“Great experience”

Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed August 22, 2014

My appreciation to Ambassador lounge staff headed by Mr. Mark Ursal together with Messrs Mikel, Weldan Ms Beth and the new addition to their group Ms. Joy. No offense meant but I think they are far better than the one's at the front desk maybe due to their fast turnover.
People from the concierge are also the best.
I would definitely recommend Waterfront when in Cebu. Great experience!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WaterfrontCebu, General Manager at Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Ricky M
Mandaluyong

Warm greetings from Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino!

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, I wish to thank you for commending our staff at the Ambassador Lounge especially Mr. Mark Ursal, Messrs Mikel, Weldan, Beth and Joy.

We truly thank you for recognizing and sharing your positive feedback because these help us affirm our commitment to deliver quality service and to continuously exceed guests’ expectations.

Thank you for staying with us! Have a great day!

PHILIPPE F. FRUGÈRE

Write a ReviewReviews (2,565)

Reviewed August 22, 2014

hotel lobby is nice. rooms are average but the breakfast is worst. its sunday filipino breakfast but they were serving noodles (pancit canton), burger patties? no dried fish? tocino nor tapa? been to many hotels from 3 stars to 5 stars but this is one of the worst. the presentation is untidy.

jeanettyu
Davao City, Philippines

Warm greetings from Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino!

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, I wish to express my deepest gratitude for your positive feedback regarding our hotel lobby.

On the other hand, I also wish to apologize for disappointing you with our Lazy Sunday buffet at UNO. We already have informed the Food and Beverage Department regarding your concerns on the presentation and the selection of food being served at UNO.

I sincerely hope that these will not deter you from coming back and allowing us to serve you in the near future.

Thank you for staying with us! Have a great day!

Reviewed August 22, 2014

It is by now an icon. Management can do better and needs to make sure it lives up to its "iconic" title and make this title stamped on its name.

The rooms are average, they meet yo[ur needs well enough. The location is great, tucked in a cul-de-sac away from traffic and noise. It is a stone throw away from food place but landmarks are a taxi cab away. The beach? You'll be far from it. All in all, a good place to stay in Cebu.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

ohwellokay1977
London, United Kingdom

Warm greetings from Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino!

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, I wish to thank you for commending our great location. I am also glad to know that the hotel was able to meet your needs well enough.

Your positive feedback helps affirm our commitment to deliver quality service and to continuously surpass guests’ expectations.

We hope to serve you once again in the near future!

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Service was exceptionally good, courteous staff, clean rooms, check-in was very smooth (thanks to Mr. Bienvinido Garrido). Always make it a point to stay at the Waterfront Lahug whenever my family and I visit Cebu from the States.

Edwin G
Corona

Warm greetings from Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino!

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, I wish to express my deepest gratitude for commending our exceptional good service, courteous staff, clean guest rooms and our smooth check-in services.

Valued guests like you, who recognize and share positive feedback, help affirm our commitment to deliver quality service and to continuously exceed guests’ expectations.

We’d love to see you once again here at Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino!

Thank you for staying with us and may you have a great day ahead.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We went to this hotel to eat lunch at a chinese restaurant in the lobby named, Tin Gow. It is in the right side of the hotel lobby where the other restaurants are located. We came here to eat & hang out with relatives I haven't seen in a long time.
Now I decided to go to the bathroom with my sister. When we got to the bathroom door, there was a staff lady, right behind the bathroom door who wouldn't let us in. And so I asked her why we couldn't use the bathroom when this is a hotel, the bathrooms should be open. Then she asked the other lady who was also inside the bathroom, what to do. And the other staff lady said cuz this bathroom was only for restaurant patrons use. And I told her that we were eating at Tin Gow, so they let us in.
When I got out of the bathroom, my husband & son was waiting for me right outside the door cuz they wanted to use the Ladies bathroom cuz the Men's bathroom was locked. So I asked the staff lady again why the men's bathroom was locked & she got out of the women's bathroom to unlock the men's bathroom so my husband & son could use it.
As I was heading back to the restaurant, my brother & his son was also heading to the men's bathroom.
Then my husband got back to our table at the restaurant, then my brother & his son got back, and started talking about how the staff lady immediately locked the men's bathroom after they left. And I said....WAIT A MINUTE.....MY SON IS STILL IN THERE. So my husband & I bolted out of the restaurant and headed to the bathroom. And as I was walking towards the bathroom I was yelling at the 2 staff ladies to UNLOCK THE BATHROOM DOOR cuz my son was still inside. My husband & I watched her unlock it, when the door opened, it was dark, and my son was standing there by the door. As a mother, it was a horrible feeling, even though my son is a teenager, he was knocking & calling out & nobody could hear him.
So, my husband & I went to the lobby & talked to a Manager named Eric & reported the incident.
And I asked Eric, is it hotel policy to lock the bathroom doors, and he said no. And I told him, even if they were to close the bathroom for cleaning purposes, the staff should check all the stalls & call out if there were still people inside.
And I gave Eric my email & phone number & told him that I do hope I will hear from him...soon.
That was really unacceptable & really traumatic for both my husband & me.
I do hope the hotel will address this issue.

1  Thank Achin G
WaterfrontCebu, General Manager at Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

August 22, 2014

Mary G
Seattle, Washington

Dear Mrs. Garcia:

Warm greetings from Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino!

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, I wish to express my sincerest apologies regarding the most unfortunate incident that happened last August 19, 2014 in one of our comfort rooms at the Gourmet Walk. We have investigated the said incident and have done corrective and appropriate actions to the staff concerned. We have also changed our procedure of keeping the comfort rooms in the Gourmet Walk open instead of closing it at 2:30 in the afternoon which coincides with the closure of our restaurants as previously done.

Rest assured that we will do everything to prevent this incident from happening again.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies for falling short of your expectations. We assure you that appropriate action has been taken to improve our system and the quality of our service.

We hope this merits your kind understanding.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Waterfront Hotel in Cebu is very convenient for travelers with early flight or late flight. It's located just 5 minutes walk from the arrival terminal. Friendly staff, nice clean rooms and quiet. You don't even hear the planes take off or landing.
When I left the hotel, the staff saw I had many luggage ; they decided to drive me to the departure terminal for free. I didn't want to but they said it would be more easy for me. Very nice of them because I had 40 kilos to carry (diving equipment).
I didn't try the breakfast cause I left around 5 AM.
I would definitely choose this hotel again if I have to stop in Cebu.
On the way back, I had to stop for few hours in Cebu to catch another flight. I've been to the Casino inside the hotel. Funny to try !

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

glossodoris94
Paris, France

Warm greetings from Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino!

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, I wish to thank you for commending the convenient location; friendly staff; nice, clean and quiet rooms of Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino – Mactan.

We truly look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I wanted to book this hotel through Agoda, but then I found out that the corporate rate included daily buffet breakfast,for the same price, so I booked that. And then when we checked in, I saw a flyer in our room advertising a promotional rate that included a free buffet lunch or dinner, in addition to the daily breakfast. The front desk refused to match that offer; they said we should have booked directly with them. Sheesh!
Checki-in was speedy, and from reading past reviews, I remembered to ask for a newly renovated room with a view. Good sleep quality; standard room amenities. I was glad I brought my own toiletries. The pool and gym were quite nice. I never felt the need to even enter the casino. There's a Victoria's Secret store in the lobby with prices that are CHEAPER than the Manila and domestic airport outlets. Buffet breakfast at Uno cafe was extensive and satisfying. The hotel is centrally located. There is a drugstore and convenience store across the street. There is also a small lechon place in the street market nearby that serves lechon belly that's probably yummier than what you can get at Zubuchon or CNT. Even the hotel staff eat there. We ordered 7kilos to take home on our last day in Cebu, and they boxed it nicely for us.
There are lots of taxis coming to the hotel, and you won't wait long for one, but be careful about their rates. We wanted to go to Anzani restaurant for dinner, and this taxi driver was charging P200 flat rate. We refused, and the taxi we eventually chose used their meter, and we ended up paying P71.
Checkout was a bit of a hassle, since it is a big and busy hotel. So I suggest you check out either early or late. The concierge couldn't find our stowed luggage at first, but they did find it about an hour later. Traffic was bad going to the airport; be aware of the time.
I would stay at this place again, but I would certainly double and triple-check their rates.

1  Thank Jinky L
WaterfrontCebu, General Manager at Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

August 20, 2014

Jinky L
Manila

Warm greetings from Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino!

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, I wish to thank you for commending our speedy Check-in services, good sleep quality, pool, gym and the buffet breakfast at UNO.

On the other hand, I also would like to apologize for the confusion that our promotion details/specifications have brought you, the delay of your Check-out as well as the delay of retrieving your stored luggage.

In line with these, we already have informed all concerned departments to avoid these incidents from happening again and to assure you that these incidents do not reflect the true standards that we continuously strive for.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cebu City
Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Harolds Hotel
Harolds Hotel
#3 of 92 in Cebu City

Been to Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!