and the great bathrooms.

Possibly the best value hotel I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. I would fly back to Cebu City just to stay here again.

If you stay, you must try Michaelangelo's pizza a few doors down. The best pizza I've ever had!

Room Tip: Even the smallest rooms are huge!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Delighted that your stay in The Henry...Like No Other was such a fantastic experience. We are inspired to know that the team did a great job. On your next visit, you might want to try our white pizza at Rica's restaurant at the ground level- a certified winner! I look forward to hosting your next visit in Cebu City. Thank you very much.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Is kind of strange to find an hotel like this in a city like cebu. It could be perfectly in Sydney, Hong Kong or Singapour. Its a concept, very urban, like the modern versión of Chaplin's Modern Times.
Its more than chic, is stylish. Rooms are excelent, bed are a dream. Every rooms has it own soul. The decorador and the architec did a very good Job. You will find all you need in the room. They have a lovely restaurant, made me think to Alice in wonderland, with a very welcomeming table with high chairs, you will feel special during your breakfast or dinner. Service is so nice and philipinians are, charming. So you should be coming here to stay, if you are visiting Cebu. Congratulation for all the good work. Ps there is a nice spa just in the right side, and some fancy skin treatmens shop, and an italian restaurant just outside.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clairedelune078

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your your review and such rating that simply gives an impression of the out of the box and stellar experience you had with us. I couldn't agree more when you mentioned that hotel is comparable to hotels found in other countries yet not common in Cebu (and in fact, in the Philippines) which makes The Henry...Like No Other. Further, thank you for pointing out in your review our strength and unique qualities which is why more and more guests and travelers want to revisit and stay in our hotel. We look forward to your return. Thank you very much.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Where do I start? Everything was above and beyond what I had expected.

This hotel is impeccably perfect. The staff was very helpful and kind to me. The room interior itself has so much character with a very comfortable bed along with beautiful paintings. The room was very big and extremely comfortable. I loved the swimming pool. It was very clean and inviting. The restaurant attached to the hotel has a great breakfast menu and nice coffee drinks offered. There was a really delicious Thai restaurant behind the hotel along with Japanese and Italian restaurants. I loved my stay. I have zero complaints. The staff answered all of my questions and gave me advice as to where in Cebu City I should visit. If I'm ever back in Cebu City I will gladly return for another stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Happy to know that you are among our many satisfied guests. Thank you for appreciating our service, the comfort and artistry in your room and the hotel facilities. The ladies and gentlemen of The Henry would gladly look forward to having you back soon. Thank you very much.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I booked Henry because it is quirky and unique. I am always attracted by a different kind of experience. It seems everybody feels the same way because they were all there on a Saturday night. The check in was very straightforward exactly how they sounded like when I confirmed my reservation on the phone. It's not exactly the "welcoming" feel u get from most hotels. Of course they didn't seem to note down my initial request over the phone to get us a room on a higher floor away from the party noise. It didnt matter anymore I just wanted to get my room pronto so I can get some sleep. The drain in the shower clogged and again the design wasn't really about good lighting. Not much of a concern really but these are small things u notice when traveling. But the art, the design and architecture is fascinating. Its not BenCab, but its something the young and hip would appreciate. Nice location too. Good restaurants surround the area, u won't worry about walking out at night to grab a bite.

They have a small pool good enough for a quick dip. Make sure u lock ur doors. Elevators don't have a security access. My husband also asked for an extra security key and the front desk never asked for his identity or if he was a hotel guest. Overall it was a good experience. Something u might want to try once while in Cebu.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest,

Your review is paramount to us and we welcome the opportunity you presented to further improve our service. On behalf of my team, my sincerest apologies for whatever inconvenience you might have experienced. Nonetheless, thank you for recommending our quirky and unique hotel and we look forward to having you back soon. Thank you very much.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

It has been almost a month since I once again visited the queen city of the south: Cebu. I miss the hospitality of the Cebuanos, the clean air and Cebu's pride lechon. But before filling my stomach with Cebu's delicacies, the first thing that I had to do was to look for an accommodation. And when I say accommodation, it's not just a room where I can sleep and rest. I want something that is unique and will make me feel like I'm at home. Good thing there's The Henry Hotel.

The room that I got is specially designed for couples. A glass wall separates the bathroom. But there's a shower curtain for your privacy of course.

The bed is spacious enough for two. Linens are clean and changed daily. Pillows are so fluffy I'm gonna die (heard that line before hehehe). The floor is not carpeted so it really blended with its architectural design. Feels like in Europe.

There's TV, a DVD player and mini-refrigerator. Worried about your personal belongings? Don't worry, a security vault is also included where you can place your important documents such as plane tickets, passports etc.

The Henry Hotel has its own restaurant located on the ground floor. It has similar interior and design, which makes them stand out to other restaurants. Breakfast is included in your room rate and they offer different sets: Filipino, American and European.

The Henry Hotel's interior is really an eye-candy. Paintings hanging on the walls, classic car etc will really get your attention. It's like a museum within a hotel and a hotel within a museum.

The Henry Hotel is 10 minutes away from major establishments like Ayala Center, SM Cebu and IT Park. Airport transfers are available upon request.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here and if I will visit Cebu once again, I'll make sure that I'll stay in The Henry Hotel one more time.

Thank you The Henry Hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd floor i think is specifically designed for couples.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your eye candy experience at The Henry. We truly appreciate your positive review and look forward to your next visit. Thank you very much.

Mirro