“At the Heart of the City” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of GV Tower Hotel

GV Tower Hotel
Ranked #70 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Manila, Philippines
“At the Heart of the City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

The hotel is located at the city's downtown, along Osmeña Blvd.

I checked-in in a single bed accommodation on the higher floor and I had a great view of the city. I'm not really that picky so I was satisfied and pretty comfortable with the clean and simple room.

I did not book in advance so I was expecting a higher rate - but, surprisingly, I only paid PhP700.00 for the night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank sole_iAn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cavite City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

It was in October 2013 when my friends and I booked for a night at GV Tower Hotel in Cebu. At the entrance we were greeted by a polite guard and instructed us that the lobby is at the 7th floor. The reception area was clean and there were sofas which you can sit by while waiting for the accommodation. Check-in time was 2pm and though we arrived at 11am, we were allowed to check in early. I paid for a room (good for 4pax) at P2,025 plus 200pesos deposit for our room key card. Our room was at the 10th floor. It had a full view of the busy city outside because of the glass panes. It was not too spacious, just enough for sleeping, tidy enough for comfort, presentably enough for travelers.

I can say that the hotel is conveniently placed, having local shops (Gaisano, etc.) and fasfood outlets (KFC, Mang Inasal) at walking distance. It is also one ride away from destinations like the Basilica de Sto. Nino, Crown Regency Hotel, Taboan Market etc.. It is located on a busy street therefore, commuting towards your destination becomes hassle-free.

Don't be disappointed by the pricey meal at their restaurant.There are plenty of good buys for food outside.

Because we know no one in Cebu, the free use of the bedside telephone and directory in GV Tower Hotel became very helpful (my friend was looking for a nearby Christian Church, i was trying to locate a certain restaurant), since the next hotel we stayed in charged us five pesos for every local call.. Duh?!

Staffs are courteous enough to answer our queries at their most. We even tried to experiment, entered, and asked out the rates of the inns nearby (Hotel Sogo, and 3 more) but still find GV Tower Hotel the best for its room rates..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mehitabel2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

If you are on a budget, this could be the right choice. Mind to get the highest room, the view is nice. Even if that's the worst area in Cebu. Gv offers a decent environment, and it seems to be safe. You can get delivery food & drinks for a reasonable price.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Wolfgang F
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I had our stay in GV hotel for a 2 day vacation. This hotel was referred to us by my wife's friend in cebu. Everything went fine at the reception area with the staff and we availed of their promo. We paid the down payment for 1 day plus 200 deposit. When we went to see our room, I immediately went to watch tv but the cable is not working. I called up the front desk only to find out that their cable tv is under repair and no other rooms are available. I was shocked to hear that we cannot watch tv. I went to complain to their supervisor because we wanted to check out and look for another hotel to my dismay, our downpayment can no longer be refunded as stated in their hotel policies.we found it very unfair since we were not informed that the cable is unavailable due to repairs,because if we were informed properly, we never should have stayed at GV hotel.we were so disappointed and vowed never to return to this worst hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
11 Thank Arnel30

Travelers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

cagayan de oro city
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our group stayed in GV Tower Hotel for 3 nights. We booked a Room good for 8 pax at Php2400 plus an extra bed for Php375. The room is located at the 5th floor and to get there, we had to ride the elevator up to the 6th floor and go down the stairs to reach the 5th floor (yes, no elevator passing the 5th floor). The room had a low ceiling but apart from that, it was averagely good. It had 8 single beds plus 1 extra foam and sheets, 2 comfort rooms, 4 cabinets, free towels, bath soaps, and toilet paper, aircondition, cable tv, and a hot and cold shower. Out from my experience in GV Hotel in Davao - no extra outlets available in the rooms -I brought an extension wire just to make sure. True enough, only 1 outlet was available and only 2 persons can get to use it at one given time.

Food chains were just walking distances from the hotel - McDonald's and Jollibee.

We never encountered any blunder from the hotel except for one thing - upon check out - where we were asked to pay Php250 for a stained towel! Now where did it come from when I was sitting across the reception desk waiting for the receptionist to advise that the room was already checked and we were good to go? I did not see anyone of their staff coming in from the 5th floor and bringing with them a stained towel. The receptionist insisted that the towel came from our room and we had to pay the corresponding price. Given that we were at a race against time and we might be late for our flight, so we paid. I just gave them the benefit of the doubt because we did not get to fully check our room before leaving it.

So dear travellers - be warned - do double check your rooms upon check out. Best that you stay there until the staff gets the room fully checked to avoid these circumstances. I did get to read one review from a traveller on his/her experience with the "stained towel" as well. I did not expect it would also happen to me.

Apart from that, the place is good to stay only when you plan to sleep there for the night and loiter the whole day. It's affordable especially for big groups.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank pritsininni
Bacolod
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

we have been there for 1 night only, even when more planned we would have been ran away next morning: air-condition makes noises all night, could not be fixed or in any way regulated, tv-channels are not clear, room small as i-dont-know and even staff... i don't know who seeingtheworldtoday did meet, but we only met the receptionist, who didn't know anything. the only friendly stuff have been the guards... the promotion-fee was a joke, as without nobody would visit that place. why a double-bed is more expensive then 2 single beds? and pillows that only gave headache... 925 peso for that night, no breakfast, nothing included... poor poor poor... never again...

Room Tip: how to remove the point for swimming pool? there was no swimming pool