“5 star with great location”

Cebu City Marriott Hotel
Ranked #6 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Walked in here wearing dirty jeans and flip flops looking scruffy and unwashed but we were made to feel at home straight away. At 5k peso at night it was worth to splash the cash after weeks if roughing it
Rooms and service were excellent as was the food. Only 2 min walk is the Ayala centre with lots of restaurant and shops.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank nbjewellerboy

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed here for 3 days last May 2011 during a conference I attended to at another hotel nearby-- I loved it! The place is well-maintained, security system is excellent and the staff were accommodating (I was even offered a cold lemonade drink upon arrival---I was with my other colleagues who happen to be foreign delegates). I enjoyed their breakfast buffet and really good varieties to choose from. And yes, it is literally connected to Ayala Mall (1-2 minutes of walk) so it's perfect for shopping and strolling with no hassles of commuting. I will choose this hotel anytime if I'd go to Cebu.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank NORMZZ
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My mom booked this hotel because it was close to Ayala Mall and I will say that it has a great location because it was literally a minute away from the mall. The staff was very friendly and helpful but the hotel seemed like it needed a good clean up. The lobby was very pretty but the rest of the hotel was not very impressive. My room was okay but i saw very disgusting looking finger prints on my headboard which really freaked me out and there was a bunch of dust on the headboard as well. If they didn't clean something so close to my bed, it made me think about other places they could have missed. I don't think I'm going back there but it was ok.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

When I found out finally that this was not a 5 star hotel I was surprised. I feel it has all the qualities of a 5 star hotel. Compared to other 5 star hotels I have stayed at. Security was fantastic and also the customer service 100%

The rooms were great and comforting and room service was nice and quick also.

Views were great being and to see Ayala centre and also the front of the hotel also.

I have stayed there now three times and would reccomend 100% this hotel every time.

My first stay was just devined,f second time was fantastic because they were able to slide us in when I hadnt made a reservation. Third time couldnt believe the improvements Ayala shopping centre has made to basically connect the hotel.

Has the convenience of a 24 hours Gym, Swimming pool still sux that its not 24 hours but still great, buffet breakfast the usual wide variety and whats great is there is no restrictions in bringing foods to the hotel.

Room Tip: My tip is this is a great hotel for the value what more do you want!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank markoketo
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Marriott Hotels have always been a good hotel chain to stay in but this particular Marriott is a bit dated and the FRONT DESK STAFF need some extra training in terms of people skills.

Though they've kept the whole place clean and the rooms are good, there's no mistaking that it is quite old already. The spaces within the hotel and the particular room we stayed in are a bit on the smallish side of things. What really got to me was the front desk personnel who checked us in. I don't know if its because this trip was sponsored by a drug company, but all through the process, she didn't smile and she actually got my wife's name wrong. She was polite but that was it, she was just polite and not at all friendly.

The bell service was slow at best. We just decided to lug our stuff up ourselves (I was with my kids) rather than wait for them to bring our stuff up.

Housekeeping staff was efficient, very helpful and (in contrast to the front desk staff) very friendly. Maybe they should switch roles.

The breakfast buffet was just ok. Nothing spectacular. The food was edible and the selection quite limited. If I find myself wandering around in a buffet looking for something that I want to put on my plate ... there's something wrong. An excellent buffet would want to make me eat everything and I have to stop myself from doing just that. This one had me looking for something that I wanted to eat.

The pool was clean but very... very... very SMALL.

The upside of this hotel is that it's right next to Ayala Terraces and to get to all the good places to eat and the fun shopping, it takes NO TIME AT ALL. Ayala Terraces is a 2 minute walk away.

If your purpose to go Cebu is to go shopping and eat at Ayala Mall, and you're going to use the hotel for sleeping and sustenance breakfast only, I'd recommend the hotel.

Its a good thing this was a sponsored trip... otherwise if I had to pay for this stay I'd be less happy about it. Over all I wouldn't want to stay here at all next time I'm in cebu city. If I had a choice, I'd want to stay at Radisson Blu Hotel instead.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel. With better value for money
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This review is long overdue but i thought i owe this to Cebu City Mariott... we stayed overnight last June 2012 and the hotel exceeded my expectations. The room, though a bit old, was well kept and comfortable. We were booked on the 11th floor so we had a good view of the Cebu City skyline. We so love the soft pillows and duvet covers that we had a hard time getting up the next day to catch our ferry trip to Bohol. The staff were very helpful and friendly, we were allowed to use the swimming pool eventhough it was almost closing time. Pros: Very accessible, the hotel has a walkway connecting to Terraces Building of Ayala Mall. Free, fast wi-fi inside the guest rooms. Lastly, we appreciate the fact that we were able to retrieve my friend's jacket after 3 days and surprised that some of her not-so-valuable items like hair brush and pen were also returned (she was not even aware that she left these items in the hotel). Will definitely consider staying here again when i go back to Cebu!

Room Tip: Request for a room on the higher floor so you'll get a good view of the city's skyline
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank wanderinggab
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I had the opportunity to meet Mr Winton and he is very guest orientated so I am posting here hoping he reads this comment

The hotel overall was very good, and security very reassuring. The staff were great and eager to assist when called upon. There are two things I think that could be taken care of that would make this a five star experience:

The gift shop should sell sodas, water, juices, etc. It was difficult to get a soft drink quickly.

And I have to say, I know it is tough to control, but the women hanging around the lobby quietly soliciting people...if I noticed and other guests notice, your team must notice. I realize you cannot control it 100% and the mall courtyard is likely the source of the problem (they seemed to migrate into the lobby when the mall closed) but it should not be tolerated. Put in an undercover security guard if you have too and root them out.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank guest2012_12
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Marriott Hotel here in Cebu. I was glad to hear enjoyed your stay overall and thank you for your kind words for our staff. I will be sure to pass it along.

I was concerned to hear your comments about the Lobby Lounge and wish to reassure you that this has my immediate attention and that of my Executive Team and Security Director. We have a zero tolerance policy for any verifiable instances to ensure the comfort and security of all of our guests. This comment is being reviewed with our entire service team today to ensure they understand Marriott's expectations and policies.

Again I appreciate your constructive feedback and hope to welcome you back to Marriott on a future visit to Cebu.

Bruce Winton

Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa

Been to Cebu City Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!