“Tight minimal cabanas”

Ranked #65 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Bellevue, Washington
“Tight minimal cabanas”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

While the waterpark looks and sounds like good fun based on hearing the screams and laughter from the people there, I was just there as a stopover. The cabana we got was really small, the bathroom doesn't even have a full door - not sure about the shower either and I felt iffy about the bedding. There harsh white lighting doesn't do much for ambience. I guess if you book it, don't expect much.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank seattle_cdn

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We live in Consolacion, Cebu, which is about a 30-45 minute drive to Intosan Resort, depending on traffic. I made a reservation ahead of time for the entire week-end, from Friday to Sunday, in a room which has a double and three single beds and also a refrigerator. The basic cost was P1400 but the VAT was added on top of that which made it we thought P1568. However, Intosan has some creative pricing guidelines. The room was very spacious and quite nice--certainly more than adequate for a family with three small children. The rate is good for only two persons so all other family members, friends, etc. are considered extra and as such are charged P134.50 each. This,covers the cost of the entrance fee.

The great part about Intosan, in my opinion, is the variety of pool areas and amenities within each area. The main pool is in a lagoon shape and includes fountains which emit a very strong spray. You can almost get a back massage from the fountains. The wading pool for small children has an interesting atmosphere. It is very shallow and has lots of turtles, dolphins, toadstools, etc.spraying water all around, giving out a somewhat surrealistic aura. Both adults and children can truly enjoy the many fun and enjoyable water opportunities available at the park! There is also an adult pool with deep water which is open until late at night. On Friday afternoon and night, there were not many people around. However, Saturdays and Sundays are very crowded as a person might expect.

There is a little table in the room, handy for snacks and meals. For a big room the TV is very small, difficult to watch. There are quite a few flies, ants, and some mosquitoes which come into the rooms. Therefore, it is worth considering bringing a fly swatter and bug spray to combat the insect problem. For meals, we sometimes went to Jolllibee, went to a nearby carenderia, or we also used room service from the restaurant. The restaurant food was adequate but not really that good for a restaurant. They have a wide variety of dishes primarily in the beef, chicken, pork, and seafood areas. There is not much of a breakfast menu so it would probably be preferable to eat at Jollibee's.

Despite the drawbacks which I mentioned above, Intosan Resort is a really good place for a family to get away for a day trip, overnight, or for a week-end. Your kids will love you for it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pacifictraveler27
Reviewed May 18, 2013

quite a bad experience we had in intosan beach resort. it started with my reservation which I made 3 times with receptionist elvie but unfortunately there was non when we arrived, that we had to wait a few more minutes until the last reservation may cancel or may not arrive at exactly 2p.m. before we can be accommodated. Took the last room available which is very frustrating because it was not the reservations I made but had no other choice. Everyone was already pointing fingers as I was very furious of what happen. Receptionist was even blaming me for not calling the rightful number when it was the number published in there website. To add more inconvenience we were placed in a very dirty, lousy room with no tables, poor air condition. I could have stayed in our room which is much more better than the one I have. The pool is not what we expected, photos in their web site was definitely different from the real ones. Everything is with a price even for a hot cup of water and a cottage for the pool even if you an existing guest in the resort. Price is never worth it. Staff's are unfriendly and the entire experience is really very frustrating. I would never suggest this type of resort with the kind of service that they have.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank jojoregis

Travelers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Cebu
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My friends and I (we were 5 people) decided to have a summer outing this weekend and we heard good reviews for Intosan so we decided to try it out.

When we got there, I was surprised to find out that I had to pay an extra 400 for my 3 friends. See my problem here was I paid for a room that was good for 7 people (the set-up was 7 single beds).. but apparently the 1,456 that I paid for was just for two people... wouldn't it make sense to pay for the room.. then charge for extra people when it exceeds 7 people? frankly i felt a little cheated. then when we got to the second check-in counter, the lady prohibited us from bringing ROOT BEER inside because of the word BEER.... she says that it might be alcohol.. i mean... seriously??!

when we got to the room, it was decent looking.. but after a few minutes of inspection.. we found out that the double lock placed inside the room did not work, the bathroom was tiny and the shower was not working well.

so we are never going back there again.. for a first time.. my experience there wasn't really that pleasant at all.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jane A
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Great swimming pool [GPS Coordinates listed]

A few days ago our clan went to Intosan to go swimming. There were 21 people in our group, ages 3 to 60+. This was my second time there; the first time was about 6 months ago, with a group of 8, mostly school age and young adults.

Since we used only the swimming facilities on both occasions, my comments will be limited to those facilities.

