“Somewhat irritating, on the back of a long day”

Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Ranked #9 of 89 Hotels in Cebu City
London, United Kingdom
“Somewhat irritating, on the back of a long day”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I'd booked a room through the hotel website, and secured that with my card. The reservation included a hotel transfer to the airport on my departure the next day, with flight details etc.

If there is one thing that really annoys me it is turning up at a hotel with a direct confirmed booking and being treated like a stranger who has just walked in from the street. They even asked if they could take my print out of my reservation (they didn't seem to have much or any record of me). After 15-20 minutes of standing there at the desk, they were apparently clueless that I needed an airport transfer in the morning (despite having already booked and paid for it). It was a painful check-in. They then wanted to take my credit card to pre-authorise some kind of fee for bills 'To make it easier for you if you dine here tonight'. I told them I wasn't going to. Despite that the next morning we spent at least ten minutes again at my credit card unwinding this holding payment. All the while I stood there fondly recalling express check-out at other hotels.

On the way from the front desk to the lifts I passed two ladies by the front door. I'll say no more but that I'm surprised that a hotel such as this allows them in. As I passed one said 'Hey mister, your zip is not closed'. Classy.

The room itself was very nice and recently done. Compact, but nice. The location also seemed good although Cebu is not a walking city so you'll need taxis to get anywhere apart from the huge mall opposite.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Mr. London Genie,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your stay . As always, we appreciate the feedback we get from our guest since we use this information for the continuous improvement of our hotel.

We regret the fact that we were not able to provide you with the service that you have come to expect during your recent visit with us.

On behalf of the Management and staff of Quest Hotel & Conference Center, I would like to extend our sincerest apologies for all the inconvenience that we have caused you. You have our assurance that we we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that this will not happen again in the future to our valued guests.

We shall be very grateful if you will give us another chance to serve you again.

Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
sydney
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Hotel is new and the location is great, being across from Ayala in a safe location. The rooms are a little small but manageable, nice walk-in showers. The staff are friendly and professional. However we had some issues with our stay and left disappointed. Partially our fault, partially the Hotel and partially Agoda. The rooms were booked through Agoda in a hurried state, and upon check-in were given 2 rooms with 4 twin beds for 4 adults (2 couples). No good...don't want twin beds. back to front desk and hotel is apparently full and no other rooms available.(did not look full). Agoda has a stupid little "special request" dropdown which is easily overlooked, and it not completed the default setting is 'twin beds'. How dumb is that, I've booked hundreds of rooms but it is easily overlooked sometimes. who would choose a twin bed over a queen/king? The default should be queen/king unless special request for Twin. Hotel girl blamed me for not filling out the silly 'special request' section and that I need to talk with booking agent re: refund. Thanks front desk manager girl for stating it's my fault. Agoda said as it was booked within 3 days that one night is forfeited for a refund and they'll speak with Hotel about the other nights. Quest Hotel would not oblige a refund, nor did they offer a suitable solution ie. upgrade or anything else. Have nothing against the Hotel, it is nice..I may stay there again, but first impressions have been tarnished a little. Maybe will use it as a back up option...

Room Tip: make sure you select queen or else they'll shove you in a room with twin beds
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CrgAust
Dear Mr. CrgAust,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments about your recent stay with us.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the Quest Hotel & Conference Center Management and staff, for the inconvenience we have caused you. Our hotel is in its soft opening stage and currently, we have limited king rooms in our inventory. I would like to impart that it is of equal disappointment that the conduct of one of our staff was inappropriate. . Rest assured that this does not reflect the true Quest Hotel standards that we strive to maintain.

We sincerely hope that this incident will not deter you from patronizing our hotel and that you will give us another chance to serve you again in the near future.

Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I heard about Quest from my colleague and I immediately googled it. I staid for 2 nights, here's my review:

1. Hotel is super new. Modern interiors, lobby sala is cozy, comfy, and clean.
2. Hotel staff are nice, accommodating and polite. All can speak English very well.
3. Since the entire hotel is new, the room is splendid. Everything clean and fresh.
4. Breakfast was good.

Location is good:
1. Walking distance to Alaya Mall Cebu
2. 30-40 mins taxi ride from Airport.
3. Right in the heart of Cebu City. Near IT Park and other night spots.

I will definitely stay there again.

