“Excellent!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 86 Hotels in Cebu City
Manila
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Hotel's location is easy to find. Just across Ayala Center Cebu where you can get anything you need. They also provide free shuttle services to Ayala mall, Crimson Resort and other places. Price is also reasonable for the amenities guests can avail of. The beds and rooms are well maintained. Although, you need to request for the dental kit should you need one.
Service is also excellent as personnel takes care of your needs.

Only thing I can say is the check-in and check out time. It's too late and early respectively. Check-in time is 3PM, check-out is 11AM.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I have shared your kind comments to our team members since this will serve as our inspiration to continually delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Literally a few steps away from the Ayala Terraces mall, solving any hankering for convenient food options. The service is great, the staff were all friendly, one even made sure I settled comfortably as soon as I checked in to my room. Although I didn't stay long in the room save for tucking in at night, but everything was generally what you'd expect at its price point. One thing that bugged me was wifi connection in the room kept fluctuating, although they did make sure to send their IT person asap when I called to ask about it. I was also advised ahead of time that I was there during a peak weekend (Ironman triathlon competition) and that I I had a flight to catch I cab to the airport earlier than I normally would have, they sure saved me what would have been a near miss.

• Stayed August 2013

Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Quest Hotel is a brand new hotel right beside the sprawling SM mall and in the thick of major redevelopment of the 'Second' city of the Philippines. We booked through one of the comparison sites and got a truly superb deal.

We arrived early and our room wasn't available (which is fine) but we thought there could have been more to do while we waited. The reception area isn't particularly exciting - maybe we should have asked to go poolside and relax there till they were ready for us - lesson learned.

From memory I think we were in room 571 - a corner room at the end of a corridor. It was a slightly better than basic room and was fine. It had a small balcony too which was a bonus. What can I say more about the room - it did everything you would expect a hotel room to do, was big enough without being huge.

A common complaint of mine in the Philippines is horrendous wifi and this was no exception. When I complained to reception they shrugged their shoulders and said it was likely to remain that way because the hotel was full and there were likely lots of users sharing the service - not good enough - if that is the case then you should have a better service. Later, extremely frustrated by the lack of internet which I need to work I called the manager to illustrate to him how often I was losing VPN connection. He came promptly and promised to have a booster put in our room next day. He did and it seemed to improve things a little but the basic question is why Philippine hotels do not get adequate coverage to allow fast broadband speeds in the first place (not a complaint specific to Quest, Cebu).

We stayed an extra night which illustrates that we were pretty happy and comfortable where we were. We also do not always eat in hotels however we did on two occasions here and it was very good indeed - really enjoyed it.

It has a pool but we never used it.

One complaint - we were in a corner room with two balcony's, one accessible and one not. The one that wasn't readily accessible (but cleaners could easily get to it) was filthy. Dirty rags, a beer bottle, and general dirt. Not good. I always wonder what other 'dirt' is hidden from view when you 'discover' neglected areas. I reported this to the duty manager who helped with the wifi and I'm sure it was dealt with immediately we left but still a little disappointing.

So the usual question - would we go back - absolutely! At the prices we got it would be cheaper than renting a condo so we could be there long-term! Staff were good. Enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Our room (571 from memory) was OK but I would have preferred a much higher floor.
Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Arthur G

Seattle, Washington, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I don't think I have ever been made to feel more welcome at any other hotel. I was travelling with two kids, and the friendly treatment was extended to all three of us. All the staff would greet us with smiles and a hand over their heart. The front desk staff handed us keys, receipts, etc., in a formal two-handed presentation. One of my kids was 11 (but looks much older than a Filipino 11 year old), and the restaurant staff enquired about the kids ages to ensure that he got the kid discount. We used the Quest hotel as a hub for our travels and ended up checking in four different times over a 2 week period, and everybody (including the security staff outside the hotel) wished us "welcome back" whenever we returned. I was impressed with everyone on the staff that we encountered, but the only names I remember at this point are Jack and Leah from the front desk.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank privrusa
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Privrusa,

We, the management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center-Cebu are truly delighted to receive a very positive response from a valued guest. Thank you very much! We really appreciate it.

Rest assured that we will continually provide you and your family with Quest’s unique brand of hospitality whenever you are here with us.

Once again, thank you for choosing us to be part of your sojourn in Cebu. We look forward to serving you once more in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Lovely location with mall opposite that also has a really nice area with lots of restaurants.
Pool/pool bar area was really good in both the day time and evening
Excellent room, everything you could need was available, fair laundry prices, great breakfast buffet, staff were brilliant
Would definitely return to this hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Emily & Meg,

Thank you very much for a wonderful review of our hotel. We are glad to learn that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel.

Quest Hotel and Conference Center’s excellent location is a great plus factor for us and a terrific bonus for guests especially for those who really love shopping. Our property is located right across one of the city's premier shopping malls , with direct access to Cebu's business district, tourist attractions and trendy night spots.

Once again, thank you for giving us the chance to be of service to you. We look forward to having you back at the hotel again soon.

Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

New hotel nice and clean very at.tractive and good rate. Located near Ayala has a nice pool and friendly staff. There is a nice restaurant downstairs though expensive the Puso was very friendly and food was great

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center-Cebu. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

My team and I are thrilled to read such a wonderful review. Your excellent comments about our services, food and facilities inspired us to continually look for ways to further delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Quest Cebu recently for one night on our way into the Philippines and a further night before leaving. After spending the night before sleeping on chairs in singapore airport Quest Cebu was exactly what we needed. The hotel was beautiful and clean and the staff were extremely helpful and polite. We both enjoyed a massage at the hotel which was fantastic (value for money for sure) and whilst we didn't have time to go in it we did check out the pool which looked lovely.

The hotel drivers were incredibly helpful, we didn't really know what we were doing when we got transferred to the ferry terminal and he was able to take us where we needed to go to get the tickets, wait for us and then take us to the terminal door.

The buffet breakfast which was included was delicious so much food and so many different types that there is something for everyone. There was the typical breakfast foods like bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes or omlette then there was a huge selection of pastries and fresh fruit and savory meals like rice and curry. We had the buffet dinner as well which was value for money so much to choose from and the food was of a very high quality.

I can't rave enough about the excellent staff and service at Quest Cebu and should my partner and I come to the Philippines again we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zoe B
Dear Zoe B,

Thank you very much for the very kind words. Please accept our heartfelt appreciation on behalf of the Management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center. We are very happy to know that your experience here was enjoyable and we accomplished our goal in taking good care of you.

We are also delighted to hear that our staff efficiently played an important role in making your stay pleasant and memorable , and the fact that you enjoyed the food here in Quest will encourage us to continually serve you better in every possible way we can.

We look forward to having you back at the hotel again soon.