New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #43 of 75 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Cebu
“Overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The room we stayed in was basically clean and ok but had no window, kind of depressing. Most of all I chose to stay here because of the gym. When I checked in I was told it is not included in the room rate which I didn't like at all. When I went on the second day to the gym somebody came after me and told me quite unfriendly that I had to go through sort of a registration process at the front desk if I want to use the gym. Well, I was at the front desk but nobody told me, I felt like I was accused of cheating. Then I wanted to avail of their spa services but they had no therapist and told me to come back some time later. Didn't like the food, too. I decided to check out...

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank scubabaer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here first week of May 2012. We booked this hotel because of its promo rate and its lap pool which my kids enjoyed. The promo rate is beneficial since we had to extend our stay for 6 hours for our late flight. The hotel is not really along the main avenue, its in the inner part of a street fronting a parking lot. . about a minute walk from the main Ave.. so no problem.

This hotel is like a YMCA health club like it’s a meeting place for Cebu’s fitness buffs . The small breakfast buffet is always available for around P200.00 mostly Filipino food. The hotel rooms are adequate with good airconditioning. The spa is great too, they also have a promo when we tried it.

Things I didn’t like: 1) You text them and I think they reply using a Freetext website 2) Cats are roaming and leaves poops in their small garden. .cleaning took so long 3) You have to pay the Wifi in your room. (so just go to the lobby restaurant) 4) Lobby’s aircon is not strong during our visit.

I wouldn’t mind staying here again if under promo rate and to visit the spa.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank APRIL8888
Cebu City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

At 1 st first sight when you enter everything is nice..........but at the front desk........terrible.....I didn't know if i was in front of reception of 3 stars hotel or at the desk of Jolibee (fast food).
the room amenities are very clean and good, I was surprised when they told me i need to pay to use the gym....what is funny i checked on their website or on agoda and it s not explain anywhere...................
and no elevator, so if you have big suitcase and if the only one doormen is busy then.........you do that by yourself!!!!
they don't need to shout everywhere in cebu city it's 3 stars with 5 stars amenities because there is a world between this hotel and some 5 stars there..........big difference in the service and not so much in the price!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel because everything is in supplement!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Arnaud54

Travelers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

April 2012 – Large lap pool with convenient restaurant. Gym had lots of equipment with filipino group sessions in the afternoon. Rooms without windows are painted brown and too dark for me. Pay the extra pesos and get a Room With Window. There are no businesses or services within walking distance, so you are using a taxi all the time. Allow an extra 500 pesos a day for hotel taxis use. If you book online for this Chinese owned hotel, you have to prepay for taxi service to and from the airport even if youre not coming from the airport (no refund for not using their prepaid taxis). The driver when dropping you off at the airport try’s to scam you to pay the meter, stating that he isnt part of the hotel. The pool was the highlight of the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a WINDOW
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BananaMangoChocolate
Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

After notifying the hotel that we'd be arriving at about 2am, there was a staff member waiting for us when we arrived. The room was clean, with a large king-sized bed. The bathroom was also clean. The staff wasn't really that helpful. I felt like maybe they didn't have many tourists who wanted to see Cebu City. There is nothing in the immediate area around the hotel, which means that you'd have to take meals in the hotel if you're hungry unless you want to go far. The service was painstakingly slow, but we experienced that in every place in Cebu/Bohol. The pool was open, and provided nice refreshment from the daytime heat.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank brainsoup
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

One of the worst hotels ive ever been. After complaining something to the reception area, they just answered me with no manners. I can say that the management is poor cause she kept on saying that its the management's policy. Really downgrade type of service and worst room amenities.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Zachary_sy
Cebu City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed one night at Holiday Spa Hotel. We walked in and asked for a vacant room with a king size bed. We were offered one room that I inspected and accepted and we moved in with our bags. Suddenly the front desk told us that the room was already reserved for another guest but they had an alternative room that was being cleaned and prepared for us. Teh front desk told us to wait in the lobby for 30 minutes.

I said I have to start working 2pm as I am connected to a call center with my laptop and the time was jsut then 2pm.. I asked if we could wait in a conference room but was denied that, due to a bad smell in the conference room! The lobby was quite noicy with many guest arriving and the two empty sofas that we were directed to were quickly full of guests. So I had to conduct my calls in this environment.

30 minutes later we were directed to our room and after that everything went smothly. The hotel has not real restaurant only some snacks, it is located far from any convenience store or mall. We had our own car so that was no problem for us and there were taxi standing by outside for guests without transportation. The facility hosts a big gym that is mostly used by outsiders. The hotel also have a pool with direct access from some of the rooms.

The rooms were quiet, new, fresh, clean and nice, but no window in all the rooms that were vacant. An excellent shower room but no amenities. The door is NOT safe, it has a very simple lock and no security lock. Internet is free only in the lobby else it is charged USD3.50 per night. I had my own mobile Internet devise and the signal was strong in our area.

My rating is affected by the check-in procedure. If that had went well I would have given a four+ instead. Holiday Spa have had a promo rate for quite some time and that adds to good value for the money. The staff is friendly, professional and didn't accept tips!

I will defenetivly stay there again. I wish they upgrade the door locks, the snacks supply range and include WiFi in the room rate.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room choose a room without window and if you want direct access to the pool ask...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Alba Uno Residencia
Alba Uno Residencia
#10 of 75 in Cebu City
4.0 of 5 stars 46 reviews

Been to Holiday Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!