“Great Stay”

Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Ranked #8 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Originally booked this hotel for 3 days stay because of some bad reviews I read online. When I checked-in I liked the hotel a lot so I extended my stay for the whole duration of my trip. Hotel staff are very polite and helpful. Stayed at the premium deluxe room which is nice with the balcony overlooking the city. Buffet at the restaurant have a lot of variety of food. Walking distance to Ayala Shopping Mall.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the pool area for peace and quit.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank NDC384
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear nndc,

Thank you for your kind comments about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments most especially on the attitude of our staff.

You have our promise that we will do our best to keep up the consistent good service.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you! We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Sincerely yours,

Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu

Write a ReviewReviews (3,053)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great hotel...Best food I had at any hotel in the Philippines ever. Many rooms on upper floors that are spacious and very quiet. Nice tv channel selection. Friendly staff. Good security. I only stayed at Quest for a few days during a recent trip because I knew it was newer and they were offering a promo rate which made the final cost approximately half of what the Marriott was charging at the time. It is in a great location directly across the street from Ayala Mall. I highly recommend this hotel and encourage anyone to make sure you have the breakfast buffet included with the room because it is well worth having.

Room Tip: Make sure you have breakfast buffet included with your room. You will be happy you did.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Darrell R.

Please accept our heartfelt appreciation for your kind comments about your stay at our hotel. We are truly delighted to learn that our staff played an important role in making your stay enjoyable, and the fact that you enjoyed the food here in Quest will encourage us to continually serve you better in every possible way we can.

We truly look forward to your being here and once again enjoy your home away from home.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights for a business trip. Hotel just opened this year but room is already showing some signs of wear. The walls are too thin as I could hear the TV from the adjoining room. My room on the 9th floor faced the street and I could definitely hear the morning traffic as the windows are not well insulated.

On the bright side, room is quite spacious in sleek and modern design. The mattress was very comfortable and the TV had many channels to chose from. Buffet breakfast had good variety and food was quite good.

I was very happy with the service level of the staff. I requested an early check-in for 8am which was granted. Front desk people were very friendly and efficient. The same goes for all the other hotel staff I encountered. They also have a nice pool on the 6th floor.

There's a big Ayala mall in front of the hotel for alternate food options.

Room Tip: Chose a room that does not face the main road as morning traffic can be quite loud.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Daniel _MNL,

We are delighted to learn that our staff efficiently played an important role in ensuring proper assistance to you. Your recognition of our efforts will encourage us to continually serve you better in every possible way we can.

With regard to the lack of soundproofing in the guest rooms, please be assured that we have discussed this with the concerned departments for appropriate action.

We shall be very grateful if you will give us another chance to serve you again.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Spent 4 days here last September 2012 for our mid-year convention in Cebu. Hotel is great, very new, has the ambiance of a 5 star hotel, service that of a 5-star hotel. Staff were very accommodating, WI-FI signal was great! Its across Ayala Mall but seriously it is difficult to cross the road since the motorists in Cebu are not pedestrian friendly. Only draw-back for this hotel was that toothbrush and slippers are upon request only =(

Room Tip: I think better to pick mountain view room since ayala side was noisy because of all the cars passing...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank richiemd718
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Richiemd78,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments on Trip Advisor. We are truly honored with your appreciation and your recognition of our efforts encourage us to continually serve you better in every possible way we can.

Please be assured that the safety and security of our valued guests is always our main concern and we are giving it our utmost attention. We have already coordinated with the government agencies concerned for the provisions of pedestrian facilities to solve all this safety concerns.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I normally travel to Cebu every 6-8 weeks and stay in a different hotel, but due to some ridiculously high prices at the other hotel we decided to give the new Quest Cebu a go. It seems rare these days to be satisfied and feel you get good value but our stay at the Quest Cebu was just that. Reasonably priced, good quality and friendly service.
The room was a little cozier than I expected but still very nice. Bed was comfortable and everything was new. The view was enjoyable looking towards the hills.
There were two things that really made this hotel stand out to us:

The pool . Really nice area. Elevated on the 7 th floor I believe it was isolated from the daily hustle of metro Cebu below. A great facility that we recommend you use.

Puso restaurant. Very personable staff. They are open late and stayed open a little later for us when we arrived back late one night from Sumilon Island. The buffet for breakfast and dinner was very good. Lots of Pilipino and western choices. We enjoyed our evening weekend buffet with live music in e dining room. A real treat!

I felt reasonably safe walking in e immediate area and reasonably terrified crossing the road to Ayala Center! But find a guard to help you if you can, it's worth it!

There were only two minor things worth mentioning. The aircon is wall mounted and a bit noisy so if you are a light sleeper look out for that. Also there is no iron in the room although they happily brought one up when we called.

So if you are looking for quality on a budget in Cebu give Quest a try.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Corey P,

Thank you for the kind thoughts that you shared with us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback we receive from our guest since we use this information for the continuous improvement of our hotel.

We are also delighted to hear that our staff efficiently played an important role in making your stay pleasant and memorable , and the fact that you enjoyed the food here in Quest will encourage us to continually serve you better in every possible way we can.

Please be assured that the safety and security of our valued guests is always our main concern and we are giving this our utmost attention. We have already coordinated with the government agencies concerned for the provisions of pedestrian facilities to solve all this safety concerns. However, until it is done we will continue to provide the crossing guards for our guests safety.

We wish you all the best! We look forward to be of further service to you in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I just checked in to this Hotel today. I came from Manila and will be staying here for a week. my room in 9th floor looks clean and staff cleaning along the hallway is very hospitable. I really like the King size bed and the LCD TV. The only thing that keeps me from giving them full rating is i have waited for 30+ minutes just to get my room reservation confirmed. They said that there's no available room and i'm so tired coming from a delayed flight.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear RandyC,

Greetings from Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. Our hotel aims for no less than excellent service, and exists only to please its clients.

Your recognition of our efforts encourage us to continually serve you better in every possible way we can.

We also regret the fact that you encountered some minor problems upon check-in . Rest assured that we have discussed this with the concerned departments for immediate action.

We wish you all the best! Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed here for 5 days and 4 nights with a friend and it was an amazing experience. First of all, this hotel advertises itself as 3-star so I think some of the reviews here made it seem like they're expectations was of a 5-star hotel. I mean, the price itself was only $61/night so with that price, this hotel was way above expectations in my opinion.

The Good:
- Rooms were modern and clean and very generous amounts of channels on TV.
- Free Water, Coffee, Tea
- Bathroom was alright (it did take quite awhile for the water to get hot)
- Staff was amazing

I especially liked that everytime any of the staff saw us, they ALWAYS smiled at me and my friend and said "Hello Sir." I also liked that everytime we took a cab, they took my room number and the taxi driver's name and plate number!

Some things that could be improved though are... in the bathroom, the vent was really dusty.. just some minor things that can be easily overlooked. The carpet near the elevator was really dirty one day, and I would recommend putting the "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door otherwise the staff will knock on your door in the morning to ask when they can start cleaning.

Cleaning staff was really good. I almost felt bad because me and my friend would just leave our stuff everywhere and the next thing we know, they're arranged properly... and the same thing happened again the next day, and the next.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel in Cebu. I think it has the best location, next to the Ayala Mall, but seriously, they have GOT to put a pedestrian walkway or at least in the nearby intersection, have a functioning pedestrian signal light! I literally waited 20 minutes to cross the road to the mall because I was too scared to die, and the Walk/Don't Walk Signal was useless, in a sense that it was not working... and from what I saw from the locals, jaywalking is the way of life there. So be very careful in crossing the road!

P.S. I stayed there from Sept 27-Oct1 at Room 1032 and I think I left a bag containing a towel and I think some laundry.. or maybe I left it at the lobby when I checked out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear JWsuperstarD,

Thank you for taking the time to write down your review of our hotel here in Cebu. We are pleased to know that your experience here was enjoyable and better than expected.

With regard to your concerns with our Housekeeping , rest assured we have discussed this with our team, and that appropriate action will be taken to improve further the quality of our service.

Lastly, we will get in touch with you if we find your left out items.

Once again, thank you for giving us the chance to be of service to you. We look forward to having you back at the hotel again soon.