“Bugoy Bikers, experience the Philippines on 2 wheels with pedals” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bugoy Bikers

Bugoy Bikers
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain biking tours and Outdoor Tours in the Visayas; Day tours weekend tours and longer trips around the Visayas. Join our classic 13 day bike tour or just experience Cebu, Bohol or Camotes on the bicycle.We also customize tours for your needs
Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bugoy Bikers, experience the Philippines on 2 wheels with pedals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Jens and his crew do an awesome job. On MTB you will explore parts of the Philippines in a special way, get in touch with the locals, see the countryside in a different way with an excellent guide who knows what he talks about.

It is worth going for this adventure on a bike tour. You will never forget the experience.

Jens: thumbs up and ride ride ride

Visited April 2013
1 Thank NikolausStumpf

Wayland, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Bugoy bike tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've traveled the world by bicycle and have been on over 30 organized bike tours. The tour run by Bugoy Bike and led by owner Jens Funk was among the best.Jens lives in the Philippines knows the language as well as being fluent in English, German and Spanish. Besides leading a splendid bike tour his intimate knowledge of the country and the ability to explain it to his clients is unmatched. An avid biker Jens is on every major tour with incredible attention to every detail. Checking into hotels, managing ferries, entrances to attractions, fixing equipment are all attended to seamlessly. I have toured with all the major bike companies and Bugoy bikes matches any of them at considerably lower cost.

Visited April 2013
Busan, South Korea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bohol - awesome 3 day bike tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I'm from Germany, work currently in South Korea and had only 4 days to get an impression of the Philippines. (my first trip)
I booked a flight to Cebu and found BugoyBikers through TripAdvisor and that was the best vacation choice I made since years.
The tour they prepared was absolutely perfect for me. They picked me up from the airport (and brought me back), I saw the world's smallest primates, went to an adventure park with a 500m long and 200m deep ZipLine, cycled to the chocolate hills, saw a men who peeled a coconut with his teeth (totally nuts) :) made a short river tour just for a homemade yogurt-Müsli in the famous "Nuts Huts" and visited also the oldest church of the Philippines.
And my personal highlight (as a hobby food hunter)……the bee farm restaurant. We stopped with the bikes on the way back from Alona Beach to Tagbilaran at this restaurant and Jens introduced some special local food to me.

Bottom-line:
3 days amazing biking routes and trails, pure mother nature, super friendly "Boholanos", small history lessons, adventure activities, special local food and a lot of fun.
I can highly recommend Jens and his Bugoy Bikers to everyone who wants to discover the Philippines per bike.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Matze_B123
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Bohol - 1 Day Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Normally I don't write reviews online but i felt compelled to write this one after a great day out! As I was only in Cebu for a short trip I thought joining this tour would be a great idea. I was picked up at my hotel by a great tour organiser by the name of Ian. We hopped on the short 50 minute ride to the Island of Bohol where everything was planned. He was very informative and put up with my moaning and groaning after realising how unfit i was. A bus follows you around for the day so if you are feeling the strain you can take a rest for 10-15 minutes. The bikes are in good condition and I met the owner of the company on the way back and you can see he is very passionate about what they are doing.

I would recommend this for any novice bike rider or experienced bike rider as there are some great views to be had throughout the islands. Well recommended.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Alistair M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“3 day bohol mtb tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I normally dont write reviews about places I go to, since most of the times there is not much to write about... in this case, I am to make an exception: Never have I had such excellent treatment. Bugoy bikers, gave my girlfriend and I, 3 unforgetable days at the tropical island of Bohol.

We had the best guide We have ever experienced, you really felt like he was your friend rather than your guide. And he so happened to have 8 years of proffesional cave experience aswell, so one day we didnt feel like biking, indtead we just went on a hike into the jungle and saw an amazing cave. (Sitting in complete darkness 200 meters in a cave with wild bats flying around you, is something I will remember)

He took good care of us. Always telling us what was going on.

He made it our tour, there was no rush, and the tour was awesome.

Highly recommended!