“Cheap, clean, friendly staff, good security.... all in all, a pleasant stay”

Enmore Residence Hall
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cebu City
Enmore Residence Hall
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Found this place via a recommendation from my girlfriend, a native Cebuana. Even tho their facebook page was lacking some of the necessary info, we were able to ascertain the relative merits of the various rooms. Namely, I was concerned that they wouldn't have "in room bathroom facilities." Some of the "Pension House" facilities have somewhat communal facilities, sort of, kinda...

Anyways, we got all that stuff sorted out and booked a room at a decent rate... A VERY decent rate. (Their facebook site lists some of the "extended stay discounts." If your stay is longer, ask what the discount is.) Room was clean and of reasonably decent size. Bathroom, while small, was certainly adequate for the task. It also uses what I'll call "asian style" design on the shower. Basically, a recessed floor and a drain is what they have and it's really a nicer way to take a shower than standing in a tub. (Probably safer, too!) The room was tiled throughout with a 'reddish-tan' tile and quite nice as well. (Rest easy.. The wretched pink curtains were not in my room and I imagine that they yanked those things outta the other rooms, too. It was a green color when I was there.)

Other cool stuff.

They have an elevator!
They have a pretty damned good Japanese place downstairs. (I LOVED the ahi sashime at Joed's.)
They also have a decent coffee shop downstairs. If ya want GREAT coffee, Bo's coffee is only 3 or so blocks away.
Security is handled by a guard and sometimes 2 guards. Also, someone always mans the front desk AND they have underground, gated parking.
You will ALWAYS be greeted with a smile from the front desk staff... (Well, at least we were..:D)
There are balconies at the end of the some of the halls that provide a pretty nice "city lights" view.
Rooms are air conditioned.
They have GECKOS!!!!! (I included that lil part for TJ and Jason's benefit!!!)
They also have TV.
I needed to do laundry and the guard hooked us up with a woman who washed and folded my clothes PERFECTLY for 35 pesos... That's less than US $1.00!!!!!! I imagine that any other service you were interested in could be obtained as well.... (Except for the girls around the block in front of the wall at the 'other' hotel.)
The hotel is at the end of 2 streets, so there's not much traffic and it's pretty quiet.
Lastly, upon checkout, they gave us a discount for the next time we stayed there. It was SUBSTANTIALLY lower than the previously already LOW price for a clean room.

If I'm ever in Cebu again, I'll be sure to book a room there again. It was nice, they were nice, my stay was nice.

BTW, the reason that the Pool and the Fitness Center were judged so harshly is that THEY DON'T HAVE either. Frankly, I couldn't have cared less...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple