“Worth every cent.”

New Era Pension Inn Cebu
Ranked #47 of 82 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have stayed in several budget bed and breakfast/hotels. This particular pension inn was outstanding. The staff were friendly and no one can beat the location. 5min to both Ayala and SM. The drawbacks were that, just under the headboard of my bed was a lot of dust. It appeared that this has not been cleaned in a while. Another drawback was that there was no actual TV remote, only a remote for the cable. So when you've turned off all the lights and want to turn off the TV at 3am, finding the off switch for the TV is really hard! These are only minor things, but you get what you pay for! Free breakfast and wifi are included which is great! (I would report on the breakfast, but knowing my sensitive stomach, I had to pass). In summary, well done New Era Pension Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank JARED C

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was able to stay there when I applied for a telecom firm. This hotel served as our official residence in Cebu for around five days. I ordered for an extra bed since our room is only good for two people and the room's too small for it. But anyways the staff were so nice. Love it. With their affordable price, I should consider New Era for my future stays in Cebu. BTW, hot shower is nice.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Superb service and really nice staff. Very considerate as well. Also rooms are clean, No brownouts!. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good place to stay here in Cebu City. -sandro caipang jr

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Pros:
Cheap(628php), near to Ayala mall, jeepney nearby, helpful staff, good water pressure, bakery and food stall available nearby.

Cons
A bit secluded, small room, bed is too soft for me, toilet roll position is not gd

Will I return: Maybe.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Wenzhan
Reviewed February 18, 2013

For the rate I pay here, (about $15 AUZ) its perfect.
I have air con, a comfy single mattress and just enough space to dump my gear. The toilet roll holder is pretty much in the shower and not protected by a curtain, so its just common sense to put toilet roll on the sink. The wifi here is included and fast enough for youtube. On the top floor is a massure place, and having just spent 2 weeks in bali getting a massage almost every day. The one I had here was the best yet. All the staff from the cleaners to the receptionists are all very helpful and will do what they can to ensure you have the happiest stay.
I have been here 2 weeks and have 4 to go. I think I will stay here the whole time. There is not really any place to relax pool side, if you want that sort of holiday you will need to book into that style hotel, which will be much more expensive.
I am in this location because I do eskrima training around the corner. Unsure if there is much else to do around here tho.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Jason C
Reviewed October 19, 2012

our first time here in cebu but we already found a home. neat place, good ambience, accesible, and secure. plus the very kind hearted staff. as students we dont have fat wallets,the staff were very understanding, they gave us discounts and free meals. we are very thankful to them. when we get home we would definitely refer this place to every ilonggos we know who wants to go here in cebu. this place made us enjoy more of cebu. DAGHANG SALAMAT NEW ERA! and btw, im using their wifi rightnow,its very strong.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank yocitoyki
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel delivered one of the most horrible stays in my whole touring life. We were received from the front desk with:" If you loose the Roomcard, you pay 50P, if you make stain on bed linen you have to pay a penalty". This is the first time i heard ever from a Reception desk in my whole 20 years of touring life and staying in hotels.
In the couples Room, it was just space for a queen bed, no cabinets, no space to put our Baggage. Very small room, it looks in the pics at hotel site and tripadvisor big, but in reality that is'nt.
Bathroom is so small that it's difficult even for a slim person to turn around. No Shower curtains. So everytime we showered, whole bathroom went under water, even the toilet paper rolls got dripping wet, Towels and whole of our toileteries too. To add more adventure the water geyser is situated beside the Tap from the basin, and during showering there was a short circuit and fire caught up in the Bathroom.
One good point is the room boys are very nice and friendly, but thats only it.
Breakfast is outsourced to a street side kitchen situated 50m from hotel. Breakfast traditional phillipino, rice with egg and pork or corned beef. Always the same with one free drink, instant coffee or water, nothing more. BORING.....
May be this hotel suits backpacker but definitely not for couple.
We say "never again to this hotel", it doesn't deserve the name hotel, in Europe we say it doesn't even fulfill the motel standards.

Room Tip: We won't suggest this hotel to anyone.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kiddidad B
newerainn_cebu, General Manager at New Era Pension Inn Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Sir we never claimed to be a hotel. we are a budget bed and breakfast place. Thus we are a Pension Inn. Even if we are less than a year old, we are likewise doing our best to learn to make our guests happy. Since our room rates our cheap, we loose money if you don't return key cards or if you stain our linens. Ultimately our good occupancy rate is the best judge. thank you for staying with us and we apologize for falling short from your standard.
We hope your budget permits you to better comfortable accommodation in the future.