“Do Not Stay at Golden Peak. You've Been Warned!”

Golden Peak Hotel & Suites Cebu
Ranked #79 of 89 Hotels in Cebu City
Manila, Philippines
“Do Not Stay at Golden Peak. You've Been Warned!”
Reviewed May 12, 2009

In my 2 weeks of stay in this God-forsaken excuse for a hotel, I was transferred from one room to another a total of 5 times! The first room was okay but they had maintenance being done on the floor directly above me and so during the daytime all you hear is the sound of hammers pounding and drills drilling - NONSTOP!

I was transferred to another room with 3 beds and there was a small mouse who is incredibly intrepid - never scared of people! You can hear him rummage through the garbage cans while you're sleeping. He was so fearless, he climbed to bed on my blanket while I was watching TV! Really gross!

The staff are boisterous and unruly when they clean your room. They talk to one another in the vernacular and laugh hysterically. They even play tag in the hallways!

The rooms are okay but the carpet really stinks. The bedsheet are recycled and hardly washed. The buffet breakfast is so-so. In my 2 weeks stay, they changed the menu twice or 3x. Bland.

I will never go back to this hotel. Trust me. You've been warned!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank RajY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
new zealand
Reviewed April 12, 2009

While the hotel is old and a need of refurbishment, I found the staff very helpful in every way.The hotel maids who clean the room each day were so good ,We give them a gift of 1000 pesos each,the security guards give us excellent service if we need taxi.We had a junior suite 1116 ,we enjoyed our stay and felt it was value for money.I would stay there again.The standard rooms we first look at we thought were a bit sub standard, but you only get what u pay for.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kiwitraveler45
Helsinki. Finland
Reviewed February 13, 2008

The lobby was ok and the staff were eager to help but there was something wrong, you could tell. The hotel smelled really bad and our room was worn out and tired. Breakfast was unpleasant all though free. The only good thing was that it was close to the Ayala Shopping Center with decent restaurants and Starbucks! I'd rather not stay there again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Tthe bad smell
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mioluu

Travelers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

arizona
Reviewed January 15, 2008

the worse hotel ive ever seen, the lobby is ok but if you go to the hotel corridors on the upper floors, all were poorly maintained and the worst of it all is that the hotel smells like insecticide.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2007

The Hotel is showing signs of age and minimum maintenance.

Front of house service was reasonable,the rooms were dated and the first room we looked at we refused and upgraded.
This room was slightly bigger but in the whole scope of things not much better.
The place is in need of a renovation.

Its locality was also not suitable as it was not that close to the main part of town,although there was a fantastic shopping centre within 10 min walk,that catered for all our needs.

• Liked — Nothing really
  • Disliked — where do I start
  • Stayed August 2006
1 Thank RMDJakarta
jeddah
Reviewed August 29, 2007

the staffs needs proper training. the guards on duty are very disrespectful.

i regret my stay in that hotel.

• Liked — cheap rate
  • Disliked — the staffs
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mariammoslem
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed February 24, 2007

Golden Peak, Cebu City..

My Itinerary to Cebu had a sudden change which left me scrambling for acommodations during Sinulog. I was very lucky to have booked a room at Golden Peak.

I was given a very nice room with a great view. The accomodations were very comfortable. I had no worries using their Safety Deposit Box.

The price I paid was exactly what I had booked the room for over the net. No hidden fees. I thought the Front Desk Area was a bit small given the size of the hotel. Checking out seemed to be a problem for some guests as they all tried to check out at once.

The location is great!

I would definitely stay there again!

• Liked — Nice room with good view. Good value!
  • Disliked — Check Out was very crowded.
  • Stayed January 2007