“First time in a Japanese restaurant”
Review of Wakamatsu Yakiniku

Wakamatsu Yakiniku
Ranked #495 of 775 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I'm not a fan of Japanese food at all, even until now. But we were so full after celebrating a friend's birthday party with a dinner at this restaurant. It looks Yakiniku means something but I don't know what it is.
It was a fun night and cooking your food in front of you was part of the fun. The waitresses were very attentive. One waitress did not have to list our order of drinks and she only got it once, and returned with the correct order. So bravo for her!
I liked the angus beef and the scallops, but I've seen better. I guess my friend ordered too much maki and sushi that it was really hard to finish them off.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had our 4th of July dinner in Wakamatsu Yakiniku the experience was fun because it was first time for some of my colleagues to eat at a Japanese Buffet and cooked their own dinner in front of them :P but not so fun with the food and bill :( ... it was dinner so we paid 570 per head + 60 for 1 glass of ice tea that's 150 pesos more from their lunch buffet 480 per head with drinks. We thought it was ok coz they might have lots of choices on dinner but it turns out not ok. There's NO scallop available (out of stock), I forgot the name of the dish but the food server says they don't have them anymore... so basically the choices of food on dinner buffet I think is not worth 150 pesos more.

I just like their mix seafood salpicao.

1  Thank ccveloso
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Of all the yakiniku restos in the city, this was one of the originals. It still is best value for money but they have limited space. My only complaint is that they allow smoking inside & with smoke from the griils & patrons combining in a small space, it can be cough/asthma inducing.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

If your looking for bbq, wakatmasu is the best place to be. Although you need to have a reservation a day before much better, otherwise you need to queue in a long line or not be seated at all. Good choice of meats and sea foods. Will always visit this place.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This restaurant offers eat all you can, aside from grilling, they have Japanese and Korean foods, and they all taste great! And you can talk with friends or family while cooking. Plenty of meats to choose from and seafoods too. Don't miss this while in Cebu City.