“Mixed-up Inconsistent Hospitality "though"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quest Cebu

Quest Cebu
Ranked #7 of 83 Hotels in Cebu City
Legazpi
“Mixed-up Inconsistent Hospitality "though"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Felt so safe the moment I stepped in with the security doing some checking and later after a mall trip, the security seems to immediately recognize their guests, no more of the inspection rituals rather gives a smile of recognition. Ours was an anniversary trip…so I requested for a surprise complimentary drink or tiny cake or cupcake for my partner, and I was surprise they don’t offer such. So instead I ordered for a couple of house wine which they’ve placed on a rectangular platter with the greetings (Chocolate and fondant flower). I found out after a day that my friend sent a cake which we never received…or the least that could be done was not to accept it if they can’t bring it to our room or notify us. Now with the good points, very good location, walking distance to Ayala Center, equipped with the basic amenities, very good breakfast buffet( I might forget, except for the not so efficient exhaust, the food smell sticks) , great business center ( very helpful staff), mall shuttle service schedule (great if we had the whole family with us) and the nice big sofa chairs at the lobby. Inside our neat rooms, good bed and two pillows were just too soft, wish we had four on a matrimonial bed. They gave us a corner room, and getting a good view though inside a hotel is always a plus. We’re happy though, very good value…we’re coming back

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank betchay29
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Betchay 29,

Thank you very much for staying in Quest. We really appreciate the straight forward comments and for taking the time to share it with us.

Quest Hotel is indeed conveniently located in one of the more accessible parts of Cebu City. We are truly fortunate in that regard and that the convenience of the location extends to our guests.

We normally give complimentary drink or cake for guests celebrating a special occasion. I sincerely apologize that our staff was remiss in handling your request. We also regret the fact that you were not able to receive the cake from your friend. Rest assured that we have discussed this with the concerned department for immediate action.

We are very grateful that despite the disappointments you still find many aspects of our hotel satisfactory.

We look forward to having you back at the hotel again soon. For your future visit, please email me directly at cebueam@quest-hotels.com.

Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Modern, new, clean, located in the city center, good & attentive service, and fast wifi. All checks! Mid sized hotel mainly for business travellers. The interiors were like a business-botique type. Bed was super comfortable--soft yet firm. And my corner room with the floor to ceiling windows had a fantastic night panaroma of the city of Cebu . Buffet breakfast also had a good spread, although the buffet stations were not properly laid out/ too spread out. Ayala mall is also just across, although just need to walk a few meters for the pedestrian crossing. Excellent business hotel!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank travelbugph
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center-Cebu. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

My team and I are thrilled to read such a wonderful review. Your excellent comments about our services and facilities inspired us to continually look for ways to further delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We booked the Balikbayan package on line. This package requires a two night minimum stay which includes breakfast. The package covers two adults and two children under 12 (I think). When we got there, my family decided to join us. As such, I had my mother and my sister as well as my 9 year old daughter with me. We originally booked a one bedroom with king size bed for two nights. We chose this hotel as it is very close to my 82 year old aunt's home which is the reason why we made a stop in Cebu. When we got there, I was upfront about having extra adult in the room. Right then and there, I was told that I have to pay P1000 extra per night but no extra will be added - no roll-away bed, no extra towels nor extra breakfast. I was a little bit taken aback by the extra charge when there were only 4 of us and the difference would be that the fourth member of our party is an adult not a child. I was not asking for extra breakfast as I was ready to pay the P500 per person for the breakfast had they not told me to pay the P1000 per night. We decided to go home the following day due to this or move to a different hotel. Told reception on the first night that we will only stay for a night and want a refund for the 2nd night we booked. Not only was I told, there will be no refund as I booked on line, if we eat breakfast at the hotel, I have to pay extra for the 3rd adult in our group. Needless to say, we ate breakfast elsewhere (total cost for the 4 of us was under P500), stayed only one night and no refund. This was the third city we visited during this trip. (Bohol - Bohol Tropics - exceptional service. Palawan - Hotel Centro - the best) Unfortunately, it did not take Quest Hotel long to burst the happy and contented bubble I was in. Yes, the hotel was clean - I'll give them that but the overall experience left a really bad taste I can't forget anytime soon. I am not asking would be customers to stay away or stay here but I just want to warn anyone who would like to stay here to be aware of what you are getting especially when you book on line.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank M L
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear ML,

First of all I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you've encountered during your stay with us. I am really sorry that we were not able to handle your concerns appropriately. It could have been a happy culmination to an otherwise perfect trip if only we were able to accommodate your request.

Truly your disappointment is understandable and there are no proper words to assauge it. However, please allow me to tell you that our balikbayan package is a " minimum two night stay" package and cancelling the remainder of the stay is not permitted. Nevertheless, it can always be arranged depending on the reason of cancellation. There are guidelines that we also have to follow to facilitate the refund. And perhaps that is where the issue got mishandled. But rest assured that that what you’ve mentioned are well taken and being addressed as soon and as quickly as possible.

Thank you once again for your comment and for giving us a chance to improve on our service and facilities.

We hope to be given another chance to serve you better in the near future. For your future bookings, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me through my email address at cebueam@quest-hotels.com so I could personally attend to your room requirements.

Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu
Twain Harte, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Good value,good room,great location for a shopper like myself. Across the street from a large newer mall. Staff was friendly and helpful,all smiles and very well dressed. The food was great and cheap. Not too noisy for a downtown hotel. Best hotel bed I've slept in ever. AC worked well and not too noisy. I will stay there again during my next trip to Cebu!

Room Tip: Great views of the city from upper floors.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank skimanjayole
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I have shared your kind comments to our team members since this will serve as our inspiration to continually delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

To be clear: I'm a fan of small hotels. I like the intimacy of them, and I enjoy getting familiar with the staff and fellow visitors. I think this is less likely in a large hotel like Quest, but I booked it anyway because of the great deal I got. Turns out the deal I got was even better, because my room was upgraded to a suite at no cost. And I wound up loving this hotel despite wanting to hate it.

I stayed here for 4 nights with my mum. The executive suite was quite nice, with a receiving area and separate bedroom (both of which had flat screen TVs). The bed was huge -- California king -- with soft pillows and crisp bedding. The AC worked well, and everything was spotless.

The service was top-notch. We needed luggage service upon check in and check out, and it was very, very prompt (and much appreciated). You have to go through security to get into the hotel, which is kind of a pain but appreciated. All staff I encountered during my stay were very friendly and helpful, but not in an over-the-top fake sort of way; just genuine Filipino friendliness.

The breakfast buffet was huge -- too big for my taste -- but it was nice to have a variety of food to choose from every day. Most of it was good; not great, but good. If it hadn't been included in the great rate I got, I would have skipped it on most days.

We ordered room service once. Again, service was prompt, and the food was good. Not great, but good. But honestly, I've been to few hotels where room service food makes you say, "Wowzer!" so I wasn't bothered by it at all. Some have complained about the price of food in comparison to the room. I agree with that, but it's still cheaper than what you would pay in the U.S. or Europe, and the quality of food (especially seafood) is much better.

I smoke, so I hung out in the pool area every day. It's a very pleasant area to just sit and relax. I never used the pool, as I had just returned from Palawan and was all swum out.

The guests were a mix of Asian, European, Filipino and American tourists. It's a big hotel, so it always felt a bit busy for my taste, but I loved it anyway.

Being located across from Ayala is more awesome than you might think. I know that most Westerners think "I don't want to go to a mall when I'm in the Philippines!" but Ayala really is a nice respite from the heat and dust, and because it is a center point of activity for Cebuanos, it actually does give you some insight into local culture. There are good markets in the mall (Rustan's & Metro), as well as coffee shops, restaurants and dessert places. My mom and I liked Cafe Laguna for its healthy, "clean" versions of Filipino food and small-ish portions.

Oh yeah, my room was on the 18th floor and the wifi worked great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Love this hotel! Stayed here twice with family and both times they allowed us to check in early. Hotel is clean, modern and conveniently located in a great area -- right across Ayala Mall and Metro Gaisano grocery. The hotel staff and the customer service they extend is stellar! Everyone from housekeeping, resto/in-room dining, security to front desk are very friendly, polite and helpful. I left my cellphone during our first stay in the hotel and when we returned few days later, I was able to get it back from the manager who held it for safekeeping. But hats off to their wonderful chef who agreed to make an off-the-menu dish for us, much appreciated! It was a simple dish of arroz caldo but it mattered a lot as I was sick that time and could only eat soft meals. Overall, we had a pleasant stay in this hotel and would definitely recommend to anyone traveling to Cebu.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Vigan, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Me and my friends visited Cebu last month for our "barkada" getaway. We stayed at Quest hotel and booked for 2 rooms. We requested to have it on the same floor or near each other but the receptionist recommended a connecting room which is so much better for our barkada bonding. (We did appreciate this gesture!) Our package does not include breakfast but we were given a discounted rate of Php500.00 per peson. Breakfast was good, many options to choose from and I love their chicken tocino. Quest location is perfect!! It's near Ayala mall (one of the biggest malls in Cebu) and its so accessible to bars and restaurants. It's also near to a pasalubong center where we bought some Cebu delicacies for our families.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends