Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wellcome Hotel(Cebu Island)
View Hotel
Red Planet Cebu(Cebu City)
Harolds Hotel(Cebu City)
3,171 results
All reviewsayala mallbreakfast buffetcorner roomswimming poolpleasant staybusiness tripmini barchecking inenjoyed my stayearly checkdeluxe roompusosecurityconciergetaxiphilippinesslippers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a nice, pretty new hotel. Its location is pretty much in the center of Cebu city. Traffic in the area is awful, but that is pretty much the story with Cebu city in general.
The rooms are nice, and the physical upkeep is very good. The breakfast Buffett is really very good, however if you’d like to get any service with your breakfast – like a cup of coffee – get there before 8am. We ate there twice at 9am and never could get a waiter to bring us coffee once, and the other time we did manage to request coffee and water, but never got any before we finished our meal. Any time after 0830, you should anticipate hordes of people vacuuming up the buffet tables and a staff that is struggling just to keep the rice steamers full.
Room service is similarly challenged. On all but one occasion room service failed to deliver all menu items that were ordered.
Check-out can be a lengthy process if you attempt it anywhere around the final check out time. The hotel advises that you allow at least one hour for check out – absolutely ridiculous.
This is a nice place, just across the street from Ayala mall. The physical facility is certainly worth the 3 start rating, without doubt. The service…. That’s a different story in my opinion.
I’ll stay elsewhere next week when I have to return to Cebu.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast early if you'd like to eat in peace with a chance of service
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank RichardCebu
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear RichardCebu,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your views about our hotel. Quest Hotel is indeed conveniently located in one of the more accessible parts of Cebu City. We are truly fortunate in that regard and that the convenience of the location extends to our guests.

Our hotel was full to capacity during your stay. The bulk of check-out happens from 10:00am to 12:30PM. We were having quite a challenge owing to the streams of guests checking in and out at that time.

Of course the above is a convenient excuse and we really feel that we could have done our best to serve but failed. Admittedly we were remiss on many fronts like Rooms Service failure to deliver the ordered items and the slow refill of food during breakfast time. On behalf of the Management and staff of Quest Hotel Conference Center, Cebu, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you.

At any rate, we would like to thank you for the forthright comments. We are addressing all your concerns. We will try our best to do better next time.

We will look forward to your next trip to Cebu and hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed for 3 days and 2 nights at this fairly new hotel. The hotel is very chic and modern, very contemporary. It was not too big and was not too small for a 3 star hotel. There were many foreign tourists mainly from China. It was busy but not that noisy. Arrived early in the morning and was expecting not to be given any rooms but the hotel was gracious enough to give me one. Upon arriving at the door of my room, the lock did not open. I suspected that the magnetic card did not work because I placed it in a bag together with my cellphone. Luckily housekeeping staff were there and gracious enough to help me open the door.

The room was good but had a lousy view made even lousier by the very dirty windows. Good thing it was clean and has a complete array of amenities including LCD TV and a mini ref. My only complain was the bed. It was too small for me. But nevertheless, it was very comfortable. The door lock problem persisted and upon reporting to the engineering department, it was rebooted and voila, working again! The concierge personnel was a big help to make it happen.

Had dinner at the Puso Bistro downstairs, and the buffet for P549 nett (weekends) and P499 nett the other days, it was a steal! Food was superb and delicious! The breakfast buffet menu was also extensive and just right.

Getting a taxi here is a breeze as there is a taxi stand right in front the lobby door. Walking to the nearby Ayala Center with its array of stores is surely a great plus!~

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank crispypata

Dear crispypata,

Thank you very much for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to know that your experience here was enjoyable and we accomplished our goal in taking good care of you.

We are also delighted to hear that our staff efficiently played an important role in making your stay pleasant and memorable , and the fact that you enjoyed the food here in Quest will encourage us to continually serve you better in every possible way we can.

With regard to the dirty windows, please be assured that the window cleaning of our guest rooms is ongoing.

Once again, thank you for giving us the chance to be of service to you. We look forward to having you back at the hotel again soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Although our room was already paid in full in advance, we were asked for a deposit of P1000 per night upon check in. I didn't like it, but had no choice but to hand over my credit card. We'd also specified a king-sized bed in our reservation, but unfortunately didn't get one.

PROS:
* Across the mall, Ayala Center, although we preferred to drive over rather than cross the busy street;
* Fairly new hotel, so everything is fairly clean;
* In-room wifi;
* Good water pressure;
* Shampoo, soap, bath gel, cotton buds provided;
* Comfortable bed;
* Housekeeping staff were quick to respond;
* Tasty dinner buffet spread, breakfast buffet was ok.

CONS:
* AC filter needs cleaning. It takes some time to cool the room. Surfaces also get really dusty even just a few minutes after cleaning/wiping them. I cringe at the thought of sleeping in and breathing in all that dust.
* Service needs improvement. Breakfast wasn't included in our room rate. It might have been a case of miscommunication and I understand that it was a busy morning, but I immediately lost my appetite when one of the staff presented me with the bill in the middle of breakfast.

Overall, a good experience. We'd stay here again, and would really like the deposit policy waived for fully paid reservations. Some guests -- like me -- prefer to settle bills immediately rather than to charge items & services to the room. Also, please clean the AC filter.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JadeVert

Dear Jade820,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with the hotel. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

The deposit of P1000 per night is for your incidental expenses and is refundable upon check-out. However, this is optional. Our guest can choose to have "a cash basis arrangement" with the hotel.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for all the inconvenience that this has caused you.
Comments and suggestions for the continued patronage of our services are greatly valued. Please be assured always that what you have mentioned , are well taken and being addressed as soon and as quickly as possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Chose this hotel for an overnight business trip for my husband as it's supposed to be right across Ayala Center. However, the walk across the public terminal to get to the mall is really oppressive, crossing the street right where the flyover drops off means you will need to navigate through high speed traffic. Once you cross over to the other side, you encounter pedestrian traffic and the fumes from the PUVs at the public terminal. This was not at all pleasant, so my solution for the following day was to wait for the hotel shuttle to take me 5 minutes across to the mall. Unfortunately, there are only 3 or 4 schedules for the entire day (as it's the same van that services their Mactan property) which makes this impracticable. They really should have a dedicated shuttle offering more frequent service if they mean to cater to the guests who are there for convenient access to Ayala Center.
The good points for me are as follows. When Quest acquired this property (I'm not sure what it was previously), they seemed to have put in some capital to furnish it with good beds (nicely firm and well-lined, quality linen, even bathroom fixtures (grohe, hcg) and finishings, etc. Even the bathroom toiletries were mostly of acceptable quality for a business hotel (except the towels were thin and not generous) if rather spartan ("conditioning" shampoo with no proper separate conditioner, no lotion, etc. though the toilet paper was of good quality--something I always gauge a hotel by!) The breakfast buffet was also of commendable value considering it was included in the room price. The spread was not big but the quality for me was satisfactory. It consisted of a small congee station, the usual breakfast fare (bacon, chipolata, french toast, the local dried fish delicacy), some hot items on chafing dishes, but also an egg station, a sizable selection of breads, muffins, danishes, cereals, a few cheeses and nuts and a section for fruit, fresh juices and yogurts (looked like they were made in-house and came in about 4 flavors which I all loved! this was my fave part of this spread). If only for the yogurt, I may consider staying again. The wi-fi was also good during our stay.
That said, there is much room for improvement particularly with housekeeping that I encountered during my stay. Cleanliness-wise, I would rate it 3 out of 5. At first glance, it looks clean enough. The devil is in the details. There was one hair near the trash bin under the writing table and another on the far side of the water closet closest to the wall. The grouting on the sink is stained although cleaned. When I tried to make tea, the inside of one of the tea bags had dust on the crease (obviously from being recycled there for a while), but the other bag was fine. There were only 2 very small complimentary bottles of water. There was no water (free or otherwise) in the mini bar so when I wanted to make tea that night, I called housekeeping to ask for water. This took 3 follow up calls and about 45 minutes. The room that we stayed in also had a grounded light bulb which we only noticed after all the lights were out. That meant it blinked all night even though switched off and we were just too tired to try to call maintenance at that time after the frustrating time asking for simple water for tea. The most problematic issue was the noise level coming from both outside the hotel and from the hallways. Walls were thin and I could hear the comings and goings of nearby rooms till about 3am and as early as 5am (fortunately, I was the only light sleeper while my husband slept through). The noise coming from outside was also loud (it's in the center of town afterall) but was exacerbated by the cracks on the service window (although this was locked) where they installed the outdoor unit of the split type a/c. They could put a double panelling here if they wanted to address this.
Overall, the service at front desk was very good and the staff were helpful bu there are major things this hotel can improve on before I would consider another stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room, if at all possible.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank hav4wannatravel
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear have4wannatravel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments on Trip Advisor. We sincerely regret that you encountered some problems during your stay at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay.

Please be assured that the safety and security of our valued guests is always our main concern and we are giving this our utmost attention. We have already coordinated with the government agencies concerned for the provisions of pedestrian facilities to solve all this safety concerns. However, until the construction of the foot bridge is done we are highly encouraging our guests to use the pedestrian lane located few meters away from Quest Hotel.

We are cognizant of your concern regarding the mall shuttle service. We will study how we could modify or improve it.

As for our Housekeeping response time, rest assured that we have discussed this with our team, and appropriate action will be taken to improve further the quality of our service.

We are very grateful that despite the disappointments you still find many aspects of our hotel satisfactory.

Thank you once again and we hope to be given another chance to serve you better in the near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel overnight in Cebu City before going to the Shangri La. We used the Quest as a base to visit the (few) historical attractions, the fort, Jesuit house, Yap Sandiago house and Casa Gororda. The historical sights are just a short taxi ride away from the hotel, and definitely worth doing to get an insight in to the local culture before stepping it to the bubble of a beach resort.

The hotel has only been open for one year so it has not yet had the wear and tear. It's a modern, very clean and comfortable business style hotel. The staff were efficient and friendly, the wifi in the room was fast and easy to connect to. The room was very clean, and a decent size, with all modern amenities which made for a comfortable stay.

The breakfast buffet spread was good, international and catered for the locals, and surprisingly good western food too (for the Philippines!).

Given the low cost of this hotel, I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality, service and amenities in this hotel. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are looking for a place to stay in Cebu city.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Myholidays1,

Quest Hotel and Conference Center is located right across one of the city's premier shopping malls, and with direct access to Cebu's business district, tourist attractions and trendy night spots. We agree wholeheartedly that we are a great value hotel with the modern feel.

Our Puso' Bistro and Bar, our all dining restaurant offers International cuisine for the most discriminating diners.