“Best Buffet in Cebu”

Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Arrived at lunch time, tried the buffet and it was DIVINE. So many lovely things to try and there must have been about 25 types of cakes/desserts.
Service at the front desk is very slow. Took forever to check in. They are very friendly though. Also took four times of asking to get a baby cot set up in our room. Like previous posts have mentioned, this hotel is aimed at business travellers and couples. Not very family friendly. Rooms arent very sound proof, you can hear whats going on in the room next door. Rooms aren't flash but they're not bad either.
AWESOME gym, lovely pool and great casino. We will be back, even if its just for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank sarah1606

Reviewed September 5, 2011

I had the unfortunate circumstance to be booked into this nightmare of a property for two nights on my first visit to Cebu. The price per night was ridiculous and at the time of my booking they only had a twin bed room available. I can tell you as an adult woman who is 6'1" tall, I experienced my greatest nightmare spending time in a twin bed which I have not had a reason to do since I was 17 and that is a while ago.

On top of the twin beds, the room looked as though it were decorated last in the 70's with rattan furniture. Rattan? I would rather refer to it as "ratty". The room was dingy and dirty and smelled faintly of cigarette smoke which for one who doesn't smoke is neither pleasant nor enjoyable in any way.

To add insult to injury, the air conditioning in the room was not working. A call to the front desk for maintenance assistance yielded no response. They were solidly booked for a convention and I was "lucky" to have this room they replied.

A hot, dirty, smelly hotel room is not my idea of a worthwhile evening spent. To top it all off, the loud casino drove me insane. If I want a casino, I will choose Las Vegas - thank you very much!

Overall, one of the biggest nightmare experiences of my travel history. If you go, you'd better not be interested in clean and or any semblance of nice.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank courtneyb
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Pretty good rooms, nice food, decent ambience but poor service. Our first night was a nightmare due to not getting beds that we'd booked, after many promises I had to go and track down a cot myself. This place is geared towards business travellers

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank simples
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Waterfront. The location is quite good right next to the Asiatown IT area, where there are lots of great food, drink, and entertainment options. The Ayala Mall is also just a 10 minute walk the other direction (although that's not such a pleasant stroll). They were doing renovations all over the hotel during our stay, and the first room we were put in was right next to a room being painted. When the paint fumes started giving us headaches, we requested a new room and were promptly moved to another one far from paint fumes.
The room was very comfortable and the hotel had all the features & amenities one would expect of a hotel of this caliber. They have a great pool area, a beautiful garden, and a huge fitness room. The breakfast buffet at the UNO cafe was also excellent.
There was only one small thing that did slightly lower my opinion of the hotel. When we requested a bottle opener, the staff member that showed up with one insisted upon opening our bottles himself and refused to leave the opener with us for the duration of our stay. Since we didn't want to constantly be calling for bottle opening service every time we wanted a bottle opened, we had to go out and buy our own bottle opener. Did they not trust us to leave the opener or return it when we checked out? Did the hotel have a bottle opener shortage? Or maybe they simply wanted to encourage us to drink their canned mini-bar drinks that did not require an opener. Regardless of their reasons, I thought it quite odd. Whenever I've requested a bottle opener at other hotels, one has simply been loaned to me for the duration of my stay. Not the case with the Waterfront. Since we were able to find a bottle opener to buy without too much trouble, it was just a tiny inconvenience, and that really was my only complaint about my stay at the Waterfront though. The Waterfront was, by far, the most comfortable hotel I've stayed at in the Philippines.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The good
- theres a casino (however, when i went there, all the slot machines were being repaired)
- 24 hour gym (nice to know there is beautiful looking gym there, however I was not able to use it because it was being renovated)
- complimentary buffet breakfast (food is pretty much the same everyday though)
- beautiful outdoor swimming pool (goes 8 foot deep)
- fast elevators
- friendly employees
- free shuttle service to Ayala and SM malls

The bad
- Room could be better. TV needs some updating.
- furnitures look old
- only two complimentary breakfast per room
- complimentary wifi is very slow

The ugly
- I got sick during my vacation stay here. I asked the front desk if they can give me some medicine, but they charged me for it.
- I was hoping to print some documents in there business centre, but they charged me a ridiculous price for it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank rohtaj
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Stayed here for three days and it was heaven. What i like most about this hotel is their bed. The softest Ive ever slept in. Sleeping is not a problem. We were situated at the 17th floor so the view of the city is very nice. :) Our accomodation includes a buffet breakfast which is awesome too. :) A place to stay definitely.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

my experience at waterfront hotel cebu city was not very good compared with waterfront casino in mactan , i tried cebu city waterfront for a change ,but big mistake , firstly the traffic ,,all day and night never stops , even though waterfront in mactan is a little further away ,it so much easier to get around , the first thing you will notice going into waterfront cebu city is the security and porters ,no one wants to help you with luggage ,they stand around and just stare ,no smiles ,greeting just stares, the service is poor compared to mactan waterfront ,as well as the buffet breakfast, cold , tasteless, i really expected more from such a big hotel , not to mention the water leaking from the ceiling ,from the airco ,i mean gallons , i would not return to this hotel , i highly recommend waterfront in mactan ,different level of hospitality

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple