“A great refuge near Ayala Mall”

Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Ranked #8 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I had a day to kill between a trip to the islands and my flight from Cebu. I wanted a big, modern, clean hotel to counteract my 10 days of staying on remote islands with no plumbing, and I found it at Quest.

It was so nice to get into an elevator and head up to a large, spacious, well appointed room. Once I entered my room, I didn't want to leave. The bed was very comfortable and everything else was good. No complaints.

My only hang up was the the gym is somewhere in the car park. To get access as a hotel guest, you have to get some validation paper from your front desk, take it to the front desk of the residences and have them approve you, then you walk through the labyrinth of the parking garage to this little room where you have a small gym. Oh, and you have to do this bureaucracy every time you want to go back to the gym.

Walking 5 minutes (under the overpass) you can reach the huge Ayala Centre. I spent hours and hours there escaping the heat, shopping for everything I wanted and eating some tasty foreign foods (for many westerners like myself, you can only eat so much white rice before you just can't take it anymore, sometimes you just want a burrito or a pizza. After a few weeks, you don't care what that says about you.)

Same comment goes for the hotel. Don't hate yourself because you're not staying in an 'authentic', 'local', place. Sometimes you need a break from nipa huts with no running water. Well, look no further. Come to Quest, clean yourself up, eat some good food, drink coffee that's not instant, and then get back out there and explore all the Philippines has to offer.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Scott W
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Hello Scott,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at our hotel. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

My team and I are thrilled to read such a wonderful review. Your excellent comments about our services and facilities inspired us to continually look for ways to further delight all our guests.
Rest assured that your comments regarding the gym will be looked into in order for us to find ways to improve.

It's nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us before you went out to explore the rest of the Philippines. We are honored to be part of that adventure!

We are looking forward to your next stay with us!

There are newer reviews for Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Was very impressed with the Quest hotel. Great hotel, great room, excellent pool. It is located right next to a fantastic mall with plenty of food options. When we arrived at the Quest we were ready to lounge around the hotel and do very little, the Quest is the perfect place for this.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kwatene
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Hi kwatene,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center-Cebu. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

If I travel to Cebu we always stay here coz we liked it. Everything was very good. just don't know why our recent stay looks like it grrr... 1. We asked for service water to the room, first 2 days was okay, the next day it was charged already.. what does it mean? Policy changes automatically?? 2. We ordered pizza delivery to be delivered in our room, I am sick that time & pizza is just beside the hotel, the concierge rang me saying food outside should be picked from the lobby... I went down just to get my food from the delivery man who is waiting outside the entrance if they just informed us before I should go and order it coz its just across the hotel..was really crossed that time. 3. Take long in answering phone calls. So far there will hotel staffs that we could recommend for good services. Reception "JACK ", restaurant "RONALD" both recognized us, service are efficient and with great smiles. Mostly staffs in the restaurant are very good but Ronald stands out coz of good looks and height. So far we have schedules booked in September hope our concerns will be taken cared..Tnx

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank 134nats

Hello 134nats,

I am sorry if your stay fell short of your expectations. Rest assured that I have noted your comments and took necessary actions to ensure that similar incidents will not happen in the future. It's nice to know that our staff has made a good impression during your stay. We greatly appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Really good location in Cebu, very central to Cebu Business Park and Ayala mall. Check in was quick and efficient and lobby was quite nice with a boutique hotel feel to it. However the room and bathroom interiors was not at similar standard to the lobby but nevertheless it was very clean and had everything you needed. Service was fantastic, I had a complaint about my first room, I was out the whole day and night and when I came back in the morning it really smelled 'funny', I don't want to describe the exact smell here but let's just say I wouldn't be able to stand four days in that room. I called customer service and they changed my room (albeit a few hours later) with no questions asked. Second room was much better but it makes me wonder why did the first room smell so bad? Breakfast buffet is good especially if you like Filipino food but if you don't then I guess you can be happy with eggs and pancakes. Downside to breakfast is that the exhaust system of the restaurant is very poor and the whole area smells of food. So once you get out of breakfast your clothes and hair smell of greasy food. I walked in there again for lunch one time and it was the same problem so I think it's an exhaust system issue.

Anyway, would recommend this hotel because it's a very good price for what you get. But if you're looking for something a little more luxurious you should look elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank junebug75
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Hi junebug75,

I have shared your kind comments to our team members since this will serve as our motivation to continually delight all our guests.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with regards to the smell in the room and the exhaust at the restaurant. Rest assured that I have noted your comments and took necessary actions to ensure that similar incidents will not happen in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 12 nights in a business trip. Conveniently located near both the IT Park and Cebu business Park as well as Ayala mall.

Service was mixed. The concierges and door staff were great and remembered your name. Service over the phone not so great....

I had a few challenges to my stay:
- luke warm showers
- connectivity was intermittent so difficult to skype home
- was called up at 930pm and asked to move rooms/change floors that night!
- new room I moved to had the lights blown and safe didn't work. Needed a handyman to come up and fix at 10pm in my pajamas

However in saying that, honestly apart from the hot water I had no real dramas. The staff were friendly. Rooms sufficient, I used their car hire service (expensive but worth it for my off the beaten track trip).

This place is frequented by business people and holiday makers alike.

I chose it bc of the good price so can't complain too much.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank AliciaPark
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Hello AliciaPark,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with the hotel. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.
We also regret the fact that you encountered some problems such as the hot shower, transfer of rooms and WiFi connection. Rest assured that we have discussed this with the concerned departments for immediate action.

The hotel is committed to providing quality facilities and good service to all our guests and all the things you have shared has encouraged us to take extra measures to further improve our system and services.

We wish you all the best! We look forward to be of further service to you in the near future.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I like the location of the hotel because it is near Ayala Center Cebu and other malls. All the staffs were very approachable and always smiling. My stay in Cebu last January for Sinulog festival became more fun because of my stay in Quest Hotel...... :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Hello Kristineeeeee,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a feedback! We are so pleased to hear from you! Quest Hotel is indeed conveniently located in one of the more accessible parts
of Cebu City. We are truly fortunate in that regard and that the convenience of the location extends to our guests.
It's nice to know that our staff played an important role in making your stay a comfortable and enjoyable experience.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is a top notch hotel in a great location. Staff was very helpful and friendly. We had a some issues with our aircon but it was quickly taken care of. The mall is only about a 5 minute walk which made dining easy. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Hello Bethany,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know that our staff contributed to your satisfactory stay with us.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the a/c but rest assured that we are taking actions in order to avoid similar incidents in the future.

Once again, thank you so much. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.