“Enjoyable Experience - Still some room for improvement”

Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Ranked #8 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at Quest Cebu on business from November 15 to November 16 and had an enjoyable experience from my arrival at the airport up to check-out.

After enduring a miserable 2 hour delay with Zest Air, which saw me waiting in the airport for close to 5 hours, I was tired, cranky and praying that Quest would live up to all the positive reviews here in TripAdvisor. Thankfully Quest Cebu exceeded expectations.

Upon arrival at the Cebu Airport, my first order of business was to figure out how to get to my hotel. As I walked onto the arrival area, I saw an employee of Quest holding a sign. Thinking that there was a hotel shuttle, I approached him to inquire if there was complimentary transport to the hotel.

While the Quest employee informed me that there was no such shuttle and that he was there to pick-up guests who had made transport arrangements with the hotel, said employee nevertheless assisted me with my luggage and helped me get a cab that brought me to the hotel. Very kind and accomodating indeed.

Upon arrival at the hotel, check-in was fast and relatively painless with the whole process done in a few minutes, although I had to wait a bit in line because there was another guest checking in ahead of me.

After check-in I then proceeded to my room and was pleased by what I saw. I had booked a Deluxe Room with King-Size Bed, which I observed to be relatively spacious, clean and complete with all amenities advertised. One drawback though was that work table which seemed old and beaten up, with nicks appearing on its surface.. Also the toilet could have used better cleaning as it seemed old and a bit spotty.

As I was already too tired to go out for dinner and still had to prepare for my court hearing the next day, I ordered room service, which was brought up in about 20 minutes.

While much can be said about the facilities being new; what stands out is that the hotel is making a conscious effort to improve its services.

Having read previous reviews, I was pleased to see that management not only read these reviews, but also took concrete steps to try to address them. For example: upon arriving at my room I was immediately asked if I would be requesting for toothbrush, toothpaste and/or an iron and iron board - all of which were brought up promptly. The doormen were also quite helpful and even offered to help me cross the busy street over to Ayala mall - addressing concerns raised in previous reviews.

The staff were indeed very courteous, accomodating and professional - graciously assisting me in getting cabs, using the business center, as well as noting and promptly acting on my request for late check-out. Even the check-out process was done quickly and efficiently.

One disappointment though was the failure of housekeeping, despite my specific request, to clean my room and turn down my bed. After returning from my hearing I was hoping to be able to catch a quick nap before check-out and would have wanted to rest on some fresh sheets. Otherwise, I would have given them a perfect score for service.

All in all I had a pleasant stay in Quest and recommend staying there, though there are still areas for improvement, which I trust management will address.

Tips: If you're sensitive to noise, try to get a room that isn't facing Ayala, since the noise from the street can be heard up to the room, although I personally was not bothered.

On your way out tell the doormen if you want to go to ayala mall and they will assist you in crossing the street.

I asked the doorman where I could buy lechon to bring home for my wife before going to the airport and he immediately thought out the best option and instructed my taxi driver to make short stop before heading to the airport. If there are particulat things you want to buy or see, the hotel doormen and staff will give you recommendations and assist you.

-qallado

• Stayed: November 2012
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Mr. Qallado,

Thank you very much for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to know that your experience here was enjoyable and we accomplished our goal in taking good care of you.

We appreciate the feedback we receive from our guest since we use this information for the continuous improvement of our hotel.

With regard to the failure of our Housekeeping staff to clean your room, please be assured that we have discussed this with our team, and that appropriate action will be taken to improve further the quality of our service.

Thank you once again and we truly look forward to your being here and once again enjoy your home away from home.

There are newer reviews for Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very clean rooms, 3rd visit. They still disorganized on the front desk, training required here very frustrating experiences. But Pool great, Breakfast great and just across from the mall. Be wary of the taxis in the rank organized by the hotel, 3/4 bad experiences overcharging long routes taken . Despite the system hotel seemed to have in place, with escalation to the security lady in charge.
And do watch out for crossing the main road to the Mall, wait for a guard to help across otherwise you will be roadkill!

Room Tip: higher floor, not overlooking the mall, over look the pool. (the windows not sealed properly so traf...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kercom1

Dear Kercom1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments on Trip Advisor.

We regret the fact that you encountered some problems upon check-in . Rest assured that we have discussed this with the concerned department for immediate action. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience we have caused you.

Please be assured also that we have already coordinated with the City Government for the provision of pedestrian facilities facilities to solve all this safety concerns. However, until it is done we will continue to provide the crossing guards for our guest's safety.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you!

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

overall stay is very good :)

though the rates in the internet is diffirent when u arrive in the hotel its okay cause the staffs were very attentive,friendly and courteous.. and so far this is the only hotel i've been with the fastest free wifi connection ever ^_^ location is great except if u will go to ayala.. its so scary to play patentero with the cars.. will definitely go back here ..stayed here for 5 nights..i hope they will have safest way to go to ayala.. thanks to da security guard who is always help us to cross the street :)

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Hananing,

Please be assured that the safety and security of our valued guests is always our main concern and we are giving this our utmost attention. We have already coordinated with the government agencies concerned for the provisions of pedestrian facilities to solve all this safety concerns. However, until it is done we will continue to provide the crossing guards for our guest's safety.

We truly look forward to your being here once again enjoy your home away from home.

Quest Hotel Conference Center

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during its soft opening and by far, our stay had been comfortable. The rooms are quite big, clean and well-lighted, beds are soft and comfortable. Check-in was such a breeze with the front desk clerk's very helpful with all the information you need in getting around the city. The lobby is quite welcoming with its fresh interior designs and new and modern fixtures. Food during breakfast was ok and with a good selection in the breakfast buffet. The good thing about this hotel is the location since it is just in front of Ayala mall. If you need to buy anything or wants to look for a place to eat, you just have to cross the street and you'll be at the mall in no time. Cabs/transport pose no problem as well since a number of taxis wait just outside the hotel and ready to go if you need to go around. Minor complaint though, front desk forgot to give me a wake up call at 6 am, as we have requested.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Attyjing,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about us on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to know that your experience here was enjoyable and better than expected.

With regard to your wake up call, please accept our sincerest apologies for all the inconvenience that this has caused you. You have our assurance that we we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that this will not happen again in the future to our valued guests.

We shall be very grateful if you will give us another chance to serve you again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Loved the rooms. Loved the bed. Loved the pillows. Loved the breakfast buffet. Love the purple and gray hotel colors. Loved the pool. Loved the service. We're in love. :D We want to go back soooooooooooooooooooon!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Travelchoss,

Thank you very much for the very kind words. Please accept our heartfelt appreciation on behalf of the Management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center.

Your recognition of our efforts encourage us to continually serve you better in every possible way we can.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We reserved thru their booking button for 2 nights and it says there that the bill will be charged to the credit card once booked. But when we checked in, the receptionist told us that the reservation was not charged. So we were confused maybe it will be double charged. They should make their reservation procedures clear to avoid confusions. We have reserved a room having a pool view 11 days before our arrival date, and they told us when we checked it that they don't have a room we requested. So what's the use of reservations?
The room was ok. We had a room at the 16th floor but still noises from the vehicles outside can still be heard and is disturbing. The bed was comfy but the floors are quite dirty. The cr was nice but not enough lighting. The shower area is quite dark.
Their staffs are very welcoming and accomodating. The guard was helpful when we cross the street to ayala. The hotel's location is very good.
There are other hotels nearby that maybe better and worth of my money.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at our hotel. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I am sorry if your stay fell short of your expectations. Rest assured that we are continually looking for ways to further improve the services we offer.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

stayed here for 2nights oct17&18. hotel is clean, quite big rooms and toilet, soft pillows and bed is ok. we got a room @15th floor and it has a nice view facing ayala. ask for slippers..the staff is ok , quick to respond to problems like water kettle not functioning(replaced). room rates is reasonable for a hotel thats across ayala.additional security measures implemented for billeted clients who takes taxis..the negative here only is when you cross the street to go ayala center thats cross at your own risk..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Marge1017,

Thank you for the review on your stay at our hotel. Our hotel aims for no less than excellent service, and exists only to please its clients.

Please be assured that the safety and security of our valued guests is always our main concern and we are giving this our utmost attention. We have already coordinated with the City government for the provisions of pedestrian facilities however , until it is done we will continue to provide the crossing guards for our guests safety.

We look forward to having you back at the hotel again soon.