“Great Customised Family Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bugoy Bikers

Bugoy Bikers
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain biking tours and Outdoor Tours in the Visayas; Day tours weekend tours and longer trips around the Visayas. Join our classic 13 day bike tour or just experience Cebu, Bohol or Camotes on the bicycle.We also customize tours for your needs
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Customised Family Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

We had a great time cycling and taking in the sights at Olango Island with our 4 year old son. Thanks to Bugoy Bikers who made special effort to provide a child seat. We had 2 wonderful and friendly guides who made our day trip really memorable.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Kopiqueen1

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One week cycle tour in Bohol”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

The fact that we travelled in the " dry season " and had a lot of rain, wasn't the organisers fault. We had a fantastic time with the guides Diego and Wilter who got along very well with our teenage kids 16 and 18. Unfortunately due to heavy rain, the ferry was cancelled to go to Camiguin. But we saw a cock fight instead and stayed in a really nice resort. ( Anda White Beach Resort ).Other than Kyala'a Beach Resort the other resorts were rather basic, cold showers,poor toilet facilities. Considered the money we paid for this 7 day/6 night tour. ( 1045 Euro per head ). Cycling in Vietnam last year was much cheaper and the hotels were more comfortable.
In Jens Funk's favour ( owner ) I must add that he is doing quite some Fundraising with his Organisation. I would like to think we overpay in favour for the poor and battered people who had to endure an earth quake or the typhoon late last year and Jens is doing some great build-up work.
The food was fantastic, also the street food experience we enjoyed very much ! The Filipinos are very friendly and as mentioned before the tour guides inclusive our drivers were spectacular.

Visited January 2014
bugoybikers, Owner at Bugoy Bikers, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Hi Danielle,

thanks for your review. Great to hear you liked the tour and the guides.
You mentioned the tour was more expensive than in Vietnam. That is true, but true is also the accommodations are more expensive than in Vietnam. Yes we have some "basic" hotels, but that is due to the fact that we show you the "real" Philippines. If we stay in a jungle resort you experience nature but can not have all comfort.
Yes, we do fundraising for our foundation but that has nothing to do with the company we run. All the money for the foundation goes to the foundation.
Cheers
Jens
Miryang, South Korea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Way overpriced!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

On December 30th I took a day trip through Bugoy Bikers to tour Olango island.

Due to the fact that I was rushing to book my trip, I failed to notice that the 3,500 peso cost was per person (p.P.). This is not a complaint (it was my fault for not being thorough), however I was still shocked to find out that a day trip in the Philippines would cost almost 160 U.S. dollars. My Korean girlfriend and I had spent the previous seven days touring Bohol, Moalboal, and Oslob by motorcycle and nothing we encountered was even close to that expensive. Despite my girlfriend's reservations however I convinced her that this tour was receiving rave reviews on the internet, and must be worth the cost. Being avid bird watchers, I thought this would be the perfect way to get some awesome photos and see thousands of exotic birds. I also reminded her that this was ranked #1 among attractions in Cebu City on tripadvisor.com. She agreed to keep and open mind. Had we fully enjoyed the experience, we would not complain about the price. Unfortunately that was not the case.

First let me outline what $160 buys on the Bugoy Bikers Olango Island day tour:

- pick up at Hotel
- boat ride to Olango
- our personal tour guide, Jun
- dried mangoes and juice
- bike rental
- return trip back to hotel

activities:

- fish feeding
- bird sanctuary
- lunch
- snorkeling

Perhaps some of the less savvy customers don't realize that these activities are not sufficient to justify this cost. We on the other hand figured out early that it was a big mistake to spend our last day (and money) on this tour.

Firstly, fish feeding is not an exotic enough experience in a place like the Philippines. I can throw bread into the water from my home in Maine state in the U.S.

Secondly, and most disgracefully, the main reason we booked the tour (THE BIRDS!!!) was a complete waste. Jun nearly skipped the bird sanctuary entirely because there were no birds this time of year. But when my girlfriend expressed her outrage, he decided to save it for the end of the tour. I expected something truly breathtaking, but instead just shook my head in disbelief. Fifty birds flying around in the distance is not worth paying money to see! I saw the geese migrating from Canada from my front porch in Maine for free, and it was 1,000 times as awe inspiring.

Thirdly, and the reason my Korean girlfriend is genuinely angry, is that the area we were taken to snorkel in was unfit at the time for snorkeling. I realize the weather conditions are unpredictable. However, sending an inexperienced swimmer like my girlfriend into such rough waters to enjoy snorkeling is laughable at best, and negligent at worst. If I hadn't been there, she claims she probably would have drowned. The windy and wavy surf had her panicking and swallowing mouthfuls of salty water, and I had to spend the whole time trying to calm her and escort her back to shore. Having snorkeled Panagsama beach in Moalboal, and with the whale sharks in Oslob, this was a HUGE disappointment.

Maybe the other tours are worth the hefty price tag, but the Olango tour surely is not. If you want to spend $80 cycling around a neighborhood, this might be up your alley. Otherwise, save your money for a trip to Moalboal, rent a motorcycle (400php/day) and swim with whale sharks (1000php) and snorkel at panagsama beach (free). You can enjoy biking at home.

Visited December 2013
16 Thank clayfogg
bugoybikers, Owner at Bugoy Bikers, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thanks for your and your girlfriends review. Sad to read its negative.
We did that olango tour more than 150 times in 2013 and you are the 1st ones (at least what we know) who didnt like it.
Anyway we are open to complaints and critics coz that helps us to serve customers better. But it should be consructive critic.

if our bikes would not be in a good shape, we picked you up late,our guide would be incompetent or we didnt do the things mentioned on our itinerary that would be critics we would immediatly improve and work on.
If you say you "can bike at home" or its "only biking" you kind of not beeing open minded in regards of other peoples interests. If you dont like it "fair enough". If others like it just accept it.
U mentioned that everything we offered on our itinerary we did. Nice to hear.
Everything is public on our website: price and what we offer for it.
If you felt already its too expensive why did you book it then?
So where is the real complaint ?
U said renting a motorbike in moalboal is cheaper.We also rent out motorbikes or bikes. Why didnt u rent one and did the tour by yourself? It would also be cheaper.
We even give advise for free where to go and what to do (inclusive maps and free coffee/water).
Instead you booked an organized tour. Sure its more expensive. Coz we pick you up at the hotel bring you in an aircon car to the pier we bring the bikes also. We bring a guide.We offer you good food in an upclass beach resort and we bring you back to your hotel. We (try to) take care of everything. Like one review says "you dont have to worry about anyting they take care of everything."
You also mentioned you were disapointed with the birds you saw.
Well we are doing ecotourism and we belive in it. Birds are free and coming and going. Its a sanctuary.
Good that u also mentioned the whalesharks in oslob.
If we would be up for money dont worry we would offer that. We get 5 emails a week of people asking us if we can do the whale shark tour.
We decline coz the whale sharks in oslob is not natural its a "zoo". They get fed to be there. They got hurt and injured by the boats. We accept everybody who wants to do that but we just decided for us we dont offer it.
You also complaint about tbe snorkeling. Well i guess after you snorkeled with the whale sharks every snorkeling will be boring. Also if the sea is rough thats not our fault i guess and if you dont feel comfortable just dont go into the water. We never forced anybody to snorkel.
But the fact that you sent us an email saying "If you dont refund us 100% we will write a negative review" shows us that your complaints seems not to be real complaints but more like "having a nice tour and later get the money back".
Sorry, but we rather have a negative review than "buying votes".
We trust in what we offer and we think our tours are value for money. The rest of the reviews shows us we are on the right track.

We know we are not perfect and even our reviews are good/excellent we work everday to become better. Our slogan is "happy guest -> happy bugoys" and thats what we try to accomplish.
Seoul, South Korea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just biking? I would not recommand at all!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I used this Bugoy Trip to Olango island 4 days ago and I really want to say this trip didn't make feel any satisfaction. Of course it is only about biking, it is good because we could ride a bike but the "side events" which are fish feeding, bird sactuary(some cranes)and snorkeling(nothing to see in front of that Talima resort compared to other snorkelimg spots)are just wasting money. We could meet two other tour group in that island and asked them what events they have there. They have diving, hopping and snorkeling (riding a boat to find good spot) and I could feel that people who joined that tour were fully satisfied. If you really want to spend your money on the right things, I recommend you to find other activies not only biking with this tour company. I sincerely wish you have fun in Philippines!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank everclever
bugoybikers, Owner at Bugoy Bikers, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Hi,
thanks for your review. See our answers on our reply at your boyfriends "clayfogg" review.
Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a very pleasant day ride with Jun from Bugoy bikes. From the hotel pickup to the excellent lunch at a chill resort, the day was well planned, timed and very much enjoyed. The riding was interesting through villages and country side on the island. We saw the bird sanctuary, the new marine sanctuary and did some snorkeling. Even though it was off season we were made to feel welcome and everything we asked for was done. We even added some kilometers to the ride as we were having such a good time. I would really recommend Bugoy bikes!

Visited October 2013