“Nice but...”

Fuente Oro Business Suites
Ranked #29 of 80 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The facade of the hotel is very nice. the room is adequately spacious, the bed is nice although our only complain is that our room has a lot of mosquito and the headboard isn't included by the housekeeping to clean. The bathroom too has ants, fortunately, it wasn't the red one that bite.
I also hope to suggest to make your staff be more courteous and friendly. The daing na bangus breakfast was nice...but not the omelette.
Lastly, i hope they fix their wifi connection for signal inside the room. Though i still would recommend your hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors rooms, i think would be better...more quite.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 4, 2012

I was staying serveral times in the hotel.Could store my luggage always for free and left even my valueable items in the hotel safe without worries.Also for free.
The Hotel is new and everythig is working.It is a very safe place and very good located in the center of town.Breakfast incl. for 2 is good and better then most other places I was staying.Staff is friendly and helpful.
Room service is a bit slow but if you ask for service no problem they will do.
Restaurant staff is great and if you like you get your breakfast to the room.
My room a de lux no.504 with a big window and nice view was big and nice but light could be brighter.At night the room is a bit dim.But wi-fi was working ok.
I also was staying in a standard room and superior.All rooms in very good condition and a bargain.I always compare and I visited atleast 8 other hotels in town and always take a proper look on serveral rooms.
Fuente Oro is the bargain in town!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank detlefscholz2000
Reviewed February 25, 2012

After reading the positive reviews from tripadvisor members, we decided to stay in this hotel for 5 days and 4 nights. The check-in process was fast and after 10 minutes we were in our room, a Deluxe room at the 3rd floor of the hotel. The room was clean, spacious (about 19.5 sqm) had a king size bed and sofa bed. There was ample space for our luggage and clothes and the A/C was working well. Although the staff were nice and courteous, there were just a few important things that they missed.

RANTS:
* When we got to our room, there was no toilet paper and floor towel in the bathroom.
* The bathroom was not as clean as the rest of the room. There were grimes and molds under the sink.
* Only one trash can in the room and so I just placed it inside the bathroom.
* Housekeeping staff have to be called to have our room cleaned. I asked what time do they start cleaning the room, they said 10am. We came back to the hotel from the mall at 2:25pm and our room was not yet cleaned. So we asked them to do housekeeping in our room. On the second day, it was the same story. We went out to have lunch at 11:15am then came back to an uncleaned room at 2:40pm. I called their attention again and reminded to clean our room. On the third day, the same thing happened. So we just called the front desk to ask for clean towels and toilet paper since the housekeeping staff never replenished our toiletries and didn't change our towels and linens, and our bathroom was dirty for that entire day.
* The LCD TV was placed on the side of the wall (see attached picture) and not on the center where one can watch tv comfortably while in bed.
* No wifi inside the room. Even though the hub is just outside our room, we can't connect, connection was too slow and unstable.

RAVES:
* Spacious room.
* Breakfast was delicious.
* Very good location, with lots of resto, fastfood, coffee shops, internet cafe, and pharmacy. Also, it's just very near Cebu Doctor's hospital.
* Hot and cold water dispenser right outside of our room.
* Courteous and accommodating staff.

Overall, we had a pleasant stay at Fuente Oro. Price wise, the Php1,600.00 per night rate for a deluxe room without a mini ref and 24" LCD tv is not bad. But you can get the same amount with a much bigger room size and more modern fixtures, bigger tv and mini ref, from the hotel one block away from Fuente Oro.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Very nice hotel room. Huge bed. Nice view on the 5th floor. Close to lots of attractions. Wifi is only in lobby.

Room Tip: Breakfast is on the rooftop.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I was looking for a hotel in a good location and chanced upon this hotel. Looked good on the outside but felt dated on the inside. I got a junior suite and was expecting nicer accommodations. When they handed me the TV and airconditioner remote's at reception, I had this sinking feeling. And true enough the bathroom had a strong scent of mildew, the foot rug was gray, the two bath towels were fraying and worn. The beddings were old and there wasn't even a small refrigerator (mind you - this is their junior suite). There 2 small bottles of water and a coffee pot and instant coffee but no creamer and no sugar and NO coffee spoons??!!(not even plastic ones). Breakfast was plated but was niggardly and cold. I was shocked to see two of the waiters helping themselves to a glass of orange juice in full view of the guests. And what seemed to be one of the managers walking around in his undershirt (must have been the heat and humidity - as the lobby was only cooled by a industrial strength floor fan.) I checked out and found a much nicer hotel two blocks away. Felt robbed for what I paid for the junior suite...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2012

we stayed there for 5 days and we really enjoyed our stay there.. all the staffs are very nice and helpful, clean room and yummy breakfast :) The hotel is in the city center, walking distance to robinson's mall, hospitals, and larshian's !

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christine Angel... T
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We stayed here after the long travel from Bantayan. They promptly accommodated us and had us pay at check-in. When we proceeded to our room, we were amazed. The room has all the basic necessities, and it's really clean and comfy. Our room even has a TV-flat screen, if I may just say, with cable. The comfort room amply provided hot and cold shower and also has clean towels. All good for their reasonably-priced standard room. One problem we had though is that the restaurant has no food joint that serve rice meals all day long (they provide free breakfast though but we were not able to avail since our flight in the morning was too early). It only has a cupcake shop. There's a food store across the street though (Harvey's, something like that). They serve delicious food, I ordered porkchop steak and it was really tasted good. What I really liked about this hotel is its location, not too near the main road so you can have all the privacy you want, but also stone's throw away from Fuente Osmeña. Will definitely stay here again when I go back to Cebu!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends