“Reasonable and clean newer hotel but noisy”

Premiere Citi Suites
Ranked #44 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed here many times during visit to Philippines. Nice rooms, newer hotel in Mango area. Reasonable prices. Beautiful roof top dining area with nice view of city. Staff are nice enough, but no major amenities. Was clean with fairly comfortable beds, working wifi in rooms, hot water in showers, air con works well. Downsides are typical to area, no really understood concept of what running a good hotel means. Food in cafe was not good. Sheets were consistently short sheeted on every stay.The hotel books lots of rooms through travel agencies catering to Koreans, so can be difficult to get a room without reservations weeks in advance especially during weekend. At night the hotel can be very noisy, mainly due to inconsiderate guests being very loud in hallways. Street noise was not as bad as noise from obnoxious guests.

Room Tip: Go for deluxe room
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Richard179

Reviewed August 31, 2011

I stayed here with my partner for 4 days and we had a great time. At first I was able to reserve a room for one night only for the rooms were fully booked, when we arrived at the place, the cheerful face of the receptionist gave us a warm welcome and she was able to reserve us rooms for the next nights. The room was clean, with hot and cold shower and with fast wifi internet. We enjoyed our stay at this place and with good view on the roof deck. The staffs were very accommodating and helpful. If you want a good place with affordable prize, choose this place. :)

Room Tip: Deluxe Room
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ping_07
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed in a Deluxe room for 3 nights at Php1,395 per night for double occupancy. The check-in process was fast and smooth, and Chad Tan (front desk) was accommodating and lead us to our room at the 5th level of the hotel. We were pleased to see the room, well lit and very clean. Below are my Likes and Dislikes about the hotel.
LIKES:
*Spacious room with big comfortable beds. The blankets were thick enough and linens smelled clean and fresh ( they change linens daily).
*Big Toshiba LED TV - not sure of the size though, maybe 32" or 36"
*Huge cabinet for clothes and ample space for shoes, slippers, luggage, etc.
*Floor to ceiling glass window that gives you a good view of the city. It also gives natural lighting in the daytime and gives a nice ambiance to the room.
*Chic, modern decor in the room. Not too flashy.
*Strong water pressure in the shower.
*Hot and cold water dispenser in every floor
*Courteous and helpful staff
DISLIKES:
*A bit loud A/C.
*Very limited mini bar.I think there were only five different items inside the ref.
*Php50.00 for room service fee.
*I feel annoyed at the sound of the toilet being flushed from the room directly above our room. When I looked up, I noticed that there's a gap on the ceiling of the T&B and I saw the pipes and wirings on the ceiling. I don't know if that's the trend in building design right now but i just didn't like it.
*The roof deck doesn't have a cozy atmosphere. I guess the red and white plastic chairs and very simple decors didn't help brighten the place.
*Eggs served during breakfast were already cold. And only a few choices for the free breakfast meal.
*No option for packed breakfast for guests who are checking out early to catch their flights. At Cebu R Hotel, 2 blocks from Premiere, they will prepare toasted bread & coffee to guests who are checking out before their kitchen opens. I hope that Premiere can do the same, or perhaps give their guests packed sandwiches.

Overall, we had a pleasant stay at Premiere. Aside from the glitches, I'm too sold out with the location. Although it's quiet and safe, we still have to walk about 2 blocks to find the nearest fast food, restaurants, grocery store. The location is not very convenient for me.
I would still recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank jheenee1
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I have tried staying with this hotel for 3x already and each time I can say that it's value for money. The rooms are quite spacious. Sheets are clean. Although the first time we got to stay there, some insects were present in the bathroom, over all, I would recommend this place to stay whenever in Cebu. It's close proximity to everywhere and every happening is ultimately a plus.

Pros:
- location/ accessibility
- price
- new
- spacious rooms
- free water in each floor

Cons:
- presence of

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank Lancelliot
Reviewed August 12, 2011

stayed in this hotel 3x and it always exceeded my expectations. the first time i checked in is a standard room and it is more than adequate..medium size room and everything you need is there. during my second visit, i did my reservation thru a phone call and during that time, there is no available standard room. i tried the junior suite as the cost is not that expensive. i am expecting a little more than the standard room or more of a deluxe version but it is not..it is more and with that price i can say it is more than enough! third time i tried the executive suite and again you are getting more than what you are paying!!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mahandas
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Me and my fiance stayed here for like three weeks, it turned out to be so nice because It was a pleasant stay, the staff are all good and very respectful and super friendly. I love how they assist you in your every need. Our only problem was the slow internet connection and I'm sure that they've been working so hard to fix that problem by now. Actually with the room rates of the hotel you wont expect to see a very good quality of service and rooms that they would offer you.. We loved our stay and we are looking and hoping to stay there again specially that when we left they opened the Restaurant at the Rooftop or that's what they call the RD? .. ;)

Room Tip: Book your reservations ahead of time so that they would have it ready for you .. Enjoy!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cristell1114
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Considering this wasn’t my first visit to Cebu and I do have family/friends/spouse from this local area I will say I didn’t have to go through the troubles of transportation to and from the airport. Though, had I not I would imagine getting here from the airport (which can take up to an hour) would be rather difficult. First ill start with saying within this area this is the best hotel around! Trust me I looked and I did the estimates and Premiere is where it’s at. The facility is cleaned daily, the front desk is good for basic necessities, and the location is relatively close to all that you would need. Two major malls (SM and Ayala) are conveniently close with more than an excellent choice of dining and not just Pinoy. WIFI is offered inside the rooms however in my specific room the connection went in and out to include the phone yet this was minor as I could easily collect connection from the surrounding rooms. A little inconvenience on that note but nothing to be too anal about as it is in fact a very new facility and will have its hiccups. Cable tv and AC is also provided in each room which is also very nice as reliable AC in Cebu is no doubt a necessity. Showers do have hot/cold water with very nice design and there is a spring water cooler on each floor which I loved sooooo much. Another addition is one hell of a patio upstairs on the top floor! It oversees Cebu city and is open 24/7 for you and your guest leisure (however the food services does stop at a certain hour.) As for the food service, their decent IMO however I didn’t really get into much of the menu outside of a sandwich here and there just because there are restaurants/bakeries around the local area that you could grab a quick bite from for a lot cheaper (though with the sandwiches you get chips…both times the first initial order came with with the chips being stale?? Lol but they did give you some new ones at no extra cost.) Outside of the off and on WIFI (only in my specific room) and lack of gym this place was awesome for its price. I really can’t stress enough how much my fiancé and I really enjoyed our stay there and the services they offer. Check it out!

Room Tip: Call ahead to arrange perhaps a taxi pick up from the Air Port
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple