“Great Location”

Ranked #9 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Location”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed 3 nights last February. Hotel is across the Ayala center. Big rooms and nice breakfast. A front desk clerk took 25 minutes to have my room opened when I forgot my key card in the room. Had to come down twice before a concierge guy eventually replaced my card which I don't want for my spouse has another working key card. Window was broken the first night so I was able to hear the traffic noise all night but they fixed it next day. Otherwise I will stay here again because of location and center to everything.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for less noise and better view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank monkeywonkey
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear monkeywonkey,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with the hotel. Quest Hotel is indeed conveniently located in one of the more accessible parts of Cebu City. We are truly fortunate in that regard and that the convenience of the location extends to our guests.

We also regret the fact that you encountered some problems with your key card . Rest assured that we have discussed this with the concerned department for immediate action.

We will look forward to your next trip to Cebu and hope that you will stay with us again.

Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for a week in February and stayed in Room 717. The hotel does offer some good deals, but I booked through booking.com, which was even cheaper then the hotels website, (which offered up to 60% off).

For some reason, even though my booking was prepaid, there is an incidental deposit of 1000php (per night), upon check in but you will get a refund when you check out.

Seeing that the hotel is new, it was quite clean and well kept. There is security as you enter the hotel, as well as a sniffer dog, but every time I went/ left the hotel, the dog was asleep.

I found my room to be well cleaned and quite roomy. At check in I was told that I was to receive Room 817, but instead scored 717. I did have a balcony, but it looked mainly at the hotel next door, but I still had a great view of the mountains to the left and the city to the right.

The room consisted of a king size bed and a LCD TV with about 80 channels. My only gripe was they could of sound proofed the walls a bit more, as there was a baby crying in the room next to me and we could clearly hear it!

Now, I have been to the Philippines twice now, and twice I have been mucked around at check in. When I finally got to the hotel, I was told that my room wasn't cleaned yet and that it had a view of the pool. I then had to wait nearly an hour and a half before I could receive my room at 4pm, of which it didn't have a view of the pool, (of which I didn't care). Other than this I couldn't find any fault with staff who where friendly and courteous.

The hotel is located across the road from the Ayala shopping centre. Good luck with trying to cross the road! Luckily the hotel run a shuttle to all 3 of the main shopping centers in Cebu.

There is a multitude of taxis waiting out front to take you where you want to go. The hotel doesn't really offer tours and you would be better off getting a taxi driver to take you where you want to go, as its easier and cheaper than the hotel driver.I ended up meeting one who was really friendly and non pushy. If you want his number, send me a message and I will forward it onto you.

There aren't many places to eat around the hotel. The hotel does have a lovely eatery located within the hotel, but other than this, there is a great Korean place around the corner or you have a multitude of places at Ayala. The breakfast and lunch at the Quest were great, with more than enough choice to keep people happy.

Overall though, I was happy with my stay at the Quest Cebu.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dan A
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center-Cebu. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I regret that you experienced dissatisfaction during your stay with us. Rest assured that I have noted your comments and took necessary actions to ensure that similar incidents will not happen in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

cebu city
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Accomodation: very clean as everything is fairly new, the pillows and bed were very comfy, you have everything you need in your room, wifi was great even at the 15th floor, i like that the bathroom has a hairdryer, although i don't like that water from the shower comes out to the door. Makes the floor messy. But they sure know about this issue as there is a towel prepared on the floor near the bathroom door. My son loves the floor mat. I love that the room has a coffee making facility as we needed hot water to sterilize baby stuff.

Pool: could get crowded especially the kiddie pool as it is just really small. I noticed that People tend to chill and laze around the pool all day long. Good time would be in the morning when everyone is busy with breakfast.

Hotel and staff: hotel staff are all very helpful and accommodating. Check in time is 3pm but we were able to check in around 11am. There is an incidental deposit of 1000php upon check in but it is no big deal as you will get a refund for sure if you do not incur any incidental charges. One time the key card did not work and we had to go back to the reception from the 15th flr which is not so convenient. I wish they had an internal phone on each floor (maybe near the elevator) so we can just call the front desk if ever key card fails. The lobby is not crowded and the seats are very comfy. The hotel building is right across the Ayala PUJ terminal. You will have to walk a few meters away so you can cross the street but you will need to be careful. I think it will help if there is a traffic enforcer so people can safely cross the street. But you have the option to take the scheduled shuttle service to Ayala or SM.

Breakfast buffet: so many options i got confused what to eat at first. love it. My favorite would be their very tasty scrambled eggs shaped in triangles and banana muffins! I also love that they have congee. Perfect for my baby boy.

Overall: great value for what I paid. It pays to book in advance. Take advantage of their promo rates.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank pinay_xansu
Dear pinay_xansu,

Thank you very much for the very kind words. Please accept our heartfelt appreciation on behalf of the Management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center. We are very happy to know that your experience here was enjoyable and we accomplished our goal in taking good care of you.

Please be assured that the safety and security of our valued guests is always our main concern and we are giving this our utmost attention. We have already coordinated with the City government for the provisions of pedestrian facilities however , until it is done we advise our guests to use the pedestrian located just a few meters away from the hotel.

Thank you once again for giving us an opportunity to serve you and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Almeria, Spain
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel opened last year it took some time to finsh but now you can enjoy a new kid in town near Ayala shopping centre. The entrance is well guarded , including a sniffer dog. So it must be priity safe. Cebu has changed a lot since the first time I got here in 1981. Luxuary hotels were very few but now you can make a choice. Quest hotel is one of them. Either for business or leisure, we can recommend this hotel. The restaurent offers a wide range of self service dishes from different continents and a menu choice as well. The breakfast is somewhat on the expensive side. Room service is professional and friendly but this is very common in the Philippines. You feel at home. The frontdesk is somewhat on the small size. I wonder if many people want to check out at the same time how long this will take, just 3 persons to help you.
We would return again for sure. Rooms are spacy and up to date on latest technology

Room Tip: I think all rooms are overlooking the city quit nice, if you like city vieuws
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ejrobberts
Dear EJrobberts,

Greetings from Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments on Trip Advisor. We are glad to learn that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel.

Your recognition of our efforts encourage us to continually serve you better in every possible way we can.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Cebu
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a nice, pretty new hotel. Its location is pretty much in the center of Cebu city. Traffic in the area is awful, but that is pretty much the story with Cebu city in general.
The rooms are nice, and the physical upkeep is very good. The breakfast Buffett is really very good, however if you’d like to get any service with your breakfast – like a cup of coffee – get there before 8am. We ate there twice at 9am and never could get a waiter to bring us coffee once, and the other time we did manage to request coffee and water, but never got any before we finished our meal. Any time after 0830, you should anticipate hordes of people vacuuming up the buffet tables and a staff that is struggling just to keep the rice steamers full.
Room service is similarly challenged. On all but one occasion room service failed to deliver all menu items that were ordered.
Check-out can be a lengthy process if you attempt it anywhere around the final check out time. The hotel advises that you allow at least one hour for check out – absolutely ridiculous.
This is a nice place, just across the street from Ayala mall. The physical facility is certainly worth the 3 start rating, without doubt. The service…. That’s a different story in my opinion.
I’ll stay elsewhere next week when I have to return to Cebu.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast early if you'd like to eat in peace with a chance of service
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank RichardCebu
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear RichardCebu,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your views about our hotel. Quest Hotel is indeed conveniently located in one of the more accessible parts of Cebu City. We are truly fortunate in that regard and that the convenience of the location extends to our guests.

Our hotel was full to capacity during your stay. The bulk of check-out happens from 10:00am to 12:30PM. We were having quite a challenge owing to the streams of guests checking in and out at that time.

Of course the above is a convenient excuse and we really feel that we could have done our best to serve but failed. Admittedly we were remiss on many fronts like Rooms Service failure to deliver the ordered items and the slow refill of food during breakfast time. On behalf of the Management and staff of Quest Hotel Conference Center, Cebu, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you.

At any rate, we would like to thank you for the forthright comments. We are addressing all your concerns. We will try our best to do better next time.

Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed for 3 days and 2 nights at this fairly new hotel. The hotel is very chic and modern, very contemporary. It was not too big and was not too small for a 3 star hotel. There were many foreign tourists mainly from China. It was busy but not that noisy. Arrived early in the morning and was expecting not to be given any rooms but the hotel was gracious enough to give me one. Upon arriving at the door of my room, the lock did not open. I suspected that the magnetic card did not work because I placed it in a bag together with my cellphone. Luckily housekeeping staff were there and gracious enough to help me open the door.

The room was good but had a lousy view made even lousier by the very dirty windows. Good thing it was clean and has a complete array of amenities including LCD TV and a mini ref. My only complain was the bed. It was too small for me. But nevertheless, it was very comfortable. The door lock problem persisted and upon reporting to the engineering department, it was rebooted and voila, working again! The concierge personnel was a big help to make it happen.

Had dinner at the Puso Bistro downstairs, and the buffet for P549 nett (weekends) and P499 nett the other days, it was a steal! Food was superb and delicious! The breakfast buffet menu was also extensive and just right.

Getting a taxi here is a breeze as there is a taxi stand right in front the lobby door. Walking to the nearby Ayala Center with its array of stores is surely a great plus!~

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank crispypata
Dear crispypata,

Thank you very much for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to know that your experience here was enjoyable and we accomplished our goal in taking good care of you.

We are also delighted to hear that our staff efficiently played an important role in making your stay pleasant and memorable , and the fact that you enjoyed the food here in Quest will encourage us to continually serve you better in every possible way we can.

With regard to the dirty windows, please be assured that the window cleaning of our guest rooms is ongoing.

Once again, thank you for giving us the chance to be of service to you. We look forward to having you back at the hotel again soon.

Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Although our room was already paid in full in advance, we were asked for a deposit of P1000 per night upon check in. I didn't like it, but had no choice but to hand over my credit card. We'd also specified a king-sized bed in our reservation, but unfortunately didn't get one.

PROS:
* Across the mall, Ayala Center, although we preferred to drive over rather than cross the busy street;
* Fairly new hotel, so everything is fairly clean;
* In-room wifi;
* Good water pressure;
* Shampoo, soap, bath gel, cotton buds provided;
* Comfortable bed;
* Housekeeping staff were quick to respond;
* Tasty dinner buffet spread, breakfast buffet was ok.

CONS:
* AC filter needs cleaning. It takes some time to cool the room. Surfaces also get really dusty even just a few minutes after cleaning/wiping them. I cringe at the thought of sleeping in and breathing in all that dust.
* Service needs improvement. Breakfast wasn't included in our room rate. It might have been a case of miscommunication and I understand that it was a busy morning, but I immediately lost my appetite when one of the staff presented me with the bill in the middle of breakfast.

Overall, a good experience. We'd stay here again, and would really like the deposit policy waived for fully paid reservations. Some guests -- like me -- prefer to settle bills immediately rather than to charge items & services to the room. Also, please clean the AC filter.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jade820
Dear Jade820,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with the hotel. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

The deposit of P1000 per night is for your incidental expenses and is refundable upon check-out. However, this is optional. Our guest can choose to have "a cash basis arrangement" with the hotel.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for all the inconvenience that this has caused you.
Comments and suggestions for the continued patronage of our services are greatly valued. Please be assured always that what you have mentioned , are well taken and being addressed as soon and as quickly as possible.