“Convenient and well-suited” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 85 Hotels in Cebu City
Davao City, Davao City, Philippines
“Convenient and well-suited”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I wanted to stay in a hotel where it would be near a mall (like Diamond was just literally walking distance from Ayala Center) so it wouldn't be hard to find good food other than hotel food. I was on a business trip so I was by myself, the staff were really well-trained, from the guard to the front desk and bell man.
Although it took quite awhile to get me checked into my room, probably it was because of the number of guests, there was only one person manning the front desk at that time but i was able to check in pretty quick than most hotels I've been to.
The room is just enough, they have a work station beside the bed and the lighting can be changed to suit your mood (unlike some hotels where they just have really bright lights or just really dim dim lights). My only problem is that the bath room looked a bit old (stains and all) and the water pressure wasn't that strong as I had hoped it would be but other than I loved their touch of "home" in the hotel like providing bedroom slippers, having a personal safe inside your closet where you can store your valuables and on top of that they have complimentary bathroom essentials (soap, lotion, shampoo/conditioner and yes, a razor!).

I would definitely request to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: rooms not near the elevator if you don't want noise (sometimes, guests tend to be noisy going in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ferina S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Timaru, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here a few weeks ago with my family. Very nice experience. All the staff were very very good. Nice breakfast, they had no bacon so cooked for me especially. A bit overcooked for my liking but they tried. Next day bacon was on the buffet (still overcooked). I will stay here again when next in Cebu. Only one critism and I hope this can be helpful. The toilet seat was loose. Such a simple thing to report by room attendants and put right. The toilet is cleaned everyday yes, so someone would have known. I do find it a bit strange generally in the Philippines where labour is so cheap that maintenance is often an issue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank HughandMedith
Baguio, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Diamond Suites Cebu served as our "Refuge Amidst the Storm" back in December 2012 when our ferry trip to Bohol was cancelled due to typhoon Quinta. We were actually billeted at The Diamond supposedly 2 days after our Bohol break. I made a quick call to The Diamond asking if we could check in 2 days earlier because of our situation. Without any hassle, they delightfully welcomed us! It was a huge sigh of relief for my tired kids when we got there. We were met with warm hospitality and was given this beautiful clean room as a resting place. That soothed all our tired feet! Praise God!

Thank you The Diamond Suites, to Ms. Kristine and the front desk staff who are all wonderful! God bless you for the excellent work that you do!

P.S. Our hats off too to the efficient food services staff! Your breakfast buffet is great! We enjoyed every bit of it! And to Janitorial staff: you guys are precious gems! Thank you and keep up the good job!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Glo R
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Nice hotel and comfortable room. Very convenient too. There is a refrigerator, coffee maker, mini bar, telephone, slippers, dental kit, shaving kit, shower gel, lotion and shampoo. Very clean. All the things I need are all in the room. Affordable price. Very cheap for a very nice and perfect room. I had a good sleep because the bed is so comfy. The room smells good like all the time. Too bad we don't have time to visit the pool.The hotel is in the city near Ayala. I recommend this hotel. We will stay here again when we go visit Cebu again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ariahs B
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

the deluxe room with two queen beds is very spacious and clean. lighting is perfect and the linens are clean. great to have a good night's sleep with airconditioning perfect. the bathroom is clean and new. the towels need to be immaculately drycleaned white, though. the food at the bar was excellent; large to be shared with three. tasted good. music of the band needed more life but was fair anyway. the last minute arrangement for the city tour was good. very accommodating staff. since our trip back to manila was at 8 pm yet, we were allowed to stay until 4 pm.

Room Tip: take room 222 deluxe.. great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank caesar b
Fairfield, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at the Diamond Suites during the last week of January 2013. I found the hotel to be quite nice and priced accordingly. The hotel front desk staff was helpful and the check-in was smooth. The room was great. I found the extra toiletries - the shaving kit a nice giveaway. The water in the shower was warm and a must for the foreign traveler. The only area where the hotel could improve is the restaurant area. There did not appear to be heavy activity in this area during the 3 days that we were there which tells me that dining is not a priority of this hotel. However, the hotel is within a 2-3 minute walk to the Ayala Terraces where there are many fine eating establishments to choose from. This is a good hotel, in a great location, and would be a hotel that I would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Greg A
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just walking distance to the Ayala mall. Many restaurants in the mall to choose from so no need to order from the hotel's resto as not much choices. Beds are small but comfy. Nice roofdeck pool but not so clean. Staff are very friendly. Not a lot of choices for bfast but can be considered good. I stayed with 2 young children but no much for them to do there. Good for business stays.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family