“Dress to Dine”

Ranked #474 of 743 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cebu City, Philippines
“Dress to Dine”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This restaurant (at J Centre Mall) became an alternative after I was ignored by a previous choice. However, much to my dismay, the same thing happened. I was ignored. I sat on a table directly in front of the counter. No one approached me. A few seconds after I entered, a group came in and was immediately directed to a table and given a menu. I, on the other hand, was left wondering if I looked like a pauper. I looked simple enough (just a blouse and jeans with sandals). Does that seem to be the dress code of a person who can’t afford to pay? Or I just looked like someone whose needs may not equate to a break-even in revenue, and therefore, not worth dealing with?

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank ain72337

Cebu City, Philippines
“Great value for delectable food”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I just love their seafood mongo and their pinakbet. Also a must try is their delicious bicol express. The staffs are also very pleasant and polite. This is indeed a place for affordable food that is exquisite in taste and great service.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Van G
Cebu
“Bang-for-your-Buck Filipino Food Goodness”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

It has become our dilemma where to take lunch after our (early-morning) shift ends. We enumerate the food places there is in Cebu and one friend suggested that we go to this native restaurant. Before we could say "not a native restaurant again!", we hopped to a taxi and told manong driver "J. Center Mall, AS Fortuna".

The place and the ambiance has nothing to write home about. It was more like Mang Inasal fast-food meets typical Chinese Restaurant. But with our rumbling stomachs, we could not care less. We ordered Filipino comfort foods - Crispy Pata (typical), Pochero (above average), Chop Suey (never thought this could be sumptuous), and Fried Shrimps (Heaven!). Whereas some would charge you P20 to P50 (ridiculous) on extra rice. They have unlimited rice on offer, which our trusty waiter made 5 trips to satisfy us.

What this restaurant needs is pipe-in music, a little bit of marketing gimmick and keeping prices low. The next time our lunch dilemma would suck us, we now know where our default place is.

Visited December 2012
5 Thank Xmackdab
Manila, Philippines
“Good filipino foods”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Nice food and good price. The place is within Gaisano mall and just 10 minutes ride from Hotel Cesario.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank Joshua F
Taguig
“wonderful lunch”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I love the pinakbet, bistek cebu and the veg. soup. But the leche flan not so smooth, try to improve it by not blending the white egg to the egg yolk mixture.

Visited May 2012