“Valued for the rate”

Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
Ranked #11 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I would say the location althrough is quite isolated but it was not too far off by taxi. Trip to SM mall & Ayala cost less than a 100peso, airport & lapu lapu area less than 400peso. Even if the malls are 5min walking distance, i would have take a taxi anyway as street light are lacking on the road.

My deluxe room was quite spacious except the bathroom althrough come with bathtub have pitiful space. The bed are comfortable, aircon are cold, mini safebox & also toiletries provided, tv channel come with more english channels & totally lack of chinese station. Rooms are outdated but keep clean. Rooms at times have some ants problem. Very nice night view on 17th floor, lift are fast.

Breakfast are good althrough not fantastic comparing to an international 5stars hotel standard. They have the usual egg station, juices, fruits. local noodle, cereal & all basic american breakfast.The drinks & food in the lobby are abit expensive & bland by local standard but the singer in the evening had beautiful voice.

Swimming pool are beatutiful but the water looks dirty, passby the gym & the machines seems adequte. Casino consist of 3 storey & are relaxing for the game, friendly coupiers & punters.

As its was leaisure trip for me, i was very disapported that the hotel did not run a spa/massage. If u need one, the hotel will arrange a massuer to your room. I didnt try that, god knows who might turn up. However, there are a few spa less than 5mins ride.

Friendly staff all round... security/guard, front counter, business center, chambermaids, breakfast,casino. 5stars. Great asset to the hotel!!

Generally, u will feel safe in cebu as compared to manila. I dont see many beggars unlike manila. The taxi goes by the meter. Traffic are abit choas, i dont recommand car renting. There are only few tourists around but i dont sense any danger roaming in/near the malls. SM mall cater more to the local retail & Ayala have more of the mid international brand & eataries.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SingaporeTravelnut
There are newer reviews for Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

Reviewed March 20, 2011

1. Location: A bit away from the main tourist attractions of Cebu: the historical sights, the main mall (SM Megamall) and the beaches on Mactan Island. However, the hotel does provide a comfortable transfer to the mall. The distance also means that the hotel is located is a relatively more serene part of the city.

2. Staff: Whether in the restaurants, hotel lobby, casino, front desk, etc., they were all very courteous and helpful. Highly commended.

3. Rooms: Comfortable size, veering towards large. Bathrooms have bathtubs. TV channels a tad limited, though.

4. Facilities: Nice pool and good gym facilities. Many restaurants offering a variety of food. Free wi-fi throughout hotel. Hotel comes with attached casino, if that so interests you.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Asperger_Singapore
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I travelled with my girl from the province. I had reserved the room for two of us>
and checked in. She had lost her identification about a week prior
which was no problem when we checked in .
but we were out late one night and came back to the hotel after 11 pm and they totally
refused to let her in.
one of the security guy was threatening and hostile and treated her like a prostitiute
i had to take her to another hotel so we could have the night together.
there attitute was very threatening and hostile. and the security guy
was just ready to get violent

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2011

We loved it here 3 nights were not enough. This is how a hotel should be run. It was full with a conference. Everywhere ran smoothly. Breakfasts were the best in the Philippines no waiting in queues. The foyer was full of people the casino was empty. Such an interesting place we booked sight seeing from a travel agent on the first floor. There was a constant stream of taxis out the front. Room was excellent. On check in I had an ear and chest infection the hotel nurse arrived at my room door before I did to assist. This place had energy. It was our favourite. Free good internet in the foyer.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Willkeeptravelling
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I was travelling alone to Cebu to meet my GF and we both spent one night in this hotel. She booked this hotel through phone and we got an upgrade when she booked. My GF knew one who worked there so thats why probably. I think we checked in at about 2 PM on a Thursday. The hotel room was okay so was the bathroom although according to my GF there was something wrong with the toilet but still normally useable. We stayed on the 16th floor and had a great view. Although it was the very first time for me to be in this country and to witness (from hotelroom) the somewhat poorer homes/houses. Breakfast buffet was great and had a wide range of choices. So all in all I was okay with this hotel knowing it would be for 1 night only. Price paid PHP 3000.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Haighton10
Reviewed January 28, 2011

We stayed for five nights with family members. It was our wedding at another Cebu city location and staying here was convenient for us in every way. We had deluxe rooms. Spacious and comfortable.
Good restaurants at the hotel, an easy taxi ride to malls and other city restaurants and the hotel buffet breakfast is fabulous. Courteous and competent staff.
This is the first time we have stayed at this hotel and will now stay here on our many return visits to Cebu.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank NewZealand-7
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I stayed at this hotel as recommended to by another establishment during Sinulog weekend 2011 with my sisters.

It took 3 hours for this hotel to fix our room as to what we requested and paid for, ie an extra 'proper bed' and ensure all items toiletries, cutlery, complimentary items etc were present in the room. We checked in 5.30pm, you would think they would have fixed our room like they said upon check-in, we arrive and nothing was there! The bar fridge was locked, no extra bed, no toiletries etc. It took 2 phone calls, 3 times going down to speak to the manager to get this completed. You would think it would get better, nope their free breakfast their usual cafe was full so they sent us to another facility which could be best described that dingy, dark and with the food served which was apparently exactly the same, was not. We got a dessert from the lobby, 15mins later they forgot our order and the when we asked for the bill we had to tell them to put the amount we should pay because it was lacking.

We were speaking simple english and constantly had to repeat ourselves, they had a number of VIPs staying that night which I was fairly certain did not have any of the problems we experienced. I told the General Business Manager that they should not advertise their establishment as 4 stars and ask clients to pay for an amount where there are expectations of convinence, professional and quality service - which was absolutely not provided to me or my guests.

This is by far the worse experience I've ever had a hotel and I'm a well travelled individual who is happy to pay for quality and good service no matter what star it is!

The staff are incompetent, rude and lack the ability to comprehend simple english, the amenities are old and disgusting, the rooms are not that of a 4 star quality - therefore this facility should only be recommended to those who really what to have their stay ruined!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family