WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Zubuchon

Zubuchon
Ranked #6 of 654 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Filipino, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We serve roast pork as the main dish, with nearly three dozen other Filipino dishes that are either include roast pork or are pork-free complementary dishes. We offer an extensive seafood menu in three of our restaurants as well as many vegetable dishes and natural local fruit shakes. This is the roast pork that Chef and TV Host Anthony Bourdain declared as "The Best Pig, Ever!" On his No Reservations episode on the Philippines. For a taste of Filipino cuisine, in clean, bright comfortable surroundings, visit us at any of our branches in Cebu.
Montreal
“Interesting experience in a spotless environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Wanted to try great lechon baboy... and it was indeed quite good! Welcomed to the sight of a whole pig (not a suckling however, keep that in mind) resting in a display window, waiting for dinners.

Service was ok, although explaining some of the dishes was a little difficult. Had a plate of the lechon and the calamari stuffed with sisseg (a local pork-chicken liver dish). The pork was excellent, although cold (I believe that's how it's normally served though). The calamari was tasty, but way too salty (and I'm a salty eater).

Liked the experience, but would like to try another version of the lechon baboy!

Visited March 2013

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bergenfield
“Great Place for Lechon feast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

They say Zubuchon meant Sugbu Lechon.
Sugbu is a vernacular term for Cebu.

The roast pig was a delicacy. The crunchy
skin and the tasty meat were worth a second trip.
I would not be ashamed to bring and invite my friends to
dine in.

The places are not that big but I have seen
Zubuchon branches in many parts of the city since
I last visited Cebu.

They also serve other Filipino foods.
To try once is not enough. To come back meant to
come back for the third time. I like their new Capitol
site restaurant.

Visited January 2013
Cebu
“Yummychon!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

If you are a lechon lover then Zubuchon is probably the best place for you. they have a variety of choices which will satisfy your tastebuds. plus try to partner it with their kamis shake to burn out all the cholesterol.. :)

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Paranaque, Philippines
“Don't Cebu without trying Zubuchon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

If Anthony Bourdain loved it, then its gotta be good. And it indeed was ABSOLUTELY delicious.

There were three of us and we ordered - 1/2 kilo lechon, daing rice, shrimp sinigang, and the kamias shake. The branch we ate at was in One Mango Mall, Cebu City.

I'm not particularly a big fan of lechon. At Zubuchon though, I don't remember ever eating more lechon in my life. The tradition Cebu lechon is lovely and bursting with flavor but Zubuchon is a tad bit different. Its still full of flavor yet a little lighter, which I love. The meat was wonderfully tender and wasn't oozing with oil. If with other lechon,you feel the deadly oil as you chew, with Zubuchon, it feels... clean? I'm not sure what word to use.

The daing rice was the perfect side dish to accompany the lechon. It is fried rice, with some garlic, a tad bit green onion, and dried fish bits.The dried fish allows for that occasional tiny burst of saltiness in your mouth. I even think the rice is cooked with pandan as I think tasted hints of pandan in the rice. It enhances the flavor of the lechon for me.

And of course, to counter the cholesterol and to neutralize the rich flavors in your mouth, the tangy-ness of Kamis shake is perfect for clearing your pallet. T

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Glittersmoke
manila
“Lechon with a different taste”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Zubuchon offers a different kind of taste, not the typical taste of lechon in Cebu city. I still prefer the traditional taste lechon in Cebu. We requested them if the lechon can be deep fried, and they asked us for a charge, what kind of restaurant is this ? money is not issue for us but the kind of service they give.

• Visited February 2013