Cebu City Marriott Hotel
Radisson Blu Cebu(Cebu City)
$204
Harolds Hotel(Cebu City)
$114
$95
1,279 results
All reviewsgarden cafeayala mallthe executive loungebreakfast buffetbusiness districtbusiness tripeasy accesshousekeeping staffmangosecurityromeoarielphilippinesgymproximitycebuanobathtub
Reviewed November 10, 2013

A typical Marriott hotel with clean rooms and good facilities. It has very tight security checks including of vehicles and baggages which may put some guests off. Hotel is directly connected to a shopping mall which has local boutiques, supermarket and lots of dining options. Having a poolside dinner of local grill while enjoying the live music from the resident Filipino band is worth the experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Y880
marriottcebu, General Manager at Cebu City Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking time to write a review.

We highly appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear about your pleasant stay in the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Checked in here when Yolanda super typhoon hit Cebu. I live 5kms away from this Marriott and decided to check in at a hotel with generator expecting power outage. Sure enough powerwent out just as I left my place. My mode of transportation was a motorcycle so I had to brave the winds and rain in waterproof clothing and a pannier, but soaked nonetheless. It was about a 10-minute ride when I arrived at the hotel's entrance driveway and was told by the entrance guard to come around and enter from the exit as the entry ramp was blocked by some tree branches that could've been very easily cleared. Came around the exit ramp and was told by another guard that motorcycles are not allowed on the driveway. Again, its pouring rain and I have a reservation already. Drove up to the front main entrance anyway and was blocked by several bellboys and more security guards asking me questions in their local dialect and unwilling to assist me. Nobody seem to understand that I'm a guest checking in with a reservation. I had to pretty much force myself in the door just to escape the strong winds and dry myself. I know they have valet parking service yet they told me to park my motorcycle myself as none of them want to get wet. Very unwelcoming welcome from a staff that treated me as a threat instead of guest simply because I didn't show up on 4-wheels during extreme weather.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Friztaille
marriottcebu, General Manager at Cebu City Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Your feedback is important to us.

We are sadenned to hear about the unpleasant arrival experience you had during your recent visit to the hotel. Rest assured we will look into this and take the necessary action to improve your stay during your next visit. We sincerely apologize for any incovenience it has caused you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Pleasant hotel located in prime location next to Ayala Mall.
Lobby is not large but nice.
Baggage service is spot on.
Check in is easy.
Indoor and outdoor bar is well serviced.
Restaurant serves good variety and quality.

The courtyard and pool area is strategically covered with foliage creating a nice Oasis right in the heart of the city and next to Ayala mall.

But the hotel is older and it shows its age.
Especially in the smaller rooms and fitness center.

The hotel is very expensive especially compared to the Quest hotel located on the other side of Ayala mall. And versus Radisson Blue which is THE value leader in Cebu followed right behind by Marcopolo.

My wife and I are gold members with upgrades and corporate discounts so we stay here often.
The perks of the Executive lounge make it worth it for us but without it I think we would choose the other hotels.

The restaurant choices in Ayala mall is better than at SM Mall next to Radisson Blue.
Marcopolo is isolated but has the best view.

The nightly Buffet is very good but Radisson Blue and Marcopolo does it a little bit better.

You're really paying for the nice location right next to Ayala Mall.

There is no spa located in the building. you have to walk to The Spa of Cebu at the mall for your treatments.

Overall, very nice 5 star hotel in the heart of the city.

Room Tip: There are construction going on everywhere at the time of writing. Northern facing rooms have the best view of Ayala Mall. Sounthern facing rooms have view of the Lexmark building.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jin K

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking time to write a review.

Your feedback is important to us. We are pleased to hear that you've enjoyed our services and facilities. Apart from the hotels convenient location, we are happy to inform you that we also have the safest building structure and security in place.

Should you wish to avail of massage services on your future visits, we do have a Massage room and wellness treatments available in Suite 710 or you may also opt to have a massage in-room.

We hope to see you again in your future visit and thank you for choosing to stay at the Marriott!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

so my daughter was growing up and together with my niece , we used to stay at cebu city marriot hotel. love the comfy bed , with their duvet that really is a total softee. location is near ayala mall.and a little farther from sm. but also close to the church. the pool is not that big but its okay. they used to have a play area for the kids and my daughter have this picture taken. oh the manager , i remember now , he sent us a basket of fruits. that was lovely.
they have this nightly live band too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cinnabon H

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your review.

We hope to give you a pleasant experience during your stay and we are delighted to hear that you have fond memories of the hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Landed in Marriott early morning following the aftermath of the 7.2 earthquake just a couple of weeks back. Everything was normal at the hotel and the staff were ev so friendly and helpful. As the hotel was busy got a room on the 4th floor (smoking floor), room was good but I would have opted for another floor because the smell of smoke was always around. The breakfast spread was excellent all sorts of food and I liked the collection of fresh fruits every morning for 3 days. Very conveniently located to Ayala mall just a hop away. The swimming pool when compared with the hotel was not so great. Around the pool was slippery and you need to be careful.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking time to write a review. Your comments have been well noted.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our brilliant hosts took good care of you during your visit. We are also happy to share that the hotels foundation is built with a mechanism to withstand a high magnitude earthquake to ensure the safety of our guests.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Cebu.