“Need some renovating..doesn't feel like Marriott anymore” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cebu City Marriott Hotel

Cebu City Marriott Hotel
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Manila, Philippines
“Need some renovating..doesn't feel like Marriott anymore”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I will be honest. The rooms need renovation. While the staff are very helpful, looks like overall look and feel needs some improvement. I was given the choice if I will book for a farther hotel or just Marriott that is right smack at Ayala Center Cebu. I chose Marriott because of the name but somehow they failed ot provide me the feel of being in Marriott. I waited for 20 minutes for a taxi to be called on my second day going to our Cebu office and it happened again on my way back to Manila - another 30 minutes or so standing by the lobby. Urgency issue.

I stayed for 4 days and only had breakfast on my last day = Failure. Not the type of breakfast that I would have expected from a Marriott. First and last time I will check-in there. I'd rather go to the other island's hotel that is farther but will surely put value to the money.

Room Tip: if you are a smoker, don't choose the smoking room. It smells smoking even if you are not.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Levelalpha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lingayen, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was so lucky of our instructor in our Tour 1 Class because he really chose this hotel for our accommodation of our Cebu Tour. I enjoyed our stay here. I felt like I was really a tourist will all the money for I managed to stay in this luxurious, elegant, and one of the most famous hotels. The lobby was so elegant and their reception area is so wide. Their room is so spacious! The bed is really like a "queen's" bed. Very comfy and i really had a great sleep. The bathroom was also great! I could stay in there for a couple of hours! :) They also have an iron and hair dryer in the room. The staffs were also very friendly and accommodation. It's like they will make you feel that they are happy that you're staying in their hotel. The rates are really a lot expensive but the stay was worth it. That was a great experience and a memorable one!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank jaja646
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

It is so close to Ayala Mall Cebu, will make you think that its the same property complex - only one walkway with a guard post and walk-in metal detector separating them. Easy access to taxi queue for going around Cebu. Hotel itself is showing some signs of aging though, carpets and furniture already look tired and had to request housekeeping for room spray to make it smell better.

Booked the Junior Suite to get access to the Executive Lounge - good decision since you'll be entitled to breakfast (although selection is limited), snacks, and unlimited drinks throughout the day. During one day of our stay, we had a daytour of Bohol and had to leave early. They were kind enough to pack the breakfast for us to eat at the ferry. We got back from the tour in time for the afternoon tea service, which can already be considered by some as dinner since there was rice and some viands in the buffet selection.

They also gave me a big bar of white chocolate, packs of dried mango, some fruits, and banana bread. I don't know it that's because we're in the executive floor, or because of my membership to Marriott Rewards. Either way, make sure you sign up for Marriott Rewards, its free online anyway.

Commendable staff, had a pleasant experience with everyone - from the doorman, to the concierge, to the front desk, the bell boy, and housekeeping. I was so pleased that when i got home, I emailed the hotel manager of my pleasant experience with the staff.

Room Tip: Worth it paying extra for rooms/suites that provide Executive Lounge access
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank jbarracuda
Roseville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed here for one night. Great luxurious hotel in a good location. Close to Terraces restaurant and also close to HSBC ATM. The room was very nice, with a comfortable bed. Very helpful and friendly staff. We had dinner in the bar and it was very good. The price was high but that is expected in the hotel but the food was excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Adam P
Darwin NT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I always prefer to stay here at the Marriot hotel in Cebu, this time I came back to witness the Sinulog festival.
The room I was given was good, enough to accommodate my kids and husband.
Breakfast wa included in the package and surprisingly some staff members remembered my name from 2 years prior to my first initial visit.
They helped my kids in the morning collect breakfast while I could sit and enjoy eating my own breakfast instead of getting up at random requests like usual.
They replenished my room with water and extra soap knowing I had extra kids.
Each day without fail I did pass extra tips to the workers who cleaned my room, opened the doors for me, attended to my table alone when I did have breakfast.
I will return to the friendly staff who didn't frown upon my family members that did pay random visits. I even booked 2 extra rooms so I could allow my family experience the wonderful atmosphere at the Marriot.
Daghan salamat to the team t the Marriot.
(many thanks)
I will see you again when I return for my next vacation.

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank Mestiza_inday
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

one of the best hotels we have stayed in stayed here for six nights and nothing was a problem rooms great service will tell others will be back so if you want a good hotel this will do it all staff also go the extra mile and very helpful food also good as i have a fussy son and even he was happy

Room Tip: we booked a family room and found it was all we wanted a bit costly but worth it all in all worth it
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mike t
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

The lobby and pool area of the hotel are updated, but the rooms are still in need of refreshing. That being said, the rooms are totally fine - comfy beds, nice shower, clean, good A/C, etc. The breakfast buffett is excellent - so delicious, but, as you would expect, expensive if you are on a budget (~$25/30 a person). The pool area is nice, but a bit small. Convenient to Ayala Mall (right next door) and not too far from the airport (although with traffic it can take almost an hour). Staff is very friendly and helpful. Drinks at the bar are surprisingly cheap.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple