“A home away from home...”

Robe"s Pension House
Ranked #7 of 76 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“A home away from home...”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

All in all my stay at Robes Pension House was a great experience. Apart from its cleanliness, I was amazed with the space of the room. The value of the money is really worth it because it's cheap compared to the hotels in Cebu. Although it's a pension house, it's like a modest hotel for me. The problem that I saw in that hotel is their shower curtain, it was a bit dirty.. Their sink also clogged. But all in all, it's a perfect place to stay because you know what?

1. It's accessible. One ride away from SM and Ayala.
2. There are internet shops and laundry centers close to the area.
3. The carinderia (eatery) is sooo close, just in front of Robes and they serve very tasty food and very cheap as well!

I just hope they will improve their service. The bell boys are ok, they were courteous and helpful it's just that, their receptionists are a bit snob. They should smile more often and greet their customers.

So for those of you who want to check Cebu out, try Robe's Pension House. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Marie A

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I seldom travel in luxury and this place is what we were really looking for at the time we stayed in Cebu City. It's quite new at that time so it is clean. It is a very basic inn but I did not really expect a lot because we only paid P800.00 per night for a room for two. Good thing it is right in the center of the city and just walking distance to fuente osmena where we tried the Crown Regency's Sky Adventure and edge coaster. We had a good night's sleep here. Definitely a good choice for budget travellers and if you are just looking for a place to spend the night with while touring around Cebu City most of the day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank julietteBacolod
London
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a really nice place to stay in Cebu. Rooms are clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. There is a TV, free bottle of water and good aircon. It is in a good location and was quiet. But by far the best bit is the security guard who is cheerful and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SLM27
Cebu, Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Firstly this pension house was my second choice coz we always stay @roseate whenever my parents visits Cebu. I already made a reservation there but I forgot to ask about their senior citizen discounts, so I emailed them back w/ regard to the discount and they only gives 10%. And when I asked that isn't it supposed to be a 20% discount? Since we get to avail the 20% discount in legazpi,cdo,bacolod & bora, but roseate just replied that the only give 10%! So I cancelled my reservation there & booked w/ Robe's.

Ok back to review, the booking process was hassle free! A friend of mine in cebu called their office to ask about the senior discount (20% wc they do give) and booked us in the 3rd floor since they were full at the moment but promise to change it to the first floor since my parents are oldies =) When we arrived at the pension house the guard on duty helped us get our bags from the taxi to the lobby and to the room & smiling while doing this! The receptionist inform us that our has been change to the 1st floor (at the back of the lobby) which is a THUMBS UP for me!!! There was a freebie 1bottle of mineral water which is a first for me on a pension house accommodation. Ok for the room, all I could say is it was clean, good lighting, flat screen TV (that i like since i get to watch movies from my usb), clean CR even if it was a bit small but got no problems w/ it, cold aircon, a cabinet rack that have hangers, & a good comfy bed. The location of the pension house is excellent since it's just a walking distance to the main road where jeepney's for SM/Ayala/Sto.Nino/uptown area passes by and there's a lot of TAXI's just outside the pension house which the guard readily hailed for you. There's also a bunch of carenderia's of your choosing if on a budget & a few bakeshop.

Overall this is an excellent choice for a pension house coz its a value for your money. And I'll be staying here again!!

Room Tip: request a room on the lower floors since there's no elevator
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank charmedscorpion
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My girlfriend and me stayed there together with another couple last january 2013.

The rooms are little bit small, but they were clean. The bathroom was ok also. Service is ok, though i have had better service in other pension house in the same neighbourhood.

One disadvantage is that there is no elevator, so if you have a heavy bag, you need to carry that up. For the rest it is basic but ok value for its price ...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tom_adriaens
San Pedro, Philippines
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Reservation through emails is a breeze; very comfortable and I even requested to have our rooms at second floor. They do also entertain questions and replies within the day!
Don't just rely on them asking what jeep code to take. They will give you an advice to take a taxi instead 80% of the time.
When we arrived, our toilet is clogged but it was fixed immediately within 30 minutes. Fast and quick turnaround!
Their phone lines might have crosstalks or is not properly designated. I was calling our friends' room but I was lead to a different room; and someone called our room but they were intended for the reception.
Very helpful attendants and receptionists plus the guard greets you and opens the door for you; seems like a hotel.
I think their location and price is truly a winner!
Walking distance from Fuente Osmena Circle (about 20mins), to Colon St (about 20mins), to Cebu South Bus Terminal (about 20mins). Jeeps are everywhere at Osmena Blvd. One ride to SM Cebu and Ayala Center, to Lahug etc.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank kosherkitkit
Tagbilaran City, Philippines
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Clean room. 22" flat screen TV with cable. WIFI on every floor. I took hot shower on ground floor for 800 pesos instead of 700 for cold shower. No restaurant, but they can deliver chemical coffee and noodles to your room. Brewed coffee is available in JL Suites, just across the street. Bakeries and local restaurants in walking distance [24 hours]. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple