“Good service at reasonable rates” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quest Cebu

Quest Cebu
Ranked #7 of 83 Hotels in Cebu City
Makati, Philippines
“Good service at reasonable rates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Found the staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast good but not great. At least there's an egg station and the female chef does a very good sunny side. Location is good (short walk to Ayala Center). Rooms are very clean. However, my shower head sprayed a fine sprinkle upwards so the ceiling was showing signs of peeling. Also when the wind blows hard outside, a panel under the window kept blowing open so I had to prop it with the chair.

Last gripe: tried calling operator and reception desk at 6am morning after Christmas day and nobody answered. Went downstairs and mentioned it to the concierge. After telling him that I'd been calling the operator and the front desk with no one answering, he asked me "Sir, what's your concern?" Wow. When someone showed up at the front desk, I told him what I'd just told the concierge and he said he'd look into it. Maybe because I checked out a couple of hours later but I never got feedback. Made me glad I didn't have an emergency--imagine if I did and I tried calling the operator or the front desk and no one answered!

To be fair, I was on the whole very pleased with my stay (Christmas eve and Christmas night). Excellent value for money. I definitely will stay here again next time I'm in Cebu, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Cebu.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Horacio B,

Thank you for the review on your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback we receive from our guest since we use this information for the continuous improvement of our hotel.

We regret the fact that you encountered some problems during your stay with us.

On behalf of the Management and staff of Quest Hotel & Conference Center, I would like to extend our sincerest apologies for all the inconvenience that we have caused you. You have our assurance that we we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that this will not happen again in the future to our valued guests.

We shall be very grateful if you will give us another chance to serve you again.

Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed for overnight last Tuesday, this new hotel sits in the heart of busy business district of Cebu made my stay complete.

Location: Accessible to Ayala Mall, IT Park, Business Establishments, great location for people like me.
Lobby: Excellent security personnel ensure your safety and a pleasant front-desk personnel will greet you with a sweet smile. The reception was warm and you will feel at home
Interiors: designed with class
Lift: Elevator is fast and clean
Room: Elegant, clean, spacious room. Comfy bed with big LCD TV, very cold yet quiet aircon, clean and sanitized comfort room with hot and cold water.
Staff: very accommodating and are ready to help anytime
Food (Restaurant): served in an organized and clean setup. The foods are great, no doubt!

One thing I noticed, in my room 1657 the door won't automatically lock. You must ensure that you double check when leaving.

OVERALL: This brand new hotel deserves to be rated A++

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Deriuz,

From the management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center Cebu we would like to convey our heartfelt thanks. Those are truly amazing remarks!

We, at Quest continually make every effort to bring about the things you mentioned possible. We naturally provide them to our valued guests like a heart - warming embrace each and every time they come here. We can do no less.

Quest is fortunate to be blessed with a superb combination of location, modern amenities, high caliber management team, well-trained staff, and a lot more in ensuring guests satisfaction.

Be assured that each time you come to Cebu, Quest will always provide you and your family with the same great welcoming and warm hospitality.

Thank you once again . We look forward to having you back at the hotel again soon.

Ozamiz City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and relatives stayed here during our layover to and from Boracay. The hotel is new and well staffed. Location is perfect as it is infront of the Ayala mall and there are taxis waiting just outside. All other attractions in Cebu are just minutes. Overall a good option while in Cebu.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the mall for a good view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Michael,

We, the management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center-Cebu are truly delighted to receive a very positive response from a valued guest. Thank you very much! We really appreciate it.

Rest assured that we will continually provide you and your family with Quest’s unique brand of hospitality whenever you are here with us.

Without a doubt, Quest hotel is a perfect haven in itself or for whatever adventures you have in mind. Be it shopping jaunts in the city malls, snorkel or dive tours in nearby sites – even bird watching! We are an ideal jump off point. We are located in the heart of Cebu city. Indeed, your every destination is just minutes away.

Once again, thank you for giving us the chance to be of service to you. We look forward to having you back at the hotel again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed 3 nights early December 12 and stayed in the Junior Suite as it had a pull out for the kids and a separate room for us. The Ayala is right across the road (which was busy and there was always a security guard to to stop traffic and help you across). The breakfast buffet was great. A good place to stay

Room Tip: For a quiet room ask for one over looking the pool area. If you need washing done, just to the righ...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TheSwagman
Dear Swagman,

We have affordable yet sophisticated accommodations and facilities to cater to our valued guests. Pull out beds are indeed great for kids. Our ‘Puso’ Restaurant offers an array of food for the most discriminating diners.

Being at the heart of the bustling and vibrant City of Cebu is a plus for us. More so when we are mere steps away from a modern shopping mall like Ayala Center where guests can just slip away and return to their hotel rooms in just minutes.

We always see to it that safety is ensured for all our guests. Our valued guests’ safety and well being are foremost on our mind at Quest.

We sincerely thank you for the kind words.

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Good: Location. Very convenient because its right across Ayala Mall. Room is very "boutique" in style. Clean and has everything you need. Staff were friendly and service was fast. They also have a nice pool deck. The Bad: Just one I can comment about. I wasn't too happy with the breakfast buffet and it was too expensive for the selection they had.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Karen,

Thanks a lot for your kind comments. We at Quest exist to provide and satisfy our valued customers with the best we can offer.

As for the food, your observation is well taken. Rest assured that we will do our best to improve if we are remiss on that regard. We offer our sincere apology if you were in any
way inconvenienced by food selection offered during your stay. At any rate, your candid comment is well received.

On behalf of Quest, again, thank you for choosing us to be part of your sojourn in Cebu. We look forward to serving you once more in the near future.

Quest Hotel & Conference Center Cebu
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I booked this hotel at a pretty steep discount on Hotels.com. I was in Cebu City on holiday with a friend from December 9th to December 15. This is a "3 star" hotel that was reasonably priced and highly rated on Tripadvisor. To sum up my stay in one word....OUTSTANDING! I would definitely estimate it at "4 star" or perhaps higher if I didn't know the rating.

The hotel is nearly brand new, and it is decorated in rich earth tones that give the place a modern feel. The hotel was great, but what made the stay so outstanding was the staff. I would like to specifically recognize Noel and Alcanden from the restaurant (think that's how his name is spelled...intern bartender in the restaurant). These guys know something about excellent service. They always greeted my friend and I by our names when we walked in, and were absolutely outstanding in every way (the restaurant buffet was awesome too). I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Cebu City. The hotel is clean, centrally-located, and has the BEST staff. This is my first Tripadvisor rating but I had to take some time to recognize how wonderful the stay was. The rooms were a bit on the small side, but I was perfectly comfortable. The housekeeping staff did a great job keeping the room spotless, and cleanliness is big with me. I would also like to add that the security and parking facilities assure guests and their vehicles are always safe on the property.

If you stay here you will definitely not regret it. The hotel is great, but the staff made the stay memorable. I will definitely stay at Quest hotel next time i am in Cebu City.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mark U
Dear Mark U,

Thank you very much for a wonderful review of our hotel.

You are absolutely right about our staff. They are really outstanding. Quest Hotel’s foremost mission is to provide our guests with the utmost and only excellent service.

We can do no less.

We wish you all the best! We look forward to be of further service to you in the near future.

Las Pinas, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at Quest and it was good. Ups: Very convenient location, staff is courteous and always ready to assist guests, good breakfast buffet, clean (it is still relatively new as of our stay). Downs: Small rooms and traffic noise can be heard from room (due to ACU space at the window), weak wi-fi connectivity inside the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sedtravel
Dear ShaleeD,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on Trip Advisor. We at Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu really appreciates your honest thoughts regarding your experience with the property. We sincerely regret that you encountered some problems during your stay at our hotel.

Comments and suggestions for the continued patronage of our services are greatly valued. Please be assured always that what you have mentioned are well taken and being addressed as soon and as quickly as possible.

Thank you once again for your comments and for giving us a chance to improve on our service and facilities.

We hope to be given another chance to serve you better in the near future.