“My last Cebu Trip”

Cebu City Marriott Hotel
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The buffet was great, the beds were comfortable, and everything was great. My last travel here was November of 2009. The stay was great because the lobby had great ambiance, the pool area was great as well since most of my cousins swam and enjoyed themselves. The best part was the fact that I got to spend time with my family all through out and Marriott helped in providing the best quality service and great amenities. I hope to come back sooner or later, or work there in the future since I enjoyed my stay as well as Cebu thanks to Marriott and the staff that made it possible.

Room Tip: Rooms Facing Ayala Mall.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 4rv1

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is our second time staying at the Marriott Cebu, hotel is clean, staff is friendly and food is great.

My husband and I with our two children stayed at Marriott Cebu, the only negative comment I can make is that although we requested to have two rooms instead of a suite, we were not granted that and ended up having to share the suite with our children. Rooms are spacious and well decorated. We have had access to the business lounge, great food all day and real convenient if you dont want to go out in the rain.
The swimming pool is being kept clean all day, staff are friendly and service with a smile!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SAinnanjing
Reviewed March 3, 2013

It's our second time in Cebu and we decided to book yet another room at Marriott, in spite of newer hotels in the area. Everything was a breeze - from booking via email/phone down to check in and check out.

We got in quite early from Manila and the front desk staff (Kim) quickly found a way for us to check in early. Staff, from the maintenance, dining, gym and security, are all attentive.

Buffet breakfast selection was great, especially the fruits and yummy chorizo (longganisa)! The pool, although a bit small, affords a relaxing dip.

Lastly, its close proximity to Ayala Center Cebu is a big bonus.

Overall, staying at Marriott Cebu is still excellent value for money and still highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for fruits, especially mangoes, the staff would be more than happy to oblige.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was supposed to be writing this tip a while ago, but for reasons I do not know I didn´t. I decided to be more active on my reviews since I´ve been traveling around the world for the past 30 years of my life, and nothing better than start the day with a wonderful breakfast, and this can be if not the best, certainly the second before the best! Try their buffet too whether for luch and best for dinner!

the club lounge is top-notch, they serve sushi, cold and how meal with a wide range of juices, beverages and spirits, all included in your GOLD membership. Rooms are a bit small but very much comfortable. This hotel located in Cebu city-Philippines has direct access to the largest mall in Cebu, the ayala Center Cebu that gives you plenty options to enjoy your shopping and dining time.

Room Tip: Rooms at the club level are bigger, and the viw of the city is fantastic during the night"
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
14  Thank idrovoviva
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a good option with a staff thta will try and help and a good offering of food. The rooms depending on the floor are either updated or being updated. The older rooms need help but the new ones ahve great beds and also good appointments. This is worth the stop and the prices can also be negotiated if you walk in verses having a reservation.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I'm a loyal Marriott customer - I have a gold status in my membership. I always book Marriott wherever I go. This Marriott is very different from any Marriott I have ever stayed in in North America. The rooms are nicer, the service is much better -- people are always ready to help and eager to provide good service.

Location is perfect -- it is right next door to Ayala Mall.

Buffet breakfast was one of the best I have ever had!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Buena_Familia
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Recently stayed at Marriott in Manila and this was a totally different experience. Even if I had previously arranged for an early check-in, I was told they did not receive any advice. As I was trying to call my agent, the receptionist told me: "Somebody else has a reservation but he's arriving an hour later, so we'll just give you that room." Huh? Sounds like a consolation prize. Then when I handed my Marriott rewards card, I was informed that the name on the card and their computer were different but with the exact same number. Confusing! To their credit, before the end of the day they sent a message to provide personal information to the member's zone to verify validity; and they even arranged for me to get a new card within 6 weeks. The lobby is small and always crowded; there is a smoking area overlooking the pool but just beside the breakfast cafe. Upon exit to the veranda and pool there is a walkway that brings you the Ayala mall in 2 minutes. Airconditioning in the room leaves much to be desired in terms of comfortable cool. Bed has 6 pillows but smelly of ?sweat, ?bad detergent. The one that concerns me most though is the bathroom. When the door is fully swung open, the distance between the toilet bowl and the door's edge is less than a foot; an invitation to physical trauma! The breakfast compensates, with new choices daily. Fruit smoothies (mango, watermelon, honeydew) keep you coming back for more. Security is tight; on the other hand, they make sure you have all the privacy you need (not like other hotels, where every so often somebody checks on the mini bar). I don't know if this is good, but if you want a turnover, then you have to call housekeeping; otherwise, you won't be bothered. The final verdict? An average hotel with good food that is neighbor to a huge mall. That's all there is to say.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan

Been to Cebu City Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!