“accessible”

Ranked #7 of 76 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Davao City, Philippines
“accessible”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I found this Pension house through the internet. They have a website where one can inquire about the place. They reply quickly to inquiries. At first, we did not know where it was but when we got there, it was easy to navigate around the area. It's walking distance to Colon and the University of San Carlos which is also nearby a fast food chain. Jeepneys and taxis are available on every street so it was not difficult to go around Cebu City. I think it's a new place. They have many guests. When we got there, they were fully booked. This was probably the reason why their rooms seem to have been over used. Even though it's new, we felt that it has been there longer. The shower was leaking, probably because of over using and no bidet was available. I think management should look into this to prevent more wear and tear of the facilities. Also some air freshener would be a nice welcome for the guests when they enter the room for the first time (especially when it has just been vacated by the previous guests). The room was, however, spacious.

Room Tip: They still don't have an elevator which could be a problem if you have lots of bags or maybe an...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank e_lai2011

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Beijing, China
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Good value hostel !
Low price. location close to the night life zone in mango street. Nearby there are some small shops for bread and fast food. Book it through its own website,don't through agoda, can get better price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank easytrip
Antipolo City, Philippines
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My Bf and I stayed here for 3 days during our Cebu trip. The place is situated in a quiet neighborhood which is true to its claim, near the popular landmarks in Cebu. Some of the places you ought to see are just one jeep away (04C). It saved us a lot of time since we were only stayed for a few days.

The room is clean in general. The bed is just right and the toilet is well maintained. It has a cabinet, a table and a chair, complimentary water with glass, 2 towels and hangers, not to mention mini soaps and a cable TV.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to friends and family!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank iamcheerio
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

All in all my stay at Robes Pension House was a great experience. Apart from its cleanliness, I was amazed with the space of the room. The value of the money is really worth it because it's cheap compared to the hotels in Cebu. Although it's a pension house, it's like a modest hotel for me. The problem that I saw in that hotel is their shower curtain, it was a bit dirty.. Their sink also clogged. But all in all, it's a perfect place to stay because you know what?

1. It's accessible. One ride away from SM and Ayala.
2. There are internet shops and laundry centers close to the area.
3. The carinderia (eatery) is sooo close, just in front of Robes and they serve very tasty food and very cheap as well!

I just hope they will improve their service. The bell boys are ok, they were courteous and helpful it's just that, their receptionists are a bit snob. They should smile more often and greet their customers.

So for those of you who want to check Cebu out, try Robe's Pension House. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Marie A
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I seldom travel in luxury and this place is what we were really looking for at the time we stayed in Cebu City. It's quite new at that time so it is clean. It is a very basic inn but I did not really expect a lot because we only paid P800.00 per night for a room for two. Good thing it is right in the center of the city and just walking distance to fuente osmena where we tried the Crown Regency's Sky Adventure and edge coaster. We had a good night's sleep here. Definitely a good choice for budget travellers and if you are just looking for a place to spend the night with while touring around Cebu City most of the day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank julietteBacolod
London
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a really nice place to stay in Cebu. Rooms are clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. There is a TV, free bottle of water and good aircon. It is in a good location and was quiet. But by far the best bit is the security guard who is cheerful and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SLM27
Cebu, Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Firstly this pension house was my second choice coz we always stay @roseate whenever my parents visits Cebu. I already made a reservation there but I forgot to ask about their senior citizen discounts, so I emailed them back w/ regard to the discount and they only gives 10%. And when I asked that isn't it supposed to be a 20% discount? Since we get to avail the 20% discount in legazpi,cdo,bacolod & bora, but roseate just replied that the only give 10%! So I cancelled my reservation there & booked w/ Robe's.

Ok back to review, the booking process was hassle free! A friend of mine in cebu called their office to ask about the senior discount (20% wc they do give) and booked us in the 3rd floor since they were full at the moment but promise to change it to the first floor since my parents are oldies =) When we arrived at the pension house the guard on duty helped us get our bags from the taxi to the lobby and to the room & smiling while doing this! The receptionist inform us that our has been change to the 1st floor (at the back of the lobby) which is a THUMBS UP for me!!! There was a freebie 1bottle of mineral water which is a first for me on a pension house accommodation. Ok for the room, all I could say is it was clean, good lighting, flat screen TV (that i like since i get to watch movies from my usb), clean CR even if it was a bit small but got no problems w/ it, cold aircon, a cabinet rack that have hangers, & a good comfy bed. The location of the pension house is excellent since it's just a walking distance to the main road where jeepney's for SM/Ayala/Sto.Nino/uptown area passes by and there's a lot of TAXI's just outside the pension house which the guard readily hailed for you. There's also a bunch of carenderia's of your choosing if on a budget & a few bakeshop.

Overall this is an excellent choice for a pension house coz its a value for your money. And I'll be staying here again!!

Room Tip: request a room on the lower floors since there's no elevator
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family