Intosan is a nicely landscaped resort which has several swimming pools. Of special interest to parents with young children will be the huge "toddler" pool which gently slopes down to maybe 1-1/2 feet deep or so. The toddler pool also has a few low water slides sculptured inside of whales, as well as several toadstools and other structures that spray or drip water. For adults, there's a lap pool for those that are more serious in their swimming. However, most people hangout in the main pool area (about 4' deep), which also has fountains and a shallow "toddler" area.

Overall, I would give Intosan's swimming area high marks for a resort catering to a domestic clientele: The pool and surrounding area was very clean and well maintained. The dressing room and restrooms were adequate (and even had toilet seats, toilet paper, and functioning plumbing -- something which many domestic budget resorts don't have.)

The noteable exception to the "well maintained" comment is that the "children" and "adult" water slides were not operational during either trip. This seems to imply that Intosan is unable or unwilling to repair them during the six months or so between our visits. The adult slide looks like it would be lots of fun -- it starts about three stories high and switchbacks a couple of times before entering the pool. The children's slide is a pretty much a shallow, straight run. While technically one could say that the children's slide was "open" for use, the volume of water going down it was so limited that kids who tried it had to push themselves down the slide with their hands -- no fun. Two of the three toddler slides were functional on both trips and the small kids enjoyed them.

The other exception to the "well maintained" comment is that there is a very serious fly problem at Intosan (as compared to other resorts in this category that we have visited). If you try to serve or eat open foods there (BBQ, rice, fish, adobo, etc.), there will be a cloud of flies trying to share your food. I suggest either snacking on packaged foods, perhaps renting a screened cottage to eat in, or going offsite to a restaurant. Intosan should implement pest management measures to reduce this problem.

The entrance fee for swimming is p134.50 each. The two tables in the dining area cost us p336 each. In my opinion, the entrance fee is a bit high as compared to other resorts in this category that we have visited; p100 seems to be the usual rate. Likewise the table fees are a bit high.

Another problem we encountered on the recent trip was the loud "background" music played over the loudspeakers at the pool: It was both too LOUD and it featured a number of violent gangster rap songs (with hard, explicit profanity). Definitely NOT family-friendly.

Rating values are highly subjective. If it wasn't for the problems I've listed, I would rate Intosan as excellent. However, I'm knocking one point off for the continuing deferred maintenance of the waterslides and pest problems, and another point off for the very offensive music.

Other notes:

* The correct name of the resort is "Intosan Resort" instead of "Intosan Beach Resort". TripAdvisor has a typographic error in the name.

* GPS Coordinates: Coming from the south (towards Cebu City):
Turn left off the National Road at N10d31'30.9" E124d01'27.4".
Then turn left again at N10d31'40.4" E124d01'16.2".
The resort is located at N10d31'48.5" E124d01'11.0".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jiminalaska2010
Reviewed June 27, 2012

It was my husband's birthday. Me and my friends we're actually planning to visit the beaches at Banayan Island. But because of our very hectic schedule we tried to find a resort that would only be an hour drive. So we started to google for the nearest resort and this "Intosan Resort" came up based on reviews (whick I'm not sure how people came up with those comments) this was a great place to relax, with a good scenery and packed with accomodating staff. HELL NO! The woman at front desk "JOY" (thin woman in her late 40's) was acting uo the moment we arrived. We wanted to occular the rooms first before we settle but she started acting up like why do we have to do so. But she lost and we got to inspect their awfully stinking room. To the owner of this resort, you should know the value of customer service. If it weren't for us you wouldn't be earning! The people who works there? They were absolutely snooty! What the F?! Nobody provided us good service! Everyone was acting up like it's damn PMS day! They could have done better! You guys are running a business hello? You even have a signage that you won't be responsible for falling debris and fruits on people who are checked in at your resort! That's selfish and stupid and venile! You HAVE THE MOST AWFUL AND HORRIBLE RESORT IN CEBU. I won't recommend anyone I know to visit your place. You're place suck! It's dirty and it's disgusting! Yeah I could trash talk to you all day and won't feel so low of myself. Excuse me but you are not exactly AAA so what makes you think your staff have what it takes to treat people like that?

• Stayed June 2012
153 Thank iLovebeach88
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We've been to this resort last April 28, without any advance reservations. And upon arriving, we unfortunatley learned that the resort is sold out. So the plan of staying overnight did not take place. We settled to getting a table for 300php plus the entrance of 134.50 per person. we arrived at noon, and stayed at the resort until past seven in the evening. The kids enjoyed the pool and the slides which operates on a schedule. We tried their menu and ordered a pancit canton, which took so long to arrive..and which tasted just ok...not really memorable. I suggest that you bring your food and drinks with you since they don't charge corkage. Just hide your alcoholic beverage. ;)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 3 in Danao City
Paulo Luna Resort & Spa
Paulo Luna Resort & Spa
#47 of 91 in Cebu City

Been to Intosan Beach Resort? Share your experiences!