“nice hotel , nice location ,a bit expensive”

Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
Ranked #12 of 90 Hotels in Cebu City
Berlin
“nice hotel , nice location ,a bit expensive”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

i stayed at this hotel for 5 days . great breakfast buffets, , great facilities , swimming pool avarage, casino is a negative point for the hotel because there are a lot of gambler who have access into the hotel . it is very easy for a thief to come inside and look for belongings of guests who are busy with checking out or checking in. my beltbag was stolen and the hotel staff found the thief but told me they wouldn't be able to find him. they told me that i have forget my beltbag...
there are a lot of cheaper hotels in the city ,,,,, this hotel isn't a " must to stay at"

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Pittsburg, California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Old hotel and needs an update... Stayed here last Feb 2011, used my United miles. It was ok but definitely won't stay here again. My wife and I were still dating when we stayed here and it was a surprise that Fra Lippo Lippi (band) was having a concert here so we ended up seeing it as well. Not really part of my review but that gave it a plus. Food selection was very good though, I enjoyed the food but not my room. Free breakfast was a plus other than that, its a 3/5. Nothing extravagant. Stay somewhere else in my opinion. Oh, and the pool kinda sucks.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
LaraNaomi, Public Relations Manager at Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Marckypolo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We would also like to extend our gratitude for your compliments on our food selection. Our chefs do their utmost to deliver quality dishes and your positive comments will be much appreciated.

We value the opinions of our guests and regret that we did not meet your expectations. We do hope you allow us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and was disappointed. This hotel gives visitors that "wow" factor because of the facade, but actually staying there is not so great. First, the bathrooms are worn-out. It's hard to "mix" hot and cold. The beds are worn out as well, with some of the sheets having very visible ink stains or what-not. And who still uses crt tvs? These are all fine compare to not having electricity for 4 hours in the middle of the night. Yep, there was a blackout. I stayed at the Sofitel in Manila during some heavy rains and power outage, but they still have electricity because of their generators - I wonder why Waterfront doesn't have generators? Breakfast was great though. But do not order carbonara at the Lobby Lounge. Very bland. Over all, I prefer to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear badbadz,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your unfortunate experience during your stay with us.

We are particularly concerned about your observation of the 4-hour blackout. We do have high-powered generators and they switch on automatically during power interruptions and/or outages. The considerable absence of power was a necessary measure for the annual maintenance of our electrical substation. Guest letters were provided in all rooms and signages were also posted around the hotel and guest floors two days prior to the scheduled regulation.

We appreciate your comments on our rooms and food. We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our guests and your feedback will help us improve our services and facilities. We do hope you grant us another opportunity to serve you better.
Makati City
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 3 days during my business trip last year. Before I made a reservation, there are a couple of things that I was considering: close to our office in Cebu, should have a wi-fi in the room to keep me updated in everything, and the price should be reasonable (the free breakfast is a plus). And most of all, this hotel is accessible to almost everything so is very convenient.

Overall the facade and infrastructure itself is eye-pleasing, foods they served were good as well, and the staffs who assisted me were just fine. They clean the room/change the toiletries & bedding only when necessary (I guess). The hotel itself needs a bit restructuring though, especially the toilet. The airport service was superb, felt like I was a VIP! :)

Overall it was a good stay and definitely my first choice in the downtown.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank grittygrazh
Iloilo City, Philippines
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Visited the hotel for a conference last week. Good thing it was an overnight visit that was sponsored by the company. Not worth the going rates.

Granted this is an old hotel. With all the new hotels popping up, this hotel needs fixing and with the area that it has, what a waste of opportunity.

We were assigned a smoking floor, without asking us if we were smokers or non-smokers. You could smell the smoke as you step out of the 9th floor elevator. Old carpeting, wall paper. Tv was enclosed in what looked like a bamboo cage. Was someone actually going to steal such a big, out dated tv? I don't think so.

The design was like a flashback from the 80s! The bathroom was tiny! The toilet was actually behind the door when you enter the bathroom so make sure the door is locked if you use it. The shower as designed poorly that when you do take a bath the water spills out. Ammenities were very minimal : water, 2 soups, 2 toothbrushes, 1 shampoo and 1 lotion. The lights were not working and the keys didn't work. We had to go back down to have it reprogrammed.

During the event, the set up was so bland. The food was dry and even more bland. Smoke was coming out of the chafing dishes that our eyes stung while we were getting our food. The appetizers were better than the meal itself.

Our other companions who were assigned rooms on the 11th floor did say their rooms were better.

The breakfast was better and had a wide variety to choose from. So that was an okay in my book.

I do hope they make more changes and renovations.

Room Tip: If you are indeed a non-smoker, make sure you specifically ask for it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We visited Cebu in time for the Sinulog's closing. We stayed at the Waterfront because my mom is also holding a seminar there.
I like the hotel interiors: the ceiling, hotel displays, and lounges. The rooms are nothing out of the ordinary though. The bathrooms are neat but you can tell that they're old. I love the view of the hotel's castle-like structure from outside our room window. I can see the rest of the city from there. What a great view. The swimming pool is clean and properly maintained but not big enough for a 5 star hotel.
All in all, my first time experience is great. Thank you Waterfront for the wonderful service.

• Stayed January 2013
Philippines
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed at the Waterfront hotel in Lahug for a total of 5 days March 2013 with my husband and parents plus a few other friends. Husband and I are on the Cohen lifestyle program which is a strict weight loss program where everything has to be weighed accurately. We were worried about following our diet while on the trip but the hotel allowed us to bring our pre-cooked frozen food, store it in their fridge, and heat our meals at no extra charge. All we had to do was call room service and ask them to heat and deliver our food to the room. It seems that everyone who answered the phone was aware of our arrangement and we didn't need to explain each time. They were very accommodating in this regard. I don't know if this was because we were staying in suite rooms or if they are equally accommodating to all guests. Whatever the reason, this part of their service was excellent! Kudos Waterfront! Writing a glowing review is the least I can do to thank you for accommodating our food requirements! We are so happy =)

We had one dinner at le Gondola (Italian resto on lobby level) and asked our server to have our steak weighed and trimmed, gave specifications on how we needed it cooked, and asked for their mixed salad but asked them to separate the greens from the croutons, egg, dressing etc. Indeed, they followed our instructions to the letter and still managed to make the food presentable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mandarin Plaza Hotel
Mandarin Plaza Hotel
#13 of 90 in Cebu City
Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan

Been to Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!