“Best Bed & Pillows”

Cebu City Marriott Hotel
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights during a business trip and i would say that they have the best bed and pillows to sleep in to. It was soft and at the same time smells very clean that it will definitely give you a good night sleep.
The bathroom and bath tub was clean and they had a complete toiletry set. I stayed alone in the room but i had 5 different towels which i can use.
The buffet breakfast was also good since there was a lot of choices between Filipino, American, and Chinese food. Service was good but we had to request to be moved to a different room because they placed us in a floor with smoking rooms. Even if we requested for a non-smoking room, once we go out of the door, we can smell the smoke coming from other rooms. They may need to get better ventilation or exhaust fans from smoking rooms because it was not a good experience for non-smokers.
Overall, it was a good stay and i will definitely stay here again when i go back.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Charmedtraveller

Reviewed April 7, 2012

This hotel is just my second choice, but after the strong earthquake that hit Cebu recently, I decided to stay here since the other hotel is standng in a reclamation area. I'm glad I opted to stay here.

We booked for 2 rooms and stayed on the 9th floor. The view from our room is really nice. At night, I can see some ships sailing, and the sight is truly fantastic. our hotel room is well appointed and spacious. Our bed is big enough to accommodate 2 persons, great if you are traveling with kids. It has 4 pillows and a bolster. It also has a nice bathroom that comes with complete toiletries. They have a lot of cable channels to choose from also.

The staff are super nice and friendly. They even gave us tips on the best places to visit, dine and shop around Cebu. One staff even provided a box for my mom to put all the stuff she has bought and even helped her packed and sealed this.

There is also an easy access to Ayala Mall, which is good if you are traveling with an elderly companion like me. If you are also traveling on a low budget, Ayala has a lot of good restaurants that offers great food. The location is also good since it is central to a lot of historical spots in Cebu.

The hotel has good International breakfast buffet spread. And since the malls were closed last Thursday and Friday, they offered Filipino buffet which is reasonably priced at P355net. And mind you, the food are really yummy. According to one staff, their Aloha buffet priced at P575net is one of the best, too bad we didn't get the chance to try this.

This is our first Marriott experience and because of the great time we had here, We decided to apply for Marriott rewards and try the other Marriott hotels on our next trip. Thank you Marriott for a wonderful service. This early my mom is already planning to visit Cebu next January for the Sinulog and plans to stay here again. And one thing more, as an added service, they have accredited taxis that can bring you to your next destination and they don't charge you anything extra for this.

I would definitely stay here again on our next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms 901 and 903 has great views. Try their Aloha Friday lunch buffet as recommended by one staff.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Savedbygrace00
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This hotel is well located in the centre of Cebu City, next to Ayala Mall, and next to the CBD. The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful, the service efficient and it was no issue to reduce the number of nights we had booked because we had a change of plans. The room was well appointed, clean and comfortable, but seemed to be a little tired and dated. We had a room over looking the pool - not good unless you like the live music from the band playing at the pool coming into your room at night. Its not loud but you know its there. Only ate breakfast at the restaurant, and was satisfied with the array offered. Had some laundry done, was due back at 7pm, and because we were leaving early the next morning I wanted it to pack, but had to chase it when it failed to be delivered on time. Would I stay here again, I dont think so. There are other hotels in Cebu that maybe provide better options.

Room Tip: Dont get a pool view room
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MelbourneTravelmad
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The hotel has a very good location with walking distance (3 minutes) from the Ayala Mall. The rooms are very nice with modern interior and fittings. The staff is attentive to the guests' needs.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank leydelossantos
Reviewed March 20, 2012

So, perhaps being a Marriott Rewards member I expect more of Marriott but the Cebu Marriott does leave me expecting more. But before I go there, let me share that I don't mind the location, extremely convienent right next to the large Ayala mall with numerous eateries to pick from...at Ayala thatbis, nit the Marriott. The Marriott has a very nice breakfast buffet and most employees I encountered are warm and gracious. The pool is nice and has covered seating so you can grab a drink and lunch at the pool.

The hotel itself is old and I would guess it was last updated about 10 to 15 years ago. It's starting to show this. I did not encounter a chair or sofa that was not stained and soiled, even in my room itself. The chair and ottoman were covered in large stains. The main area where they have the buffet?? The same. The chair cushions outside? The same. In reality, I question how truly "clean" the hotel is.

The rooms are ok, nice flat panel TV with a few options to watch. I found the king size bed comfortable and linens were ok. Bathroom was nice but that's the problem. At one time is was most likely nice. Now, the tub looks dirty, almost permanent staining the you wonder if you want to even step on. It's also odd that you have to step up to step into the tub. Towels are sparsely provided and not sure who would have picked the god awful tile on the bathroom floor.

The hotel appears safe, you are required to walk through the typical airport medal detectors you find common in the Philippines. You need card keys to get in your room but was surprised to have a room attendant come into my room with my "shhhh" sign hanging on the door. Glad I had a towel around me.

I would strongly suggest looking into staying at the Raddison Blu, new, modern, nice rooms and bathrooms, next to SM Department Store but just further away from town.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank teek4100
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Only spent one night at this hotel situated in Cebu City's business district as a welcome break from travelling in cheaper accomodation during a long stay in the Philippines. The hotel largely caters for business people on short work related stays. The hotel is not cheap but smacks of luxury at every corner from the grand entrance foyer, internal and external bars, sizeable heated outdoor pool (although very shallow) and restaurants to the generously proprtioned modern, well decorated rooms. The hotel has its own entrance into Cebu's biggest shopping mall next door which contains a large variety of shops and restaurants. The variety on display at the breakfast buffet is sure to suit every pallet - although again not cheap if not included in the room charge. Overall, luxury, aty a price, but if the chance arises, it is well worth the splurge.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Weeked_Break87
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The Room: Excellent! Looks good, interior decor is very cozy and stylish, room is very spacious, they got two big beds each bed can fit 2 people, having 4 pillows per bed is also very much appreciated. I love their soap so much I asked for several bars to bring home. The hot and cold water worked perfectly.

Their buffet is great too, a very good variety.

The lobby doesnt match the quality of the room, the lobby doesnt look posh and is quite small. I dont like the security machine upon entrance, it looks off in a hotel, it is meant for airports not hotel. Am not complaining, just saying.

The location is great since it is just adjoining Ayala Mall.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan

Been to Cebu City Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!