“Getting the Greek On!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Makati, Philippines
“Getting the Greek On!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I'm not really familiar with Mediterranean cuisine except that it involves alot of olive oil, cheese and yogurt. Since I'm a fan of these I decided to give Cyma a try when my friends wanted dinner there. I knew the restaurant was pricey so I expected great food. I particularly enjoyed the chicken gyro and the Greek onion soup was divine. The baby clams angel hair pasta was so-so. What caught me by surprise was my inherent dislike for moussaka. Maybe it's an acquired taste kind of thing. Nevertheless, don't let the prices intimidate you. They have big servings and you will leave the restaurant full to the brim. I have yet to try the Saganaki (flaming cheese) so I'm definitely going back. Hopefully, next time my taste buds will cooperate. Opa!
Tip: Birthday celebrants get a special treat.

• Visited June 2012

• Korean first
Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
“Opa! a great way to experience greek cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I'll go straight to the point.

Food is excellent, I keep coming back for their chicken gyro, prawns with feta cheese (not the name on the menu, can't really remember the greek term) and skolatina.

Service is prompt, I like how attentive the staffs are.

It's pricey but it's worth the dining experience.

• Visited November 2011
CEBU
“Greeky Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I had my birthday lunch there with my partner back in July. We took advantage of an offer from Groupon and it was quite an experience for me since I haven't been to a greek resto before so I can't really authenticate if the dishes we ordered where really presented the Greko way. I ordered a calamari for our appetizer and pork chop for the main course. Their servings were huge even my pork chop was too much for one person of my size. The calamari tasted no different from the ones served in other restaurant. The pork chop's presentation was awesome. I opted to pair it with rice and it came inside a huge green bell pepper. Though the rice tasted weird but I loved my order with no regrets in the end. I liked the iced tea since it tasted real to me not like the powdered once. We were not able to order any dessert because we run out of credits but were so full I can take anymore food after. The ambiance is casual. People go there to eat, talk and do business in between. The place inside can set up to 20 guests at one time but an open space outside can accommodate more. It's one of those experience that you must try but the cost is driving me away so I think that will be my last visit unless a good offer comes my way.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LOVEME2011
Cebu City, Philippines
“Good food, but not worth the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We went with a group to Cyma restaurant and I will start with the positives. The atmosphere is nice and the location at Ayala Terraces is great. The staff is very nice and friendly and attentive to their customers. The food, for the most part, was good. But the price just made me not want to come back. For what it was, the prices are too inflated.

To start on the food, my wife and I have traveled throughout Greece many times for work and have dined on many Greek islands, so we understand what Greek food should taste like. We decided to start and order a few dishes to share so others could try new dishes, in the style of Greek mezes. The tzatziki was the only thing we ordered that was not very good. It was watered down and had a very runny consistency. But everything else was excellent. The fried cheese saganaki was very good and reminded of us being back in Greece. All of the main courses, I can't remember what everyone got, were all excellent. And while we paid attention to the menu when we ordered, it was still a shock to find that the bill for a party of 4 was 3,000 pesos with no alcohol. In Greece with the Euro I could expect a bill that large, but not in Cebu!

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Adam B
Melbourne, Australia
“Surprised me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I am not a real fan of Greek cuisine, but was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food here. While I cant really comment on the authenticity of the dishes, I felt that perhaps there was a little blend of Filipina in the dishes, and I suppose thats not surprising.
The service was very good, the staff are attentive, and like a lot of restaurants in the Philippines, the food appears very quickly. The food was tasty, and well cooked, and presented.
Overall, Cyma is probaby better than average, but not in my mind, at very good, perhaps the rating should be GOOD.

• Visited September 2012