Escario Central Hotel
Harolds Hotel(Cebu City)
$114
$95
Agoda.com
Radisson Blu Cebu(Cebu City)
$204
$138
Radisson Blu
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsorange roomconvenience storemilk teastorey hotelitalian restofast foodground floorquiet place to staycable tvbeauty salonhot and cold showergood nights sleepcomfortable sleepcebu lechonsmall mallbudget friendly hotelmy entire stay
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We do not expect much as the rate of this hotel is affordable.

Booked 2 nights with Hotels.com initially and last minute extended one more night via Agoda. We stayed at the Orange Room the first 2 nights and on the third day while about to leave our room to shop, we received a call from the reception asking if we are checking out or extending our stay. I was puzzled for a moment and explained that I have submitted all my hotel vouchers. Learning that we are extending our stay for one more night, we were told to pack up our stuffs in our room and move to another room.

Is this what we call "hospitality"? She should have explained to us upon check in. Was disappointed. We did not speak much except walking away.

I was served by a very helping housekeeping staff. He did my laundry fast and neat, but I could not have a chance to express my thanks to him. The gentleman at the reception during the nightshift has been very approachable. He greets everyone who appears at the reception. That's a great impression! Tumbs up!

This hotel is located near to eateries and 7-Eleven. You will never go hungry as 24-hours MacDonald is just 3 minutes walk away from your room and Jollibee just opposite the road.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JanetHioe
Enrique F, Front Office Manager at Escario Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review , We regret the downside regarding the other aspect of your stay, Be assured that we are continuously finding ways to improve our services, Thank you for your kind words to our staff and for your positive feedback.
Warmest regards and looking forward for your next visit.

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I'm on a business trip and I'm really exhausted when I arrived from Bacolod. When I was about to check in, they asked me to pay for the first day plus a php 500.00 deposit. A co-worker, who checked in a day later told me that she was not required to pay or deposit anything when she arrived. We both asked the staff why they are asking me to pay right away. At first, they hesitated to answer, but later on they told me its hotel policy. Fine with me, but I got pissed. I paid in full my 2 days stay plus deposit and demanded a receipt. The staff told me that they can't issue a receipt right away, and told me they will send this to my room.

When I finally reached the room, it was really bare. Although the basic amenities are there, the walls were blank. The closet has no doors, theres no desk and the phone's got static noises. In the bathroom, theres no toothbrush!

By the way, my female co-worker teased me for hours that maybe they thought I can't pay the hotel and I would run. But here's the funny part: This was reserved under our company and I'm her manager. And yes, as I'm writing this, I'm about to check out, I still doesn't have my damn receipt.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Teclord
Enrique F, Front Office Manager at Escario Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Escario Central Hotel,We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, your feedback will definitely help us improve our services.Looking forward to having you soon.Thank you very much

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Having flight delays and further onward travel time of 3 hours, we decided to stay a night in Cebu City. Choosing Escario was an excellent idea, reasonably priced too. Great bed sheets, cable TV, free Wifi, awesome cafes and restaurants nearby. There's a Jollibee and MacDonald's nearby too! The staff were perfect from the start of my first call. The place is relatively new and had that new paint smell but it didn't bother us as we were exhausted.

We were going to Moalboal the next day and the bus terminal was only 5-10 mins away by taxi! Pretty near the airport as well. ATMS, bubble tea, 7-11 convenience store. All we needed right at our door step!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2014

A great hotel with value for your money. It is clean, quiet and peaceful. It also has free wifi. The staff are great and very accommodating. It is at a great location where it is near cafes, restaurants, fastfoods, and also near the Provincial Capitol. It is also a few minutes to some shopping malls here in Cebu City. I do recommend this. Try it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable place at the center of Cebu. First room I was in was smelling Paint but they changed it for me at once. We were very pleasantly surprised to find a hotel of such standard at such a low price. It's definitely way better than most budget hotels in the Philippines.

Go there, you won't be disappointed

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, We are glad that you had a comfortable stay with us.Thank you also for the recommendation.

We hope you can visit us again soon.