“very good place” 4 of 5 bubbles

and up
Mactan-Cebu Twin City tour with Round-Trip Transport
Ranked #6 of 110 things to do in Cebu City
More attraction details
Owner description: This fort was built in the early 1700s to protect against Muslim raids.
General Santos City, General Santos, Philippines
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“very good place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

these is the first place we visited when we went to cebu last oct 2012. because it is just a walking distance from our hotel which is sampaguita suites plaza garcia. the place is not that wide so you can easily walk all over the place. it is also neat and tidy. we love the old brick walls and the canon. the place is very good in picture taking also.

Visited October 2012

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Rustic Charm”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I went here on my own last Friday to catch some good shots of the place. Overall, the place is nice and well-kept. The only thing that made me frown during my trip is that a children's birthday party was held at the courtyard. Who celebrates his 1st birthday in a old garisson anyway?! I hope the Cebu government will stop allowing people to hold events here.

By the way, entrance fee here is now PHP30.00.

1 Thank LordAllen H
Cebu City, Philippines
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Worth a trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been twice - once on my own and the second time I took friends - it is a must stop if you are passing through Cebu and enjoy history

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Kim M
Iloilo City, Philippines
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 209 helpful votes
“Reminds of Luneta days”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Reminds me of the Luneta days when I was a child. Its like a smaller version of Intramuros and Fort Santiago.
They have canyons still intact from the war days. A small manicured park inside it too. There is a museum which features mostly news and old drawings/posters of the place.
For a small fee of P30-50 you its worth a visit.

I suggest that you visit this after the Sto. Nino and Magellans Cross, it is just a walking distance believe me. A block away from Magellans Cross you can see the Plaza Independencia, where its already visible from street.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Marigoldp
Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Wish I would have asked more questions about the history and events that took place here but I hurried through this and went to the next one, the jail and cannons is what i liked most of all.

Visited September 2012