“Perfect for Staycation”

Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Manila, Philippines
“Perfect for Staycation”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

If you will be visiting Cebu just for a daytour or business meeting. This hotel is perfect for you since the hotel is a tourist attraction in itself. The staffs are friendly, the location is 10 minutes away from Ayala IT Park and best of all, the hotel also offers good rates. visit my complete review here - http://outoftownblog.com/the-henry-hotel/

1 Thank Ermelo V
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for highlighting reasons why I would say our guests keep returning to The Henry and why would be first time guests should consider staying in our hotel when in Cebu. All the best.

Mirro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Excellent service. High value for money. Linens, towels and everything are clean. Spacious rooms. Malls, restaurants and supermarkets nearby, just walking distance. Each room has a unique design, learned how to appreciate art. Highly recommended. Will probably stay here every time I visit Cebu :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your appreciation of our hotel through your review. The entire team shall look forward to your future visits in The Henry.

Shenzhen, China
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights when visiting Cebu, i have stayed in many hotels there on previous trips and this is by far the best value for money.
Staff are friendly and helpful, food and drinks reasonably priced and facilities well maintained.
Location is not the best but anywhere you stay in Cebu you generally need taxis to get around. Taxis are also convenient and cheap.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HonestTed
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review. We are pleased to know that our hotel has topped your list in terms of value for money and that you were satisfied with our services, food and facilities. We look forward to having you once again as our guest in the near future. All the best.

manila philippines
Reviewed June 27, 2013

It's one of the few hotels which made me exclaim "My god this place!" on several occasions. Sorry, I didn't help it.

I know it's the onset of the rainy season and for somebody like me who dreads turbulence on a plane ride, flying to Cebu alone seemed like a bad idea.For some weird reason, I felt like Cebu (having been there several times) couldn't excite me anymore. I was wrong yet again.After this solo trip, I have seen Cebu with fresh eyes. My accommodation in Cebu City, The Henry Hotel in Banilad changed that mood.

To say that The HENRY HOTEL CEBU is like no other could actually be an understatement. It is on a league of its own.It's a visual feast,even to somebody like me who is not good with art.This place is a thing of beauty.I see it as a celebration of the beautiful things in life.

I was excited to go around and check the place.The lobby of course is an eye candy but it doesn't end there. I would like to mention by the way that the lobby reminds me so much of Lub d Bangkok, the backpackers hotel where we stayed last May. Same feel but The HENRY of course is the more high end version.Will link it here as soon as I got it reviewed.

Even the corridors and common areas are really spacious.This is a place where you feel your soul can breath.

An eye-candy during the day, the place transforms into a romantic space at night. The one(s) who designed the place also put into context the importance of light in highlighting key areas and therefore enhancing the appeal of the hotel. I also noticed that most of the lights used are EFL. Energy efficient, environmentally friendly.As friendly as this place is to the senses.

The Henry is one of the country’s first design-driven hotels.

I am not sure if "affordable" is how they want to market the place but you could experience this beauty at an affordable price indeed.Try Agoda.com and you will be surprised that you can get a BIG Room for as low as $46 on off-peak season.Talk about best value for your money!

The staff were nothing but friendly.For 3d/2n of stay,I have nothing but love for the care the staff has extended to me.Genuine Cebuano hospitality as I call it. Cebuanos are know to be "malambing" (sweet). The ones at the front desk helped me in going around and suggesting places to dine.I was new in the area of Banilad but I was confident of not being lost or anything because of the assistance I was given.

The Henry is a small hotel with only 5 floors.Despite that, they didn't compromise space just to put up as many rooms as possible.No corporate greed here. They are very generous at space that rooms are really BIG. There are four (4) room types ----Big,Large, XL and XL. I stayed in a Big room and I was surprised at how spacious it is.And just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I was wow-ed when I saw the other rooms.BIG spaces that are work of art.

The restaurant--RICA's-- is a darling.Situated at the ground floor next to the reception area, it is consistent with the artistic feel of the HENRY.This is where breakfast is served for in-house guest.The ala carte menu was rather simple with a few set meals in the list but they do know how to put new meaning to Continental or Filipino breakfast.

There is also a funky pub at the 2nd floor if you feel like partying or enjoying beer/cocktails.This is very popular to locals and expats and I noticed that the crowd is chick ---mostly young adults and urban professionals.A very good place to socialize with the locals of Cebu.

For a more intimate setup, go to the poolside at night where there is nothing but quiet intimate moments (unless there is an event coz the poolside is famous for social events as well.)

To say The HENRY HOTEL Cebu is "Like No Other" might indeed be an understatement. It is exceptional! It is to date, the best Hotel I tried in this price range.All hotels in the Philippines should strive to be this beautiful.It definitely sets the bar very high but we Filipinos deserve one of this caliber.I shall see you again The HENRY HOTEL!

Dear Guest,

Your review meant so much to us and thank you for putting every word thoughtfully. I am positive that this review shall give The Henry the upperhand in being hotel of choice of future visitors of Cebu within the global travel community. The whole team is driven not only to satisfy each and every guest but to offer them a stay experience.........like no other! Our pleasure to have served you.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I think the only thing that really needs to be said is that you would be crazy if you are in Cebu and did not choose to stay here. Everything about the Henry is amazing, staff, rooms, decor, service, etc. i think you get the point. Some may complain about the location, but personally I think the Banilad area of Cebu is much more enjoyable than the downtown area. Easily one of the nicest and most laid back boutique hotels I have stayed at, especially for the price.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank radio_off
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

The whole team wish to thank you for staying at The Henry. We are truly elated with your review and there is nothing else that interests us other than being of service to you again in the near future. Looking forward.

Auburn, California
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Henry Hotel for just one night in March 2013. The hotel itself is very clean, modern and impressive. The rooms are huge and beautifully arranged, just top rate. The restaurant was very nice as well, albeit a bit pricey!

This hotel seemed like an oasis in Cebu City! We were only in Cebu City for just one night, as we were en-route to another destination. Cebu City itself didnt really stand out as a place that I would be excited to return to, but if I did find myself in Cebu City, I would certainly look forward to staying at The Henry Hotel again. The Henry Hotel is such a nice place, in a fairly unremarkable city...it's almost strange?!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and nicest comments on the hotel. Given the opportunity, i hope to be able to assist you explore further Cebu's historical landmarks and must- see places which makes Cebu a top tourist destination. Looking forward.

Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I checked in today for stay one night. The hotel is very stylish, room is big and beautiful. Staffs are friendly and attentive.

It's a bit difficult to find because they don't have an obvious sign outside or on the building. I sent email to request a room face to the pool about two three weeks ago, received two emails of confirming acknowledgement from reservations and guest services. However today I have been assigned to a room face to the other side of the hotel. Only stay one night so I won't request a room change or complaint anything.

Room Tip: request for a room facing to pool, it would be noise if face the road. remind them about your prefer...