“Make sure to get the credit card guarantee slip they requested upon check in”

Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
Ranked #11 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed in this hotel during a convention. Upon check in, they swiped my credit card for guarantee and requested me to sign it, of which i did.

Anyway, after staying 2 nights, we checked out and my credit card was swiped again for the full amount due and i signed for our bill. Our group had clearance to leave for all the rooms we stayed in.

Unfortunately, I forgot to get the credit card guarantee slip which they swiped and let me sign upon checking in.

After about 3 weeks, my credit card bill arrived and i saw that the Hotel charged another amount which i wasn't aware of. I wrote them an email that i am questioning the 2nd amount they charged, but they haven't responded.

I requested the convention organizer to coordinate with the hotel regarding the overcharge, wherein i learned later that they used the credit card guarantee slip, as they thought one of the rooms was used for another day. Of which was also erroneous, as our group went home all together.

THUS, FOR THOSE BEING ASKED FOR A CREDIT CARD GUARANTEE UPON CHECK IN, in this hotel, PLEASE ASK for the slip you signed upon check in as you might be over charged like what happened to our group.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank europersl
There are newer reviews for Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I still cannot forget the amazing buffet breakfast at UNO. Will certainly stay there again, so I can eat at UNO.

The lobby and the hallways are beautiful, and the reception was helpful. We enjoyed taking pictures along the hall way to the casino (amazing decors!)

Rooms were good, and the bathroom was nice (not that huge though) The furniture (TV stand + mini bar) were quite dated and had some defects, but not a problem if you do not plan to stay in your room the whole day.

The location is very convenient: one jeepney ride to both SM and Ayala. The IT park is right across the street. You can also take a cab from the hotel to Ayala which will not cost that much.

The lobby bar is slightly overpriced so if you are on a budget, try getting drinks at IT park instead.

Room Tip: booking through phone will give you better value than online or walking in.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Its been a while since my last visit to this hotel, unfortunately it is showing signs of aging. The rooms maintained the same look and feel but the rest of the hotel need some work. Especially the restrooms in the lobby area, I've seen better (and cleaner) in malls and gas stations.

While the breakfast buffet was great, meal service throughout the rest of the day were a bit lacking. There was this time they served a soup that tasted like really spicy tinola but it was labeled as "chicken and lemon grass". One time I ate a lemon tart, they should have emphasized on the tart because sourness was so strong it was all I could taste for the rest of the night.

Another area of improvement would be the TV sets, my room had an old CRT while my colleague's room had a brand new LED, whats up with that?

Wifi connectivity was good, especially in the rooms. One other advantage this hotel has is its proximity to commercial areas like the Cebu IT park, SM and Ayala center.

The most endearing quality this place has are its people, while they had the usual pleasant and friendly demeanor, my perception was marred by the facilities and other little things here and there.

Room Tip: The difference between a regular and deluxe room is only a few feet of extra space. They even tried...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dok418
Reviewed September 15, 2012

A great place to stay...spacious...courteous staff...nice shops and restaurants...nice view. The only problem is the lighting in the bathroom...the lighting is such that your face is in a shadow....it is difficult to see your face closely while shaving or putting on makeup.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Hotel is huge. Lacks security features. Anyone can go to your room floor without the need of access card to the lifts. Hotel management should take a serious view about this.We had someone open my door while we was in the bed they did knock just open the door. Told the staff about it and the acted if they didn't care said they will let security know.the hotel is in a good location and there was a taxi rank outside which made moving around the city very easy - it's such an iconic building we had no problem telling the taxi drivers where we wanted to return to. The lobby is lovely and the rooms, though not as nice as you might expect from the lobby, are large and have king sized beds. We were placed on a non-smoking floor. we visited the casino and weren't too impressed but the breakfast the next morning was excellent.My main issue is the slow internet connection. If your an active gym person and need more than just the average "hotel" fitness center, staying here provides that access. Good selection of free weights and machines.

Room Tip: Free shuttle bus to 2 major shopping malls
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank msfinest
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Been here twice for consecutive months and I love staying here! It feels like home when I'm going here. The room is nice and comfy and service was excellent. Their buffet breakfast is great and has a wide selection of food. They have the BEST hot chocolate I have ever tasted in all of the hotels I've been in. This hotel also has Duty Free Shop inside. We ordered a pizza for room service and on our last slice of pizza, there's an insect walking. We called the attention of the room service staff and the issue was addressed properly and they apologized. They sent a complimentary fruit platter to our room as an apology. The only thing that I dislike about this hotel is that when you go sit in their lobby you would see these foreign guys with "girls" which is kinda eerie.

On our second stay, we asked for a pick-up service, wherein we would ask the hotel staff to pick-up something for us in an establishment and they were indeed great and fast. They were able to get my orders quickly. Great service.

For the transportation, you wouldn't have a hard time looking for taxi cabs because there are cabs waiting outside to pick up passengers. 5 min to Ayala Center but SM Cebu is quite far.

I would definitely go back here in my future stays in Cebu.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2012

As you walk in to the lobby of the Waterfront, it makes an immediate and very positive impression. It is a beautiful and tastefully decorated space. This grand entrance makes the rooms something of a let down. The rooms are perfectly fine, but they are closer to a three-star hotel: no bathtub, small number of towels, small tv, etc. This is not a complaint - the rooms are clean and efficient - they just seem a bit out of synch with the lobby. The breakfast buffet is large, but the quality of the food is just average - again nothing wrong, but nothing special either. The WiFi is very fast in the rooms, but they seem to limit it in the lobby.

Overall, I would stay at the Waterfront again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business