“Nice location”

Escario Central Hotel
Ranked #19 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We had no reservations and luckily they had an available room. The room has 2 double beds, hot shower, cable, phone, Internet, and complimentary 2 bottled water and toiletries. Our room was located towards the back of the hotel. The wifi signal did not work in the room. I called the staff and they said they will have the IT person look into it and will call back. No one called me back. I called them and i was told that the IT guy reset the wifi and it should work by now. I tried connecting and it didn't work. Again I called them and told them that its still not working. I was told that they will call me back again after speaking to the IT guy however no one called me back. I didn't have Internet access on my first night. In the morning IT guy came and said that the Internet is working and left our room. The wifi barely worked that I had to go outside our room to get stronger signal. It was ridiculous. I asked to be moved to another room closer to the front but they didn't do it. They said that i can use the computer at the reception area. Not a good option for since i dont want to publicly conduct business. The hotel is conveniently located next to 7 Eleven and McDonalds. It is also very close to Ayala Mall. The hotel is tucked away from the main road therefore you don't hear traffic noise. The walls are very thin that you can hear the people walking and talking outside the room.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank KweenM
There are newer reviews for Escario Central Hotel

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I went there few nights in september and october 2012. Its really clean and new. Comfortable and Quiet. They got the HD tv. They have Free wifi. Good localization. Restaurants near. Good price for what you got. What else do you want?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank saube7
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here overnight for a quick stopover. All of its room has 2 beds. The room is quite spacious and well lit. The tv was a good addition and they have a garden outside with some table and chair where you can smoke. It’s a handicapped-friendly hotel since it doesn’t have a 2nd floor. The only complaint I have is the shower. It hurts when you turn on the shower full speed. The bed is clean and the ac works great. I don’t feel secure with the kind of lock they have on their door since it’s not electronic and it doesn’t have a secondary lock. Better take your valuables when leaving the room. The good thing about its location is it’s close to a 7-11 convenience store, Zubuchon and some cheap massage parlors. You can ride a jeep going to Ayala or Robinson Malls. I highly recommend this to solo traveler or those traveling in groups.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank LOVEME2011
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Select this hotel just want to try it since there are not so much review on it. However, the result is great! From airport to hotel about P200 or so. To Ayala shopping center only 8P by jeepney. Staff are very kind and willing to help. Hotel facility are quite new. Room space is OK, not so small(like Tune hotel). Very quiet environment. A few steps to nextdoor 7-11, Macdonald, cafeteria, restaurants. The only weak point is: there is no wifi connection in the room. So we can only use wifi connection when close to reception room area or use the PC in reception room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank easytrip
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I always try to stay to a new hotel every time I go to any city in the Philippines to make sure that the linens are still fresh, beds are new, bathroom and room in general are clean. Later, when after I booked a full week reservation on their website, I found out that it was all messed up! Even when I had one of their staff stayed on the phone while I was doing the reservation. Eventually, she got pissed and raised her tone on me when I told her to guarantee that I will have the same rate I am trying to secure online if I follow her instructions to have the booking done the next day because she doesn't know what to do and the only person can help me is her supervisor who will be coming the next day. The next day came and voila, the supervisor texted me that I will get the same rate and my reservation will be done on their end. However, 2 hours later, she texted me again to inform me about the changes of their rates. WHAT THE HELL?!? Obviously, they have untrained staff who pretends they know what to do and giving out wrong information.

I figured, it's not worth it anymore. It took me 4 days to deal with them about my reservation and even after that it was not even fixed. Ridiculous! After hours of waiting for her confirmation if she was able to fix it, I decided to look for another hotel who have the same quality rooms and real Filipino hospitality.

This hotel needs to improve customer service, their website, and their communication.

Beware on using your credit card to secure your booking. Don't do the same mistake that I did. Goodluck!

Room Tip: Beware on using your credit card to secure your booking. Don't do the same mistake that I did. G...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Outdoor J
Escario Central H, Director of Sales at Escario Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

This review has been escalated to top management right when this review was posted.

We sincerely apologize for this untoward incident. The concerned staff and supervisor has been investigated and actions were taken.

However, bookings from electronic channels like Agoda, Expedia and the likes have their own booking engine/ portal/ site independent from the hotel's website and the hotel has no authority to maneuver a booking when placed on their system . The hotel's website is capable of accepting only non guaranteed reservations to eliminate the requirement of a credit card. Guarantee is practiced only when required on peak dates (e.g. Sinulog festival).

But we truly believe that the matter could have been handled in a better manner. I hope this does not stop you from giving us another chance to be of service.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

If you're looking for a nice and budget friendly hotel,escario central is for you.The hotel is basic but clean and well-lighted.its homey for us!the beds and pillows are comfortable that we had a good night sleep.the comfort/bath room is clean although there's no bidet and the ventilation is just the window.i love that their publicity photos are consistent coz when we got there it looks exactly the same.this hotel is situated in a compound wherein when you go outside,everything you need is there!theres a salon,spa,coffee shop,7-11,milk tea place,car wash and restaurants!the place is peaceful.theres ample space for customers and guests.you just have to see the sign of the hotel coz its at the far end of the compound.ill definitely recommend this!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lyka J
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I saw hair under my bed and there many yellow stain and black stain in bed sheet very bad service.

lots of ants and mosquitoes

when Heavy Rains comes water flowing the hall ways

I never come back this hotel Escario

Room Tip: No Back up Generator don't waste your money
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank deadcat12

We regret the bad experience and we already addressed the concern on cleanliness.

The hotel's design is a fusion of sprawling modern and zen. Thus, the natural elements has to be considered. However, we have taken note of this review and contacted a third party supplier to help us lessen ants and mosquitoes.

The property definitely has a generator on stand by.

There has been several improvements and we hope that you can give the property a chance.