“ZUBUCHON” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zubuchon

Zubuchon
Ranked #6 of 693 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Filipino, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We serve roast pork as the main dish, with nearly three dozen other Filipino dishes that are either include roast pork or are pork-free complementary dishes. We offer an extensive seafood menu in three of our restaurants as well as many vegetable dishes and natural local fruit shakes. This is the roast pork that Chef and TV Host Anthony Bourdain declared as "The Best Pig, Ever!" On his No Reservations episode on the Philippines. For a taste of Filipino cuisine, in clean, bright comfortable surroundings, visit us at any of our branches in Cebu.
Quezon City, Philippines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ZUBUCHON”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

their lechon skin is pricked or "accupunctured". and theirs no added MSG or mixes product instead they use organic ingredients. i must say that the quality of their lechon is the best !!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank gilbert s

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Luzon, Philippines
“Average lechon, many food to choose ftlm”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

The lechon taste mediocre, but there' s lot in menu entre you can choose from like sinigang na lechon, monggo, alimasag, dinuguan etc, dont forget the kamias shake yo wash off the fats. Great food and place over all

• Visited August 2013
Tangnan Panglao Bohol
“i dont eat pig”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Ok. just to make it clear. i don't eat pig by choice but everyone who was with me at the time when we went to Zubuchon does. They were worried that i won't enjoy the meal since almost everything in the menu is pork but i assured them that i could order anything else aside from pig. My friends were really excited about the Lechon since Zubuchon is #1 in the "Ang Pinaka" show in GMA News channel while i ordered the sizzling bangus, kangkong and Zubuchon Pancit. I planned to put the pork bits at the side of my plate since kangkong and pancit has it. I was also excited to eat their pancit since it has the name Zubuchon. Putting your name in a certain food makes it special. I swear i was so disappointed with everything. Not only was was their food expensive but everything and i mean everything was "very" salty including their garlic rice. The bangus wasnt even fresh i could tell. I kinda doubted my taste since i knew that their specialty is the lechon but even my friends complained about it saying its "very" salty. I didnt ask for the crispiness though since its not important to me. Im never coming back and i won't recommend it to any pork eaters out their.

• Visited August 2013
Cebu City, Philippines
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was really excited in eating at zubu chon. Heard from my workmates that their food was great. But it didn't turned out as I expected. We ordered half lechon. And to my disappointment, it's not crispy anymore and it's tasteless. My father's lechon is far way better than theirs. And their rice platter is overpriced!!!!P150 for a platter????Are they kidding me? I would never eat in zubu chon again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank kris f
Zubuchon, Owner at Zubuchon, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for dining at Zubuchon and our apologies if your lechon was not up to expectations or to your liking. Had you mentioned your comments here to a server, they would have endeavored to change the portion you received, or offered you another dish. Lechon skin naturally gets softer as time passes, so the hour of dining also affects quality. Our lechons typically arrive around 11am and 6pm for lunch and dinner. As for your comment on the rice platter, our rice platter costs PHP90 at most stores, and I believe PHP100 at our IT Park store, and serves 3-4. This is a pre-programmed price on our POS systems, so not alterable. Our garlic rice platter is PHP100 at most stores. So I am not sure how you were charged PHP150 for a plain rice platter. Please send us the receipt with the PHP150 price for a rice platter and we would be more than happy to refund you the entire amount. Our fried rice platters are more than PHP150. The rest of our menu and prices are published on our facebook page. Thanks.
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
“Overated Lechon”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

The pig tasted average if you have tasted other brands and other lechon from different provinces. It's good for pasalubong since it's famous and everyone knows the brand. but there are a lot of other better tasting pigs

Visited August 2013