TIP: Check-out on-line for promotion.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DwTokidoki
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center-Cebu. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

My team and I are thrilled to read such a wonderful review. Your excellent comments about our services and facilities inspired us to continually look for ways to further delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed here last April with the family. The hotel is relatively new and has a "Modern" approach to its design. Very nice lobby. The rooms are nice, very clean and comfy with flat screen TVs. Food was great, had their buffet breakfast, also had room service (big servings of pasta and pizza). The staff are very friendly and helpful, I was having trouble connecting to the WIFI so i called the front desk and asked if someone could help me and in a few minutes someone from the IT dept came up and problem was solved. Another factor that makes Quest an ideal place to stay in Cebu is its location. It is just across Ayala Center, a popular shopping and dining place, you can just walk going there to shop, eat out, have a drink or catch a movie. Overall a top notch stay. Will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Cebu!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jm_aping
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I have shared your kind comments to our team members since this will serve as our inspiration to continually delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I originally planned on staying at the Quest hotel for a week, but ended up staying a month.

Value For Money
When I was here in May-June 2012 the value for money was incredible. I paid around US $53 per night without breakfast. By comparison, the Cebu Marriott, was running around US $118 per night – a little over twice the price, and I imagine no better quality.

I looked at half a dozen hotels in Cebu before settling on Quest. Other hotels in Cebu running in the $50 - $60 range don’t even come close in terms of quality. And my high expectations were met after I moved in.

Location
The location is great, right across the street from the Ayala Mall, which is the most upscale mall in Cebu. Ayala a good place to hang out with plenty of restaurants and coffee shops with fast Internet connections. (Unfortunately, like most hotels the Internet connection at Quest is a slower than I would like for my work.)

Quality
The hotel is brand new. When I first arrived they were still finishing outfitting the upper floors. It is impeccably clean and everything is brand new. The rooms are well designed, and the hotel has a clean, spacious feel to it. Despite being near a busy road, I heard almost no noise from outside and always slept soundly.

The Philippines are not renowned for the food. I haven’t had a meal here that impressed me. Having said that, the food in the hotel is the best I have had in the Philippines. It’s the same standard as you’d expect of hotel food in a US hotel that knows how to do food well. Not just a generic menu designed to serve the lowest common denominator, but actually a good menu with really good food. (They do have all the regulars like steak and burgers, but they do it well.)

Friendly Staff
The staff have been consistently friendly and helpful. I feel welcomed every time I enter the hotel at whatever time of day or night.

Small Details
In a month’s stay, there have only been a couple of errors. I asked for an iron and they brought me one that was broken and scratched the cotton of my shirt. Once day I called down to get my room made up, and when I returned several hours later it has not been cleaned. To only have had those two problems in a month’s stay makes this a top rated hotel in my book.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank dm4man
QuestCebuGM, Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear Mr. DM4man,

Thank you for the kind thoughts that you shared with us on trip advisor. We are delighted to learn that our staff efficiently played an important role in ensuring proper assistance to you. Your recognition of our efforts will encourage us to continually serve you better in every possible way we can.

We also regret the fact that you encountered some minor problems during your stay. Rest assured that we have discussed this with the concerned departments for immediate action.

Thank you once again for giving us an opportunity to serve you and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Stayed here last night and found the rooms to be if excellent condition. Though they are not big, but complete with all the modern facilities. The restaurant also served excellent food for lunch and they have a good mud pie.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Foodie-Goodie0215
Thank you for the kind thoughts you shared with us and for the five-star rating you gave us. Please accept our heartfelt appreciation on behalf of the Management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center. Your kind comments will encourage us to continually serve you better in every possible way we can.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you!

Winchcombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed here in March of this year (2012) with my partner, & this hotel had only just opened. We were also on the promo rate in a double room with breakfast included.

I cannot fault the place for it's cleanliness and our room was light, airy and bright. The only drawback is that there was no bath tub, which I prefer to a shower-However, this was not a problem in the long run.
We used the swimming pool on a daily basis and whilst it is not a large pool it served it's purpose. Again it was very clean and while not swimming you can sit around the pool and sunbathe or order food and drinks-as you would expect the cost of this is higher than if you were eating out.

We found the staff to be very friendly and being English myself, they were very attentive, courteous ad friendly. They were particularly attentive when I was outside the hotel in public areas and I always seemed to have someone from the hotel by my side, as I was told this was due to some areas not being particularly safe. This was not a problem for me however and I actually found it quite reassuring.

On the whole an enjoyable stay and we would stay there on future visits without question. I particularly liked our stay there as it was one hotel in Cebu that is not 'gawdy'. Neutrally decorated rooms and public areas, and also the airy and spacious feel to the place, made me want to stay abit longer!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple