“Escario Central....love it!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Chicago, IL
“Escario Central....love it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

A great hotel set in a great location. It's the little hotel that can...and does! My second time at Escario Central and it keeps getting better. The rooms are very comfortable and clean! Never a dirty towel or old linen, they keep this place tidy! There are only 2 concerns I have - there's no desk/chair and no mini fridge in the room. The nightstand serves sufficiently, but a desk would make a nice touch. There's a patio section near the lobby, so take advantage of that! Need a snack? There's a 7-11 seconds away and McDonald's across from that! If it's fine dining or a local dish, there are several restaurants outside the front door! Thanks, Escario Central! I am a customer now and forever!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank ChicagoGuy
Enrique F, Front Office Manager at Escario Central Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of Escario Central Hotel ,We are so pleased that you had a pleasant stay and the offers that we have provided, we are sorry if we fail to inform you that desk chair and mini refrigerator is only available upon request, Your feedback will definitely help us to improve our services.
Looking forward to having you back soon.Thank you very much

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
London UK...
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Booked an orange room for 4 nights on arrival at reception I was asked to pay half
of the room bill, but I refused stating that there was no information on their web page
regarding any payment or deposit ! I paid 500 peso deposit to keep them happy .
The room was comfortable, with cable TV and bed was comfortable making for a
good nights sleep .
The shower was very welcome with hot & cold water and good water pressure.
In the same complex there are coffee shop's and small restaurants, but if you are
looking for junk food then across the road there is a Jollibee and a MacDonald's ..
The staff are warm and friendly and always ready to help with advice about the area
Rooms are cleaned daily. I booked an extra 2 days as this hotel really is worth the price
and the staff are very helpful and friendly ..

Room Tip: If the staff offer advice please take it they know the area and are very helpful
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank peacfullone
Enrique F, Front Office Manager at Escario Central Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write this review,We are glad to hear of your positive feedback regarding your stay at Escario Central Hotel .Many thanks too for your kind words to our staff,. And we look forward for your next visit. Thank you very much.

FO Manager
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We do not expect much as the rate of this hotel is affordable.

Booked 2 nights with Hotels.com initially and last minute extended one more night via Agoda. We stayed at the Orange Room the first 2 nights and on the third day while about to leave our room to shop, we received a call from the reception asking if we are checking out or extending our stay. I was puzzled for a moment and explained that I have submitted all my hotel vouchers. Learning that we are extending our stay for one more night, we were told to pack up our stuffs in our room and move to another room.

Is this what we call "hospitality"? She should have explained to us upon check in. Was disappointed. We did not speak much except walking away.

I was served by a very helping housekeeping staff. He did my laundry fast and neat, but I could not have a chance to express my thanks to him. The gentleman at the reception during the nightshift has been very approachable. He greets everyone who appears at the reception. That's a great impression! Tumbs up!

This hotel is located near to eateries and 7-Eleven. You will never go hungry as 24-hours MacDonald is just 3 minutes walk away from your room and Jollibee just opposite the road.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank JanetSingapore
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review , We regret the downside regarding the other aspect of your stay, Be assured that we are continuously finding ways to improve our services, Thank you for your kind words to our staff and for your positive feedback.
Warmest regards and looking forward for your next visit.

Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I'm on a business trip and I'm really exhausted when I arrived from Bacolod. When I was about to check in, they asked me to pay for the first day plus a php 500.00 deposit. A co-worker, who checked in a day later told me that she was not required to pay or deposit anything when she arrived. We both asked the staff why they are asking me to pay right away. At first, they hesitated to answer, but later on they told me its hotel policy. Fine with me, but I got pissed. I paid in full my 2 days stay plus deposit and demanded a receipt. The staff told me that they can't issue a receipt right away, and told me they will send this to my room.

When I finally reached the room, it was really bare. Although the basic amenities are there, the walls were blank. The closet has no doors, theres no desk and the phone's got static noises. In the bathroom, theres no toothbrush!

By the way, my female co-worker teased me for hours that maybe they thought I can't pay the hotel and I would run. But here's the funny part: This was reserved under our company and I'm her manager. And yes, as I'm writing this, I'm about to check out, I still doesn't have my damn receipt.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Teclord
Enrique F, Front Office Manager at Escario Central Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Escario Central Hotel,We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, your feedback will definitely help us improve our services.Looking forward to having you soon.Thank you very much

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Having flight delays and further onward travel time of 3 hours, we decided to stay a night in Cebu City. Choosing Escario was an excellent idea, reasonably priced too. Great bed sheets, cable TV, free Wifi, awesome cafes and restaurants nearby. There's a Jollibee and MacDonald's nearby too! The staff were perfect from the start of my first call. The place is relatively new and had that new paint smell but it didn't bother us as we were exhausted.

We were going to Moalboal the next day and the bus terminal was only 5-10 mins away by taxi! Pretty near the airport as well. ATMS, bubble tea, 7-11 convenience store. All we needed right at our door step!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

A great hotel with value for your money. It is clean, quiet and peaceful. It also has free wifi. The staff are great and very accommodating. It is at a great location where it is near cafes, restaurants, fastfoods, and also near the Provincial Capitol. It is also a few minutes to some shopping malls here in Cebu City. I do recommend this. Try it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable place at the center of Cebu. First room I was in was smelling Paint but they changed it for me at once. We were very pleasantly surprised to find a hotel of such standard at such a low price. It's definitely way better than most budget hotels in the Philippines.

Go there, you won't be disappointed

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, We are glad that you had a comfortable stay with us.Thank you also for the recommendation.

We hope you can visit us again soon.