“Beautiful, Well mannered, wonderful service”

Cebu City Marriott Hotel
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Darwin NT
“Beautiful, Well mannered, wonderful service”
Reviewed December 23, 2009

Stayed here with young children, and the hotel staff were very polite, helpful and couldn't be more willing to help in any way possible.
LIKES:
Room was a Executive suite, with a separate living area for the children to stay in, comfortable and spacious.
Breakfast was a treat, amazing array of food, from filipino to American style (cater for all preferences of food) fresh fruits were a delight. sweet Ormoc Pineapple, mangoes, watermelon etc.
Security is to high standard, and was always on top of things.
Not being harassed for money from street kids, beggars etc when you leave the hotel.
Great entertainment each night, nice seafood buffet, live seafood, cooked to your liking.
Ayala mall, and food terraces open till late. WOnderful array of choices.

DISLIKES:
Being given the privilege of having an executive access, as the breakfast was not nice on the 12th floor comparison to the main breakfast Garden, was not advised that the breakfast would be charged if we ate at the Garden Cafe, ! !
Until i seen the bill, but the Manager was kind enough to revert all charges made and credit us for all breakfast eaten there for the last 9 days.
Thanking you kindly.. That saved us a few dollars.
Breakfast is not complimentary down stairs in the Garden Cafe until advised other wise, when having executive access.
We did not take our cocktail/beer hour, so this was amended, and adjusted to our bill for brekky.

Thank you to the staff at the Marriot, we had a wonderful stay, and i will be coming back to Cebu again, for the meantime, Marriot will be my second home whilst i visit Cebu.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Mestiza_inday

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Delhi
Reviewed December 3, 2009

Cebu was my first International trip. Marriott is located right behind the Ayala Shopping mall which is one of the 2 biggest malls in Cebu. The staff is very friendly and rooms are spacious. They have live music and piano play at the Lobby in the evening and sitting there enjoying the music with the drink in the open bar there is a memorable experience. The security at the hotel is worth appreciating and they leave no room for any compromise

• Liked — Its Location right next to the mall
  • Disliked — Does not have many restaurants
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DelhiGlobeTrotter
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Great hotel. Stayed their twice in the past 14 months. Stayed there in Aug 08 and Nov 09. Didn't even bother looking at other hotels, as I was really impressed even before the remodel was completed. Staff is great, restaurant is great. Only complaint from me is it is time the change the mattresses in the rooms as they seems to be worn out and dip in the middle. A bit uncomfortable. Other than that, I have no complaints. I'll stay there again when we travel back to Cebu City from the USA.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank moparmusclecars
England
Reviewed November 6, 2009

Staff so friendly and helpful. Food great. Swimming pool, evening BBQ and live music .... fantastic! Room very comfortable, large and clean. Choice of bed types.

The only disadvantage is distance from the airport - about 25 minutes by taxi. Not really a problem.

The Marriott is indeed the #1 hotel in Cebu. I was so impressed and really enjoyed my 8 day stay here. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Food great and reasonable priced for a luxury hotel. Swimming pool, evening BBQ and live music .... fantastic! Room very comfortable, large and clean. Next door to the upmarket Ayala Mall whivh boasts excellent shopping and a wide variety of good restaurants. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel !!

Travel tip : Excellent girl vocal band "Femme Aura" play here at the poolside stage in the evenings - dont miss!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank soulman53
Seoul South Korea
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Ok I missed my flight back to Korea and got stuck in Cebu for two days (i was staying on a small island near there to avoid the crowds). I am so happy I did get stuck, I had no desier to go around Cebu I don't like the constant pressure to spend money as a tourist in the Philippines. I also had just came from budget hotels and an island that had electricity half the time so I decide to splurge on the Marriott and feel like I was home (I am from USA but live in Korea) I wasn't sure if I was going to like it because I had read mixed reviews on Trip advisor before I left for Cebu...But i took a chance .
This is one of the nicest Marriotts I have ever stayed in, I stay at Marriott all the time when I splurge because of reward points. The price was only 100 USD a night, super super cheap for a 4 star. I had a king regular room and it was great, the bed was so comfortable, the room was spacious, I didn't even leave the hotel for two days because I was so happy. They have great food (get the hotdog from room service or at the pool its awesome!) great service and amenities you would expect at any Marriott.
The pool is pretty nice, the chairs are great, very nice decor in the whole hotel.
The breakfast buffet is awesome, about 17 USD but amazing, all sorts of food, sushi, American breakfast, Filipino breakfast, fruits and cheeses, I can't even explain how many different delicious things you could get.
Same for the dinner buffet, you can pick between an indoor one with lots of yummy dishes or outdoor with BBQ style food, about 20USD.
Mix drinks were alright, I drink martini's so you really can't mess that up, my friend had a fruity drink and it was low on the alcohol so stick with wine and beer if you are trying to get a buzz.
In room massage is great, TV has plenty of channels, overall I would recommend this place to anyone and go back to the Philippines just to stay there (and I really don't like the Philippines, Thailand is so much better)

Oh yea they have a bar area, lounge area and out door bar, at night they have live music and its very nice and romantic

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Danielle546
Orlando, FL
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Accommodations like rooms, beds, linens, towels, bathroom amenities are comparable to worldwide Marriott upscale standards but friendliness of staff would not be beaten! Filipino hospitality is the best! My teenagers loved being able to walk to Ayala Mall and enjoy the restaurants, shopping, and other fun stuff they have to offer. Now they don't feel that they have to give up western amenities when we go home for vacation.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank RoxannekOrlando_FL
Cebu
Reviewed October 25, 2009

I booked into the marriot due to the fact it was close to the mall and was only $85 US a day,however. I found out after paying they not only made up the US rate they added 20%+ in US dollars to the room cost.On inquiring about the overcharge I was told it was due to tax,however I was not paying peso but US dollars.They also never proved to me they didn't over charge and I check the rates online and know they did ripe me off.This is a cheap scam,perhaps I am cheap too.
Also don't pay for breakfast they charge a couple of thousand for what you can get for under 200php.
In future I will stay at any other hotel and pay the 50php taxi fare,It was a ripe off and the Marriott chain should be ashamed of their scamming.Big thumbs down for the Marriott Hotel Cebu.

PS
No towels over priced bar and internet (Picked up free internet from mall from my room and saved heaps)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple