“Good to visit”

and up
3-Hour Small Group Cebu City Tour with Hotel Pickup
Ranked #1 of 121 things to do in Cebu City
More attraction details
Owner description: This famous church dates back to the early Spanish colonial era.
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Good to see in Cebu city. Too many devotees though. I would love to come back again soon. The size is average. But this is a must see

Write a ReviewReviews (1,754)

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I like the Hisotirical old style building of the church, which is indeed a historical land mark in Cebu City. It is alwlays lined up with people who visit to worship the child Jesus. It is the bastion of Filipino religiosity. What I dislike as of now is the ongoing repair fo the bellfray that was destroyed by the previous earthwake otherwise the church is truly a place of sanctity.

1  Thank Red H
Reviewed August 14, 2014

You feel peace and bless. you can see different images of the Spaniards brought Christianity to the Philippines.

1  Thank Jose W
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The housing for Magellan's cross was damaged by the recent earthquake in 2013 and the structure is surrounded by scaffolding.
The inside of the church was also damaged a bit. There is still a lot of areas to walk through however and enjoy the beauty of the structure.
A lot of extravagant pictures and adornments throughout. Many statues of Christ and Catholic saints. People come up to these and touch the statues while praying. No need to feel uncomfortable. Even though you are in a functioning church; they do not oppose the taking of photos.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

I've been wanting to visit Cebu because back when I was a pupil in my earlier days, Magellan's cross was a popular page in one of my history books. I was quite disappointed when I went here because my expectations were not meant. My imagination of this shrine was grand and spectacular. It actually looks elusively big in the photos but in reality it is not. Generally, I like how history bestowed its greatness in this shrine. I hope it will be maintained by the government to preserve its beauty and historical value. There is no entrance fee for this shrine and what's more amazing is that the Sto. Niño Basilica is just few steps away.