“a lot of choices” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Marco

Cafe Marco
Ranked #4 of 693 Restaurants in Cebu City
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
philippines
“a lot of choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our group are regular diners there. As this restaurant is located inside Marco Polo hotel, it is expected that its buffet prices are hotel prices. To temper the prices, they normally give out vouchers to regular clients, where they offer a 4+1 dining promo, which means the 5th person is free. 2nd, we use a Metrobank credit card and get an extra 15% off.

The food's quality is not perfect, but still very good. You just need to know which is which. 1st, the sushi and sashimi are very good. Although they need more consistency with the quality of their raw fish. The shellfish section is very good. The oysters and clams are big. The greens/salads are very good. The shrimp tempura is disappointing. The common style nowadays of streeetttcchhiinngg the shrimp to make it bigger than normal. Never fail to order from the grilled section, more so with their beef, and seafood. Our group always order grilled salmon head, but its not displayed and you have to ask for it. Their chinese section is good, although their dimsums are small in sizes. It would be nicer if the dimsums on a per piece were bigger. The other selections on chafing dishes are varied and always change from day to day. The noodle soup section is very good. The taste will depend with you as you are the one who puts the condiment on your soup bowl, don't blame the cook. Their dessert section has a lot of choices.Try their choco chip cookies when they are newly/recently cooked.
If there is someone celebrating a birthday, don't forget to inform a staff. They will serve you a small chocolate cake and several of them will sing you happy birthday. They can also pack your cake and bring home with you.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank al22tecc

• Korean first
philippines
“Wonderful service but food was nothing exceptional”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

It was my 40th birthday in November 2011 and we decided to try Cafe Marco since we read nice reviews about their buffet.
I had high expectations about their food that's why I guess I was a little disappointed that it wasn't up there on my yummy meter! :) Was thinking it would be better than Feria's or Familia's but it wasn't. There was a wide array of food to choose from which was good it's just it didn't taste as well as I've read.
But I had to commend the service tho. It was excellent! The service crew was quick and attentive. They were friendly but not overly so. They were able to cater to the needs of my mom and my son. I love that. It is a family friendly place.
Ohh one yummy thing they did serve was the birthday (slice) cake I received :) We were stuffed so I had it for take out after taking a photo. :)
We would definitely go back-- just for that chocolate cake! :) :)

• Visited November 2011